Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Might as well be the Virgin Sacrifice!

In.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Apologies for asking, but isn't there supposed to be a post mentioning when Sign Ups are closed?

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Okay then, I'll start with my crap story.
My Strangest Patient
613 Words
Loves: Hair
Hates: The Dead Sea

Did I ever tell you about my most bizarre patient?

Back in my early days at the ward, I met a few nutcases, but one of the stranger ones was a man who, for the sake of anonymity, I’ll call, “Sam”. Now, I fully remembered the time Sam came to the ward. Had to be perhaps one of the hairiest men I have ever seen. And the funny thing is, he didn’t look like one of those mountain men you see on TV. This was a guy who was hairy but knew how to take care of his hair. He almost looked like one of those guys you see in the 1700’s! I asked someone why he was in here, and they just told me, “Buddy, you think all that hair is his?”

A while later, I got assigned to him. Apparently, he asked that the Cowstills be playing non-stop. He had a bunch of furniture here. And when I felt one of it, I noticed something strange. Said furniture was made of hair. I asked him why he had such an obsession with hair. He mentioned growing up around a barber shop, so hair was basically his entire life. When describing hair, he mentioned it in such a suggestive manner, that I almost feel too uncomfortable going into detail. Later, I learned that part of the reason Sam ended up here was because while working as a barber, Sam would stroke some of the female customers hair suggestively. This led to the obvious sexual harassment case, and after some mental tests, he ended up here. Surprisingly, they allowed him to bring his hair collection. A fellow doctor told me that it was so he couldn’t go completely mad.

While some of the conversations I had with Sam were horrifying, some were quite interesting. For example, he showed me how he made all the furniture in his cell. The way he did it was rather complex, but outright fascinating! I saw some things that I didn’t even know could be made with hair! I asked him his secret, and Sam just showed me some glue in his hand. When I asked about it, he mentioned he “Has a knack” for working with glue, as well. Amazingly, while he made plenty of furniture, he also made objects such as knives with hair.

While many of our conversations had to do with hair, not all of them did. For example, one of my most interesting conversations with Sam had to do with death. He told me that he had no Idea where he wanted to be buried, but he knew well where he didn’t want his body to rest: The Dead Sea. I told him it was impossible to be buried there, since there was so much salt that everything floats up. He smiled and told me that it was because of the Dead Sea that he had a great fear of dying. The mere name of the place, The Dead Sea, absolutely irked him. As if there could only be death there. It got so bad, that Sam feared that if anyone even mention The Dead Sea (For Example, the Dead Sea Scrolls) he might do something violent.

A few months later, I heard that Sam was transferred to another mental hospital. From what I heard, he shanked another patient when they said something to the extent of “Dead, see!”. Word was it that Sam used a knife made of hair. While there were many patients that I had that were quite mad, Sam was perhaps one of the strangest of them all. After all, it’s thanks to him that I am bald today.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Huh. Honestly surprised I didn’t get the loss this time.

Anyway, in.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

His Special Day
620 Words

I can’t believe the little poo poo is getting married.

Joe was in his hotel room, getting ready for the big day. Said little poo poo was none other than Jim, his brother. Jim was having his wedding at a fancy hotel, and Joe was one of the groomsmen. After all, in terms of brothers, Joe was all Jim had. The same could be said for Joe.

Joe remembered his times with his brother. How he would pick on him, make fun of him. Then again, Joe wasn’t exactly brother of the year, himself. But, like many brothers, they were there when it was needed the most. As they both grew up, both matured, but there was still a bit of laziness from Jim. He would ask his mother to do menial tasks that he had the full capability to do himself, such as making a sandwich. Sure, Jim was the younger of the two, but he still had a bit of immaturity in him. Well, at least until Jill came along.

The family was surprised that Jim got a girlfriend. After all, he didn’t exactly scream boyfriend material. But as it turned out, Jill was the best thing that ever happened to him. They even moved to an apartment beforehand. Sure, there were some troubles, the immaturity of the past was hard to shake off. But eventually they both decided that they both had to improve if their relationship was going to work. And work it did. Eventually Jill was a much of a member of the family as Jim, Joe, and their parents were.

Joe and his parents knew that the engagement was eventually going to happen. After all, they liked Jill, they met Jill’s parents and liked them, so there wouldn’t be any problems! People around them were wondering when Jim and Jill would ever get married. Eventually, the day came that Jim proposed, and to nobody’s surprise, she said yes. Phase one was completed, now on to the much harder phase two.

Joe and Jim’s parents offered to have the wedding over at their church, but Jill wanted an area close to a lake. The parents mentioned an area close by that floods so much that it could be considered a “lake”, but Jill was steadfast. Eventually, they decided on the hotel that everyone was at today. Jim and Jill chose the food, which was especially important since Jill was a Vegetarian. And Jim chose the family’s former pastor to officiate. All Joe really had to do was get fitted for a tuxedo, and be a part of Jim’s bachelor’s party. (He left before everyone got too drunk.)

The day finally came. And Joe was putting on his Tuxedo. He remembered the times with Jim. There were moments when he wondered, Was I a good brother? With his Tuxedo on, Joe went down with the rest of the groomsmen. Jim was nervous, of course, but Joe jokingly assured him that this is only a day he must remember for the rest of his life. That made Jim feel somewhat better. Eventually, the moment came, and for the most part, everything went off without a hitch, though Jim said “I Do” a little too early.
While Joe was Jim’s brother, he was not his Best Man. So, he was not the one who had the speech at the reception. Not that Joe didn’t have anything to say. He wanted to mention moments of Jim’s immaturity, how he was lazy at times. He wanted to mention how everything changed with Jill. He wanted to thank Jill for making Jim a man. But he didn’t at that time. Jim was nonetheless grateful that his brother was there for his special day.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

So, who won? (Yes, I know it’s not me.)

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

In

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

This is what it sounds like
437 Words
“I’m telling you man, the superior version of When Doves Cry was in that Romeo and Juliet movie!”
“Oh, sure. You say that a choirboy is superior to freaking Prince!”
“I’m not disregarding the Prince of Funk! I’m just saying that he sounded bored in his version, while the kid from the movie had emotion!”
“It was the 80’s! Everyone sounded bored!”
*click*
Leo DeCaff has just finished his usual routine of watching pundits on VH1. At first, he was surprised that VH1 even had pundits, but nowadays, he finds the banter about music to be quite amusing. However, the banter today hit close to home, since normally, he would watch it with the love of his life. After what happened yesterday, that was no longer the case, for the love of his life was no longer that.

