Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
Ground floor 2021. Happy new year guys, hope it sucks at least a bit less than the shithole we just crawled out of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
Pfizer must be pissed, we're going to make the vaccine look useless because we can't follow basic instructions.

And the idea that having one dose of each is acceptable is insane. They tested these vaccines under very particular conditions. Anything that isn't those conditions is literally untested. And I'm pretty certain that 'one of each' was never even considered for testing.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Jel Shaker posted:

lol how about the internal staff email link being leaked and a huge number of friends and family turning up instead of clinical staff

This is what we have at my trust. I've not heard of friends and family (yet), but the targeted emails being forwarded around entire teams so office staff getting there before frontline staff seems rather common.

I guess it's because the booking system that we use is just a link to a request form, with no individual ID being used, so the same link will work for literally anyone.

At our trust, I believe you need to be carrying your trust ID badge, which is probably the only thing stopping it from turning into a total farce.

frankenbeans fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 8, 2021

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
Once they get the vaccine deployment procedures working nicely, there should definitely be an option for people to be on 'standby', especially with the Pfizer vaccine. At our trust we've been able to avoid wasting doses when people are no-shows by asking around, and pulling in anyone within earshot that hasn't had one yet. Before long, all those people will be covered, so we will risk throwing thawed vaccines in the bin.

An ideal solution would be drive-thru jabs. Have one queue of people with appointments and one queue for standby. If the appointment queue runs dry, pull people in from the standby queue. But always be jabbin'.