Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueshirt
Sep 27, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I feel very much In Control of all nearby fish. Like Aquaman, only with a big red gammony face and strong opinions about minorities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueshirt
Sep 27, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Perfect Element posted:

It honestly destroys my mind that despite what's going on (we're in tier 4), people still just don't give a gently caress. It's honestly why the left will never win an election in this country again.

The government totally abdicated all responsibility pretty much instantly and openly and nakedly reneged on drat near every promise made at the start of lockdown. A whopping percentage of the cabinet has violated lockdown protocols with zero consequence, and Bojo himself treated getting covid like some frightfully clever jape. We here, as goons, by and large are okay with sitting in and poo poo posting, but for a lot of people going in the sesh and socializing is their primary release mechanism. Oh and a lot of people got the feet kicked out from under their festive season at the last minute, purely because the government couldn't be arsed doing anything that might help a prole. 2020 was, by and large, a never ending festival of he rich and powerful in the UK going "lol gently caress you, society is a sham go gently caress yourself" while being deliberately vague about what shape the future might take.

In the face of that the surprising thing, to me, isn't that a few people have decided to go "gently caress it" and party, it's that such a large percentage are still respecting covid protocols.

Blueshirt
Sep 27, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Vitamin P's a bit all over the place but the BLM protests definitely didn't help in terms of compliance. Your average punter doesn't go "oh well they're outside and mostly masked and you can't always plan your flashpoints in a long overdue social movement", they go "here they're out doing stuff and I've been sat in watching Netflix and our Sharon's eldest got fined for going to that beach barbecue, gently caress this poo poo".

And when the media touched on the whole "wait, covid though?" aspect of the protests it did tend to be a bit peremptory and "it's fine, stfu" in tone. Which is a failure of our garbage media, rather than the protestors, but if you're a spluttery reactionary type that's gonna elude you.

Blueshirt
Sep 27, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
2025: the last few survivors shuffle listlessly around their local B&M, before going home to order a Domino's. Tier Level 8, Sub-Category Emergency Delta, Mood Colour Turquoise is declared by President Johnson.

Blueshirt
Sep 27, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Barry Foster posted:

People have responded adequately to you already peanut, so basically, What They Said

A Worthless Post.

Blueshirt
Sep 27, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
S&TC started out pretty cool and then turned into "4 impossibly rich monsters whine about their non-problems" before launching into absolute insanity with the movies, one of which was so insanely bad, classist and racist that it made Mark Kermode break down and sing the Internationale at a perplexed Simon Mayo.

Blueshirt
Sep 27, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

peanut- posted:

Any Other Labour Leader continues to storm the polls.

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1349025755204874240?s=20

Forgive my idiocy - when there's a bunch of - with no corresponding +, does that mean people have changed voting intention to "eh, gently caress 'em all I'm not voting" or something?

Blueshirt
Sep 27, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Watched the first episode of the sopranos, its all on sky box sets and i don't need to tell you its great but i particularly enjoyed the music choices!

R.I.P Very Reverend D. Wayne

Blueshirt
Sep 27, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ewan posted:

I don't get the whole rationing out a weirdly small amount of pasta thing. You can buy 1kg of pasta from Sainsburys for 58p. And presumably if you are a bulk purchaser you can get it for even cheaper. So even 4kg of pasta is going to cost you just over £2....

Tories grudgingly realise they might need to feed poors.
Tories give contract to crony.
Crony skims lion's share of money for self.
Crony dumps task onto procurement.
Procurement is totally unused to this kind of buying, since they're usually a catering company.
Procurement probably makes effort to tell Crony, but the money's already been socketed in the Caymans and anyway gently caress you I've done my 5 hours this week I'm orf until Thursday next.
Procurement fucks it up, kicks it down to middle management.
Middle management has pallets of random shite arrive with little to no warning.
Middle management kicks it down to ground level staff.
Ground level staff are given a big random pile of assorted shite and told to divide it amongst [x] with 0 guidance and, since nobody knows what the gently caress they're doing, you end up with these incredibly odd divisions.

Blueshirt
Sep 27, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Although broadly a force for good, Monroe is also a habitual liar, small scale grifter and perpetually exploding drama bomb. Heart kinda sank when I saw her pop up on the fringes of this whole thing, since she's basically a big glowing red weak spot for any lazy right-wing hack to aim for.

Blueshirt
Sep 27, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I used to work for Johnsons Workwear, who did the laundry for that Lochfyne fellow, and he is a loving grade a bell end. Would phone up last thing on a Friday, without fail, cursing and swearing and stressing out the office ladies while trying to wangle a discount. Was also constantly trying to nick things out the lorry. And went bankrupt and unbankrupt about a bajillion times.

Blueshirt
Sep 27, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crispix posted:

anyway you scots only have like 2x the population of NI how do you manage to make so much of a fuss about yourselves lol you didn't even have a civil war

Ironic being a oval office is still being a oval office.

Blueshirt
Sep 27, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crispix posted:

and any sentient being who is aware of an imbalance of power against them on this mortal coil has every right for to kick off imo

oh goody, I'll tell my fellow porridge goblins that you've given us the nod.

Blueshirt
Sep 27, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shyrka posted:

All it took was mentioning a topic relating to Scotland for us to be once again reminded of how uniquely diseased we are.

Also nationalism is a disease except when you want to do wacky ironic quasi-racist belittling of Scottish people, then nationalism is juuuuuuust fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueshirt
Sep 27, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I just saw some anti-islamic stuff in there.

Pretty sure that ad goes to the QCS thread about how Cyrano should be demodded.