Leo remembered it vividly. She was out of town, and Leo was at home. On that Day, he received a letter from FedEx. It was a Dear John letter. The kind of letter that basically said, “I’m breaking up with you, now gently caress off”. She probably found it funny, since it was Leo herself who told her of times when people were told they were fired through FedEx. Ironic. Leo Thought. I get a FedEx from the woman that is now my Ex.

To say that Leo was boyfriend of the year would be a drat lie. Sure, he wasn’t abusive, but there were times (Perhaps too many times) where he was far too brash. She was all about the talking, while Leo was all about the screwing. They had plenty of sex, but Leo kept wondering, was it satisfactory? After all, whores have repeat customers for a reason. He tried to emulate the romance style of his parents (At least, what he had seen). Maybe their style didn’t work at this day and age? Was his father too harsh? Was his mother pleased with the sex they had? These and many other thoughts pondered through Leo’s mind, but he knew it was already too late.

After having some breakfast, he heard some birds outside his window. At first, he thought it was Pigeons, but he saw that they were purely white. Those were not Pigeons, but Doves. It appeared that the doves were having a fight. After a while, most of the doves left, while the defeated dove made a distinct sound before it hobbled away. Leo thought to himself, was it…crying? He remembered the song being talked about earlier, but never really heard a dove cry, until now. “Huh.” Leo said. “So that’s what it sounds like.”

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Thanks for the crit! (Wasn’t sure if he realized that he won, so I sent a PM reminded him. That’s why he offered the crit)
Y’know, each and every Thunderdome I have been in has been quite the learning experience.
If you would give me a Cryptid, then I would like to learn some more. (In)

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

The Case of the Lac Wood Kegger
1081 Words

A couple of weeks ago back in August, I was assigned by the office to help with a missing person report over in Mauricie, Quebec. Since I was mostly new over at the CSIS, I was told to go. I’m from Nova Scotia, so it took a little while to get there. Like most Canadians, I was fluent in both English and French, and Quebec was why the latter was necessary. I wasn’t sure what I was expecting when I came there. Hell, until I got the case, I didn’t even know the CSIS even handled missing person cases. Little did I know, what I saw there would perhaps change my life forever.

When I got there, the local police helped fill in some details. Her name is Jean Corbeaux, a student over at Laval University. She was last seen celebrating the end of the school year over at Laval at a Kegger over at Lac Wood. When asked why there, the family mentioned that it was a popular vacation spot for them. I headed over to Lac Wood, hoping to find any leads on the investigation.

When I got to the Lac, I saw an old man over in a makeshift cabin. Thinking that he might be a lead, I went to talk to him. “Excuse me?” I said, obviously speaking French. “What is it, Monsieur?” he asked. “Liam Tremblay, CSIS. I’m here for a missing person report?” I say while showing my badge. “Ah, we don’t have many agents around here!” He mentioned he was known as Old Jacques and that he lived around the area for about twenty years. I asked him about the Kegger that Mademoiselle Corbeaux was a part of. “Oh, yeah! I saw a few vehicles that passed by!” he said. I asked if there were any weird things that happened deeper in the area of the Lac. “Not much, except for the Lac Wood Screecher!” I have heard of it before, but I always dismissed it as an old wife’s tale. I told Old Jacques that, but he assured me that it was real. I left and went deeper into the Lac. The tale about the Screecher was the only lead I really had, even though many might consider it nothing. Perhaps Jacques was mistaken?

I went deeper in, and I noticed a sort of rotting smell. I followed it closer. What I found shocked me to my core. “Mother of God.” I said out loud. It was the body of a dead woman, who looked thoroughly decomposed. The sight from my eyes appeared rather ghastly. I was trained to expect seeing dead bodies, but not anything like this. During my training days, I was told by those at the Morgue that I would eventually get used to seeing dead bodies. Back then that time had not yet come. Speaking of the Morgue, I immediately phoned them. “I’m going to need some folks over at Lac Wood ASAP.” When asked why I simply said, “Found a dead body, and if what I’m assuming is correct, then this missing person investigation has become a murder one.”

A few days later, I got a call from the Morgue. Was always amazed at how much they could do with so little. Sure enough, the body was Identified as Jean Corbeaux. They mentioned that there were signs of immense blunt force trauma on her skull, which, due to the activities Corbeaux was a part of, was theorized to be from a beer keg. I asked if the keg was empty or full, he mentioned that due to how kegged beer is stored nowadays, it didn’t really matter. The Morgue worker then asked me why it took so long to find her body. I told them about Old Jacques and how he supposedly heard the Lac Wood Screecher. “He couldn’t possibly have heard it!” they said. “If he had truly heard the screecher, then it would be one of the last sounds he would ever hear!” I asked what they meant by that. He mentioned how the Screecher’s screeches supposedly can cause throbbing in the head, which could affect a man’s hearing. Thinking about how he appeared to be perfectly fine, I went back to Old Jacques.

I drove back to the cabin. Jacques was nowhere to be found. Inside the house, I saw the usual furnishings need to survive, but one item caught my eye. It appeared to be a large book. I opened it and saw that it was a photo album. All the photos appeared to focus on a particular little girl. Suddenly, I hear a noise. “Monsieur, what are you doing in my house?” Putting two and two together, I ask, “Sir, who is the girl in this photo album?” Jacques refused to answer. I press on, asking him again. Jacques pulled out a gun, saying “Don’t tell anyone about this!” Knowing that it goes against my job description, I pin Jacques to the floor. “Sir, you are under arrest.” I say, while mentioning the right to silence and self-incrimination.
After that, it was basically an open and shut case. Old Jacques was a closeted Pedophile, who used the Kegger as an opportunity to pursue Miss Corbeaux, who was the focus on his photo album. When Jean refused, he killed her. The locals believed in the Lac Wood Screecher, so he used it as an excuse so the authorities could not find the body. Little did Jacques know, is that he didn’t get all the details about the screecher down.

Now, those of you reading this might be wondering, “This was an open and shut case! How did it change your life?” My time in Mauricie was practically a learning experience. It helped me to get more used to the sight of a dead body. And it also showed me the importance of looking into each and every detail. I learned more in Mauricie than I ever did back in the academy. Though one other thing I learned happened while I was leaving.

As I started to leave, I heard an unearthly sound. The sound had kind of a metallic tint in it. It was far away, but I noticed that it could potentially be harmful when heard from a closer distance. Could it be that the Loc Wood Screecher is real? Perhaps. Perhaps not. I thought. It didn’t really matter to the case, so I went home a better man than when I left.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Crap I forgot to add: For those who are archiving the stories, my prompt is The Lac Wood Screecher

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

In

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Athos and the Living Dead
1431 Words
Sword and Sandal Horror

Long ago, during the days of the Roman Empire, the land was infected by a plague of the undead. A plague brought about by Hades, the Lord of the Underworld. Due to not wanting to waste his soldiers, Emperor Nero sent out common Gladiators to fight off the undead menace. The strongest of them was known as Athos. He and his legendary muscles posed the greatest threat to the undead menace. We truly start our story during one of those battles, where Athos led the Gladiators again to battle.

During this battle, Athos, built like a true man, was separated from his group and fought multiple undead at once. It appeared that even the colossal girth of Athos was outnumbered, when suddenly, another man’s blade smashed an undead trying to ambush him. “Well, well. Is the mighty Athos finally losing his edge?” Said the Gladiator. “Cut me some slack, Nikos!” Athos mentioned, muscles in tow. “Even a mountain like I can be toppled by a group!” Athos treasured Nikos’ assistance. In the world of Gladiatorial Combat, fighters are discouraged to be friends. After all, why be friends with someone today, who you were going to kill tomorrow? But when fighting the undead menace, Nikos was a valuable ally for both Athos and his muscles.
After the day of battle has ended, the Gladiators that still lived headed back to their quarters. Most of the Gladiators were former slaves, trading one slavery for another. In the Colosseum, brave men fight to the death using sword, spear, or whatever weapon they can find. The battle ends when one man kills another. In other words, two men enter, one man leaves. As said before, there wasn’t any room for friendships in Gladiatorial Combat. After the battle, the victor is rewarded with a feast in his honor. It was a rule set in place by Nero himself, “After glorious combat, there must always be a feast.” There were some who questioned that decree, but as long as the food was good, they did not care.

The next day, it was decided who would fight in glorious combat tomorrow. There were a few preliminaries, but the main battle was decided as Athos vs. Nikos. After the matches were announced, Nikos talked to Athos privately, showing him a unique opal encrusted ring. “My sister and I were taken away from separate places, and we were each given these rings. I swore to the gods above that I would do anything to find her. Of course, that also means killing you, my friend.” Athos truly understood, as he also had a worthy reason to fight. Back when he was a child, he fell in love with a local girl named Seline. For her, the feeling was mutual. Unfortunately, she was forced to become one of Nero’s concubines. This did not stop Athos from making love to her behind his back, however (Which, given the size of Nero, isn’t that hard). Athos hoped to one day take Seline away from Nero’s clutches.

The day of combat has finally come! The first few matches were nice and manly affairs, but what the audience wanted to see was the main event. The time soon came when the two finest Gladiators in Rome fought to the death. To merely say that it was a fight of epic proportions would not do it justice. There was no trickery here, just two muscular men fighting it out with their swords. In the end, Athos was able to cut off Nikos’ arm. In the stands, Nero gives the thumbs down, ordering Athos to finish him. “I’m sorry, my friend.” Athos says regrettably, as he decapitates his friend. Before the deed was done, Nikos appeared calm, as if he was telling Athos, “No, don’t be.”

Afterwards, while the crowds were cheering, some soldiers came to collect Nikos’ corpse, including his head and arm. Regrettably, Athos prepared for the feast. A few hours later, Athos came to the castle cleaned up after a hard fight. While he had fought before, his fight with Nikos was perhaps the hardest, physically and emotionally. Athos came to the dining hall, where all that were there cheered him. Among them were Seline and Emperor Nero, himself. “Come, champion!” Nero says. “Sit, so that the feast can begin!”

Athos is used to these feasts. After all, they serve the same similar meat. The kind of meat that one might consider nice and lean. Quite a few people come to these feasts, and there’s usually meat for everyone. Athos didn’t find anything odd in this feast as well, until he felt something hard open his mouth. He took it out to see what it was. It was a ring. After cleaning it off a little it became abundantly clear that the ring was encrusted with an Opal. Strange. This is similar to the ring Nikos showed me earlier! Very similar! Then he realized a disturbing thought.

He thought of his fellow Gladiators. Those who were slain for the amusement of the masses. There were some characteristics that made them different, but the thing that could be said of all of them was that they were all quite muscular. Not as muscular as Athos, but then again who is? There is also another phrase that they could be considered: Nice and Lean. By Jupiter’s Beard! Athos thought. Could it be that all this time, the meat for these feasts were fallen Gladiators?! It was all coming together in Athos’ mind (The strongest of all his muscles). The mere thought that Nikos died so he would be nourishment for Nero infuriated him. In a rage, Athos stands up, flexes, and yells, “NEROOOOOOOOO!!”

Nero turns his neck of fat towards Athos. “What is the meaning of this?!” Screamed Athos. “Whatever do you mean, Sir?” Nero exclaims. “Am I right to say that all these feasts, we have been eating my fellow Gladiators?!” “Oh, of course!” Nero exclaims, sounding proud of himself. “What did you think we were going to eat, the Christians?” Nero chuckles. He looks around, wondering why no one else is laughing with him. The other guests appear horrified, as if they were as disgusted, if not more, as Athos. Nero gets up and grabs a sword. “It appears that I am still hungry, Sir Athos! And might I add, you look rather tasty!” Nero slowly charges towards Athos. Athos and his muscles disarm him, and stabs Nero with his own sword, killing him. The other feast guests run away in terror. Some guards come up to see what has happened. When it was obvious what took place, the guards all bow and yell, “Hail, Athos Caesar!” After they leave, Athos decapitates Nero’s corpse, and smashes his head on the table. He treats on some of Nero’s brain. His curiosity sated, he understood why the undead preferred eating them.

Soon after, Athos comes to Seline’s quarters. While she was disgusted by what took place, she had no love for Nero. “However, I believe Nero was right about one thing.” Said Seline. “You do look rather tasty.” They made love soon afterwards. During their session, Athos discovers Seline wearing a similar ring to the one Nikos had. “Forgive me my love.” Remarks Athos. “The man I killed in the Coliseum was your brother.” “And I am sure he is smiling at us both from above, darling.” Seline remarks. Afterwards, the two of them pay their respects to the fallen Gladiators, including Nikos. May you rest with the gods, old friend. Athos thought, remembering Nikos. From that day on, Athos and Seline would lead Rome into an age of Prosperity. Though after Nero’s death, the Living Dead seemed to disappear.

Meanwhile, in the Underworld, Nero finds himself as its newest addition. “Where am I?” He speaks. “You are in my domain!” Says a dark figure. It is none other than Hades himself. “I sent my undead armies to go after you, Nero! They are quite mindless, so they attacked everything and everyone and everything, but they are quite effective!” Hades explains. “Fortunately, Athos did the deed quite well!” Nero was suddenly surrounded by many figures. He recognized them as former morsels that he himself have eaten. “Now, I have quite a few souls who are quite hungry, and who am I to deny them a good meal?” Hades exclaims, with a smirk on his face. “FEEDING TIME!” As the souls charge towards Nero, he could only yell, “NO, NO, NOOOOOOOOO!!!!” as they rip into Nero’s fatty flesh. They cannibalize him like wild animals.

And then….
…silence!

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Interprompt: Build a World in 500 words or less.

The man called M fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Oct 19, 2021

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Am I foolish enough to enter after I just lost?

The answer is yes.

In.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Grandpa of the Light
1495 words

“She’s gone. My Wife is gone.”
This very thought hit James Maxwell for the first time in sixty years. He always thought he would always have Nancy, but he was just fooling herself. That’s how things go, I guess. One or the other. Not both. James thought. He has heard of his fellow seniors suffering from loneliness, how they eventually went mad until their death. That is, if they died of natural causes. Is this how I’m going to spend the rest of my life?

Alone?

After the funeral, James met with his friends and family. For the most part, they reminisced about Nancy, while James was asked time and time again if he was okay. And time and time again, he had to lie and say that he was. Yes, he lost the love of his life. Yes, he missed her dearly. But for James, the most pressing concern he had was: What the hell do I do now? While eating at a local restaurant, one of his grandsons pulled him aside.

“Excuse me, Grandpa.” Said the grandson, whose name was Chad, “I heard of some things about Old People being lonely, and I think I might have an idea.”

“Oh?” Said James. “And what might that be?”

“Perhaps you can join me and Dave in this MMO I am playing?”

“The Blazes is an MMO?”

“It’s the kind of game where many people play at the same time and interact with each other!”

“Oh? And what is this game you speak of?”

“It’s called Azorian Legends, it’s really cool!” James could see the glimmer in his eyes when Chad talked about the game. He mentioned that he, Dave, and their friends are part of a guild called the Wombats. Chad heard from his friends in the guild about how old people can be quite lonely, so some of them (James figured that it might have been a joke) suggested inviting him to the game. Bless his heart. Thought James. He figured that if folks like Chad and Dave could find friends there, perhaps he won’t be so lonely.
“Alright, I think I’ll install it on that computer your dad game me for Christmas.” James said. Chad looked surprised at James’ response. He soon after went back to their family. Bill, their dad, figured that James would need to figure out his taxes ‘the modern way’, so he game James and Nancy a PC for Christmas. Admittedly, Nancy was the one who mostly used it. Might as well make sure it doesn’t gather dust. James thought.

After what seemed like forever, James first logged into Azorian Legends later that day. After calling Chad and asking what server they were on, James went and created his character. He created a Gunslinger Dwarf by the name of Olde Fella. He remembered hearing of how Dwarves were bearded drunks who got into fights a lot. My kind of guys. Thought James. He explored the tutorial, and while at first, he had trouble, he eventually got the hang of things. Through Chad and Dave James learned about the most basic types of units. The self-explanatory healers and damage dealers, and the tanks. The tanks were the ones that makes sure no one gets hurt, and if they screw up, that’s what the healer is for. “Are healers supposed to do damage as well?” James asked the boys through audio chat.

“Yeah, but don’t tell them that.” Dave said.

“Heh. Reminds me of your mother.” All three of them laugh. It was through this first play session that James started to bond with his grandsons. Looking back, it was the best moment of each of their lives.

Little did Chad and Dave know; James spent some time in Azoria by himself. It was there that he further explored what the world had to offer. When James talked to his real-life friends, he would indirectly tell others of his time there by saying stuff that was technically true. For example, there was a time when he fought monsters that looked like cabbages.

“Did some gardening.”

There was also a time when he was part of a role play where he went to a Bar and chatted with the denizens.

“Had a pint with the lads.”

He also bore witness to what was known as “Erotic Role Play” and laughed, realizing that those that do it here didn’t know a drat thing about sex.

“Laughed at some awful Teen Comedy.”

James wanted to fully explore the world of Azoria, even the parts that were not handled by those who created the game. What he found was quite fascinating, and more. He even did some exploring in dungeons with fellow Wombats. Nonetheless, he also spent time to play with Chad and Dave as well.

One day, James received a call from Dave. The Wombats needed help in a certain raid that the guild was having trouble with. The main challenge came from the raid’s final boss, ‘Ragfrit, the Primal Fire’. James hadn’t been in a raid before, but he also knew that he would never abandon his family. “I’ll be right there.” James said, as he searched for info on Ragfrit online. Years ago, Bill showed him and Nancy how to use the internet. If anyone told James that he was going to use it to find info on an MMO, he would have found them mad.

Later, The Wombats, James among them, went into the raid. They fought through all the trash mobs and mid-bosses until Ragfrit himself. James then explained through the voice chat what he found online about their fiery foe. He spoke to them in a manner of an army commander briefing on a mission, calmly, but effectively. He told them what the tank needed to do, as well as the healers and the damage dealers. After James’ explanation, everyone knew what to do. During the fight, James barked out orders like a drill sergeant. By then, James was a fully respected member of the Wombats, and he considered him as much as their grandpa as Chad and Dave. They were all determined not to let him down.

After their fiery foe had fallen. The Wombats Guild Leader congratulated everyone and gave the honor of James to pass out the loot. When they came to the mount, every member of the Wombats agreed that James should have it, since it was thanks to him that they won. James felt like he was part of something great, like when he led men back in Vietnam. The major difference was that the Wombats were more organized, and the cause was worth something. The Wombats knew that Rafrit was but one foe, and that there were many more to come. The Wombats expressed that they would depend on James for the next raid. Nonetheless, James and the Wombats would continue their adventures for many more times to come.

Years had passed. Azorian Legends was still around but was past it’s prime (The fate of many MMOS.). On the game’s official forum, the following post was made:

“Hello! My name is Chad Davidson. Me and my brother Dave were part of the guild Wombats along with my grandpa. Well, unfortunately, my grandpa passed away recently from cancer. He told the family before he died about his time with the game, and how he found it to be the best times of his life after grandma passed away. He also talked about his experiences in the game when Dave and I weren’t online, including ERP! (It was never too serious, plus he mentioned that those that did it knew nothing about sex.) He mentioned that, while he cherished his time in Azoria, he also cherished us much more. Do any of you remember him? He was known as Olde Fella in game. Thanks for the help!”

Soon after, posts remembering him began flowing in:

“loving. Legend.”

“He was like the grandpa I never knew!”

“Major part of the Wombats!!!”

“Kindest person I ever met! T_T”

“He ain’t dead, he just faded away!!!”

Chad showed the thread to the family. They were in tears over how loved he was in the game. They saw that James truly made an impact on the world of Azoria.
Later on it was decided that a memorial would be held by him in game. Chad and Dave logged on to their characters for the first time in years. When they went to the meeting spot, they were amazed at how many people were there. Former and current Wombats, along with many others James met during his times in Azoria. Their parents saw the memorial and were in tears throughout. They knew of James Maxwell: father, grandfather, husband. But they now knew of Olde Mann: Champion of the Light, Member of the guild Wombats, player of Azorian legends. They saw that he was many things, but they were truly happy that there was one thing he was not.

Alone.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

In. Flash me to hell.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Apologies for the lateness! Got distracted by Giant Robots. As you will.

I promised crits for last week (At first with the exception of mine, but it was suggested I do mine as well.) and here they are! Here are:
Crits from a normal person

Grandpa of the Light-Me

Probably one of my best works on the ‘dome. I know I didn’t try to push how far a “double life” is. (Maybe that’s why I didn’t get anything this week?) EDIT: This crit was written before I saw Chernobyl Princess' Crit.

The Right Hand Lies-Albatrossy_Rodent

Yeah, this one deserved the loss. I know both the winner and loser really pushed what a double life is, but while Yoruchi’s was at least inspirational, yours was all “What if Harvey Dent was a Michigan State fan?”

The Ladder-My Shark Waifuu
Okay, now we’re talking! This is pretty much what I was expecting the other stories to be like. I kinda liked it! It was the kind of story that makes the reader want some more afterwards.

Mr. Tlacuzatin-ChickenOfTomorrow

Ah yes, hopping on to the big Hollywood trend, badass women! Not that this is a bad thing (which in this case, it is most certainly not. It seems better since I don’t think anyone would read the story and say that Chicken is “pandering to SJW’s” or whatever the hell.

Storm Eye Blind-Sitting Here

Huh. So that’s what The Scorpions meant by “Rock you like a Hurricane”. Nonetheless, I’ve been amazed at how you guys can post something out of their rear end, and it isn’t poo poo. While it does somewhat show that it was done in a few hours or less, it is still a good story. Though what loving a tornado has to do with a double life, I don’t know.

The Chew- Carl Killer Miller

Another action-packed story! Seems like a good action flick! Though I disagree with J.A.B.C. about it being a Nicholas Cage Movie. It’s a least a Dwayne Johnson one, for sure.

What Really Happened-Rohan

This seemed to me less of a “Double Life” and more of a “Man getting Big Break in Hollywood”. It still works, mind you. Still, it shows how harsh Hollywood can be.

Persona Detective-Captain_Indigo

First of all, the disclaimer at the beginning, did it need to be in the story itself? Second of all, I see what you meant with the disclaimer, since it’s more a stalker story. Quite the thriller!
Escape-Thranguy

Short and to the point. I can see this as the first episode of a phantasy tv series. Reminds me of The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. Not bad!

Disasembling- Yoruichi

I hate to admit, but at first after reading it I thought, “Why did she win?” But looking back, I can see that it is quite the inspirational story! Yours is “I get knocked down, but I get up again!” While Rodent’s is, “Pissing the night away.”

Via Shaboople-Azza Bamboo

While many of the stories had me wanting more, this one made me think, “Wait, that’s it?” Even somebody like me can tell this story seemed off.

The man called M fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Oct 30, 2021

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Lego Set: Pirates of Barracuda Bay
Suddenly....A Dinosaur popped out!

From the Logs of James “Redbeard” Shaw: July 27, 1874
652 Words

You can read this log as a tale of pirates because that’s what it is. Me and my crew were out on a voyage of the Caribbean. We were off to Fort Henry, a British held port, since the Queen’s cronies decided it was a good idea to have kidnapped one of my crew. When word got out that my crewwoman Robin got herself kidnapped, we set sail as soon as we could.

Us being pirates, we decided to enter the pirate way. That is, with cannons. The Brits had cannons of their own, so it wasn’t smooth sailing there. Eventually, we found a way to dock. Me and my lover Lady Anchor went out ahead, guns a blazing. Letting those who told of Robin’s location alive, as a thank you for their service. It was in the dungeon area that we found Robin. After rescuing her, I leave a note for Queen Vic, herself. “If you go after my crew again, you will be next”.

Afterwards, we returned to Barracuda Bay, with our entire crew intact. I went and had a pint with the lads, enjoying a successful voyage. During the raid at the fort, we went and robbed it clean. A good haul and saving Robin. It’s what we pirates call a good day. Afterward, Me and Anchor went and made love. Oh yes, a good day!

The next day, we went and pillaged a French fort close by. Nobody was kidnapped this time, but pillaging is just what we pirates do best. During the voyage, Robin felt a little dizzy.

“I’m fine, Captain!” she would tell me.

“Like hell! Go into the quarters to rest.” I told her. In my opinion my crew was not only a ragtag bunch of idiots, but a ragtag bunch of idiots I was proud to consider a family. I would be damned if any of my family were too sick to do their job. After we got things done, we headed back to the Bay, and I sent Robin over to our doctor.

I stayed around in the waiting area, along with Anchor and Robin’s fellow crewman Jack Doubloons. The rest of the crew figured that he and Robin were more than just friends, but Jack embarrassingly keeps saying otherwise. Anchor once told him that it was the sign of a true virgin.
“Don’t sweat it, Jack!” I once told him.

“How come, Captain?”

“Once you become a real man, Robin will fall head over heels for you!”

“I swear, it’s not like that!” He would tell me.

The crew loved teasing him. Perhaps he was considered the younger brother of the crew?

A few hours later, our doctor came out. Turns out Robin was pregnant! When word came out, most of the crew congratulated Jack. Jack seemed rather shocked, as if he knew that he wasn’t the one who did the deed. A few hours later, we were informed that Robin’s baby was ready to come out. I wondered, was it a boy or a girl? I was there for the birth and saw that Robin’s baby was…

…a dinosaur?

The hell?

We were all confused. After all, who the hell gave birth to a dinosaur before (Other than other Dinosaurs)? I looked up one of the books in my study. Turns out, Robin gave birth to a Tyrannosaurus Rex. At first, I wondered if I drank too much Booze. But it turns out, Robin actually gave birth to a blooming T Rex!
Later, we found out why that was the case. Robin was impregnated by the British, but not in the way we expected. The Brits were injecting people with bone marrow from fossils. And the result was shown to us through Robin’s ‘baby’. Jack offered to be his father, while I thought to myself, “A dinosaur in my crew. Awesome!” Perhaps, this was one of my strangest experiences in Piracy.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

In

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

This is Bill. Bill was a recent customer for chemtrials.com.

Where did you first hear of chemtrials.com?

Well, it all started when I went over to my daughter Jo’s school to pick her up. Before I took her home, her teacher pulled me aside and told me of a problem she had. She had been constantly scratching at her throat. At first, she didn’t take notice of it, but when her teacher saw her scratch more and more often, and it started to worry her. I heard scratching noises all the way home. When she later said stuff like, “Daddy, it hurts!” I knew I had to do something. So, I went to the doctor. He said she had something called Christophascia, the kind of itching caused by sore throats. The doctor warned me that if it wasn’t treated, she might scratch hard enough to pierce the skin and, well…you can probably guess what happens next.

The doctor then told you about us, correct?

Not at first, but after he saw that I would do anything to help my little girl, he told me about it. But he warned me that some of the stuff they sell aren’t FDA-approved yet. He also warned me that there isn’t any ‘legal stuff’ that could help Jo, so he told me about you guys.

What medicine did you get?

Well, am I allowed to mention it?

If you can’t, we will censor it in the ad. Feel free to mention it!

Okay. It was something called [REDACTED]. It apparently has some kind of side effect of giving birth to a dinosaur, but at that time, I was desperate to try anything, even if it meant getting a dino grandchild.

Did it work?

Oh, most certainly! Jo rarely, if ever, scratches her neck anymore! Sure, she has some dinosaur DNA in her now, but at least she seems to be living like a normal girl again. And I have you guys to thank for it. Thank you!

Bill is one of many proud customers who purchased a trial from chemtrials.com. At chemtrials.com, we only prepare clinical trials that are ready to be tested on humans. For more information, go to chemtrials.com. Chemtrials.com: Saving lives, no matter the cost.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Crap, I forgot the title. Whoever's editing, please add:

Chemtrials.com Testemonial Interview #133769
374 words

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

In.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Molly Jo
431 Words
Broken Rule: Your protagonist must change.

Molly Jo was born somewhere, somehow. Nobody cared about her, why should anyone care about where she was born? She had the average parents, living the average childhood. Nothing too special. She had the childhood dreams, like when she told her class at school that she wanted to give birth to a dinosaur. She mentioned it for three weeks. Each week, she would be told that dream was impossible.

Nothing’s changed.

Molly Jo had average high school days. She had average high school moments. Average high school memories. No one truly noticed her. Some weren’t even aware she even went to the same school with her. She was just that unnoticeable.

Nothing’s changed.

Molly Jo live an average life. She had an average job, in an average neighborhood. There are times when she went to men of the night, not for love, but to try to feel something, anything. But alas, she felt nothing, because she is nothing.

Nothing’s changed.

Molly Jo had your average depression. She wanted something more, but she was unable to find it. Later on, she would go sleep in a dumpster, where she would die. While her body was found, no one could identify her. After all, how can you identify anyone who barely existed?

Nothing’s Changed.

.degnahC s’gnihtoN

?detsixe ylerab ohw enoyna yfitnedi uoy nac woh ,lla retfA .reh yfitnedi dluoc eno on ,dnuof saw ydob reh elihW .eid dluow ehs erehw ,retspmud a ni peels og dluow ehs ,no retaL .ti dnif ot elbanu saw ehs tub ,erom gnihtemos detnaw ehS .noisserped egareva ruoy dah oJ ylloM

.degnahc s’gnihtoN

.gnihton si ehs esuaceb ,gnihton tlef ehs ,sala tuB .gnihtyna ,gnihtemos leef ot yrt ot tub ,evol rof ton ,thgin eht fo nem ot tnew ehs nehw semit era erehT .doohrobhgien egareva na ni ,boj egareva na dah ehS .efil egareva na evil oJ ylloM

.degnahc s’gnihtoN

.elbaecitonnu taht tsuj saw ehS .reh htiw loohcs emas eht ot tnew neve ehs erawa neve t’nerew emoS .reh deciton ylurt eno oN .seiromem loohcs hgih egarevA .stnemom loohcs hgih egareva dah ehS .syad loohcs hgih egareva dah oJ ylloM

.degnahc s’gnihtoN

.elbissopmi saw maerd taht dlot eb dluow ehs ,keew hcaE .skeew eerht rof ti denoitnem ehS .ruasonid a ot htrib evig ot detnaw ehs taht loohcs ta ssalc reh dlot ehs nehw ekil ,smaerd doohdlihc eht dah ehS .laiceps oot gnihtoN .doohdlihc egareva eht gnivil ,stnerap egareva eht dah ehS ?nrob saw ehs erehw tuoba erac enoyna dluohs yhw ,reh tuoba derac ydoboN .wohemos ,erehwemos nrob saw oJ ylloM

“It’s a girl.”

And still, nothing's changed.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

I'm in. Since some of you consider my stories offensive, I guess I'm that.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Offense Position: Right Guard
Memoirs of a Shadow
556 Words

My son,

If you are reading this letter, then I am already dead. If that is indeed the case, then there is something I need to get off my back, especially to you.
As you may already know, I have been working in the royal palace for many years, as an advisor to the king. What you may not know is that I was more than just a mere advisor. I have been working in the shadows to help protect him. Sure, he had his soldiers, but they were the first line of defense. I was the last. It was a position so secret that the only way anyone could know about it is if I screwed up.

If this job of mine is a surprise to you, then let it be known that I never screwed up.

During times where there was not any war (one could never truly call it “peacetime”), I would be a sort of assassin for the king, killing any and all enemies we both figured would be a threat to the kingdom. At wartime, I was the king’s closest ally. In the battlefield, my son, it is essential that you have comrades that are willing to pull together so that they can all be alive by the day’s end. But if absolutely necessary, they also need to be willing to die for each other. Luckily, the king was a strategic mastermind, so it was never absolutely necessary. The battles waged on, and after the war was over, both the king and I could consider each other their closest ally and friend.

There are many who would consider me a humble man. They may be right. There have been times that the king has considered me for knighthood. I never wanted the fame and glory that came with the title. I already have you and your mother, why do I need glory and riches? (To be fair, I did receive some riches. After all, you and your mother needed to be fed.) The king has expressed gratitude for what I done, and at times wished that my story could be told. But I always told him that if anyone should receive glory on the battlefield, it should be our lord commander. It is the kings and commanders that receive eternal glory in the battlefield. Such as it should be. While there are those who would sing songs praising the king, I have found glory in being an ‘unsung’ hero.

If you wish to serve the current king in the same way I have, you can go to the front gate and tell the guard, “Dinosaur Pregnancies” (Don’t ask. It was a joke from long ago that the king found funny.) If you do not, I find no shame at you deciding to do so. Every man has a right to live a happy and fulfilling life. But whatever choice you make may this be known: everything I did for the king, I did twice more for you and your mother. That was the main reason why I fought, so that you and your mother could live in peace. My only regret in life was that I never seen you grow as a man. Whatever you choose to do, know that I will be proud of you, always.

Sincerely,

Your Lord Father

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

In. I’d like FC Moog to give me choices.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Mr Moog, (is it okay if I call you that?) I would like Riding on the Metro, please.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Love Peace and Hasslehoff
1118 Words
Song: The Metro By Berlin
The sun was shining one fateful day in East Berlin in 1986. Emma Gelb was dancing around in her room, listening to her idol, David Hasslehoff. She was perhaps his biggest fan in East Germany ever since he first became popular a year ago. In her eyes, while the Aryan was the German ideal in the days of Hitler, in the 80’s that title belonged to Hasslehoff. Sure, he may have been American, but Emma did not care. It would come to no surprise that she owned a copy of the poster of the Hoff wearing nothing but a leather jacket and a Speedo. She hung it on her door and considered it her prized possession.

The national radio station held a contest where the winner would go to the Hasslehoff concert in Paris. Naturally, Emma decided to enter. Normally, Emma’s parents would be against all things Capitalism, but every German, East and West, stood united on one thing: David Hasslehoff is the best thing to happen to all of Germany. When the day the winner was announced came, Emma was ecstatic to hear the words,

“And the winner is: Emma Gelb from East Berlin!” Emma frantically told her parents, who congratulated her as if she got into one of the top schools in East Berlin. They agreed that to get to the concert, Emma would fly to London, and take the Metro to Paris.

The flight to London was mostly uneventful, Emma was able to get to the airport on time and got to London on time. She used what little English she knew to get a cab over to the London Metro Station. While at the metro, some unsavory types went up to her.

“Ello luv! Fancy a shag?” One of them said in English. She had no idea what they were saying, but from their tone of voice and gestures, she knew they were threatening. She slowly backed away, but the unsavory types came closer. Soon after, a man in a uniform stopped by them.

“I believe the lady wants you to back off. Or is this how things are with the so-called ‘British Gentlemen’?” he said, with somewhat of a German accent.

“Shove off, ya bloody Kraut!” one of the thugs said, and they backed off. Afterwards, the soldier went to Emma.

“Geht es dir guht?” the man asked Emma. Emma was happy to hear another German. Especially one who was quite handsome. Sure, he was no Hasslehoff, but he was close enough, and in this case, close enough was still quite handsome.

“I’m fine.” Emma responded in German. She was still amazed that such a handsome man was able to save her. The thought made her quite winded.
While on the metro the man introduced himself. His name was Henrik, and he was a member of the West German Army. He took leave to see the same concert Emma was going to.

“Oh, shall we go together?” Emma asked, wondering if it would be wise to go with a complete stranger. A handsome stranger, but a stranger, nonetheless.
“It seems obvious a girl like you might need protection. And what soldier would I be if I can’t even protect one woman?” Henrik replied. While his response seemed offensive to Emma at first, she did realize that if he wasn’t there, those ruffians would have their way with her. Plus, unlike those ruffians, Henrik did have some noble charm.

When they got to Paris, they were a few hours early. Since they had plenty of time before the concert, they took a walk along the Seine River. There, they talked about their lives on each side of Germany. They mentioned how the Berlin Wall made things inconvenient at best, and hostile at worst. For example, Emma mentioned her uncle that she has never met, and Henrik mentioned family that are inconvenienced due to the Wall. They have told of other people who had to take a long trip to get to the other side just so they could go to family that would be across the street otherwise. They showed each other a glimpse of the other’s Germany and saw that not only were they mostly the same, but there were many Germans on each side that desired one thing: Unification. Later, they heard a clock chime that it was 5:30. Since the concert started at 6, they hurried to the venue.
The concert was a blast, as expected. Hasslehoff performed well, even though there were more Germans in the audience than native French. Still, it was a sold-out crowd, and to a pure-blooded German, A Hasslehoff concert that was not sold out was unacceptable. Yes, there were perhaps more Germans in Paris than the times of Hitler, but this was for love, peace, and Hasslehoff.

While Emma and Henrik went back to the metro, they talked about the concert the whole way. Like any German, they were both fans of the Hoff, and their discussions showed that. But alas, all good things must come to an end. When they got to the London Airport, they said their goodbyes and looked at each other fondly. Soon after, perhaps in some sort of burst of passion they both had, they kissed. They each apologized soon after, both extremely flustered. But one question crossed Emma’s mind.

“Will I ever see you again?”

“Perhaps.” Henrik said, “If the people truly want a United Germany, that day may come sooner than you think.” Emma kept those words close to her heart, as she said her goodbyes to Henrik. She now had another man in her life, one that she can say belonged to her. Unlike David Hasslehoff, who belonged to all of Germany. Speaking of all of Germany, she awaited the day that Germany would be reunited once again.

That day would come three years later. It is now 1989. The clutches of Communism have begun to loosen. It was announced that the Berlin Wall would be dismantled, but many Germans came and started the job a little early. One such German was Emma Gelb. Germans East and West celebrated the fact that they were no longer identified by East and West. They were all now simply German. Emma saw some soldiers close by and asked if Henrik was there. Fortunately, some of the soldiers that were there were West German and knew Henrik, so they took Emma to him. As soon as they saw each other they kissed. They stayed close to the wall to see a new beginning for Germany.

While most came for the fall of the Berlin Wall, the fact that it had perhaps the greatest David Hasselhoff concert ever helped a lot.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

In.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

crabrock posted:

an orb you can live in floating above the forest floor? well now i've seen everything!
Wizards, they're just like you!
583 Words

‘Ello my lovelies! Welcome to the Muggle’s favorite look into the Wizardry World: Wizards, They’re Just Like You! I’m your host, Paparazzi Wizard Demos! As usual, with my size changing traveling orb (That’s supposedly a resort as well, I was drunk at the time), we will explore the world of wizardry, and show how similar us wizards are to you muggles! Without further ado, let’s go!

*pew*

Here we are in the land of Azoria! Where Jasper Willybobbom, the Wizard of Odds, is walking his Cerberus! A Cerberus is, of course, a three headed dog from the pits of hell! Say hello for the readers, boy!

I WILL FEED ON YOUR SOUL

Good dog! Perhaps your master might use a tree to play fetch with you later! Moving on...

*pew*

Next is the Forest Mage Greendo, who is watering his garden! Legend has it that he is trying to grow a plant that can reach its way up to the Sun, so he can use it as a weapon of mass destruction! Even wizards have hobbies! I heard that if you talk to plants, it can help them grow better! Hello Mister Plant!

“KiLl Me!”

Ha ha ha! Those plants sure are quite the jokers! What about this plant?

“EdWaRd…”

Oh, you! Moving on…

*pew*

Next, we explore the workplace of Rose Mage Guinevere, who just so happens to be my wife! She’s out doing friendly things with another woman, you know, womanly things! Surely, they are on a business trip! Oh? The meeting is over, and they kissed each other! Silly women! They do that all the time! Moving on…

*pew*

Here we have Jimmy Kacsllab, son of famed wizard Harry Kacsllab, shopping for a wand, the most essential item for beginner mages! Perhaps he will get a Giorgio Armani? Why don’t we ask him! Hey Jimmy, what kind of wand did you get?

“A regular one, I guess?”

Smashing! Or as the kids say, based! Like his father, Jimmy is destined for greatness! Moving on…

*pew*

And here we are at the garden of the young prince Timothy, who was recently turned to a beast! Here he is tending to his rose garden! Watch out, your majesty, one of those roses might eat you for some reason! Speaking of roses, I miss my wife! I wonder how she is doing.

*pew*

Here is my home, where I live with my wife, who is sleeping in her bed with…the woman from earlier? The hell?! I should see what is going on!

“Gwen, love. What are you doing?!”

“It’s over, Demos! I found someone who could really love me!”

“But… a woman??”

“Yes, a woman! You were such a poo poo husband that I lost my taste in men!”

“I thought you loved me…”

“I did, and that was the biggest mistake of my life! Now get out!”

Here we have, Demos the Paparazzi Wizard. He’s just like you. He loved, and now lost. Not only his woman, but his reason for living. And you know about those guys, they get what they loving deserve!

Editors Note: We of Wizard Us Magazine would like to apologize to our regular readers. Soon after he wrote this article, Demos shot himself in the head. Our staff has decided to publish Demos’ last article to show the reader just how troubled of a man he was. Proceeds from the sale of this Issue of Wizard Us Magazine will go to the Wizardry Suicide Hotline in his memory.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

I write, I Die, I write again. In.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

The Queen of Denmark:Your story must either take its title from a track on John Grant's album "The Queen of Denmark" (+100 words) OR be recognisably inspired by a song from said album (+400 words).
Word Limit Total: 800
It's Easier
800 Words

Miami. If you hear about any Florida man doing stupid poo poo, he’s probably from here. While action happening in Miami is cliché as all hell, the truth is, poo poo happens here. It’s kind of like the Nazis. They were cliché villains, but they existed, and were that evil. In my 30 years in the Coast Guard, I’ve seen it all. From drug busts to cats in palm trees. From rapes to weddings. Well, it is the 80’s, people are doing lots of coke and voting for Ronald Reagan. In Miami, they send folks like me for the former.

Recently, I have been training some of the newer members of the Coast Guard. While many of them were good people, one recruit I had a particular bond with. Seaman Recruit Jake Aguilar was a young punk who didn’t know what the hell to do with his life. At first, he was insubordinate as all hell. I would get to his face all the time. Then I started to get to know him. I thought I lived in a broken home, but when I heard Jake talk about his life, most of the time I responded with,

“loving hell.”

It was through each of us knowing each other that we started to bond. Jake has told me many times that I was the ‘Hermano” that he never had. He knew I felt the same way, as well. Afterwards, Jake became one of the tops of his class. Maybe it was because he had something he was fighting for.

Months passed since I last seen Jake. I was out patrolling the beaches (While many joined the Coast Guard to legally be perverts, I never bothered to stoop that low), and everything seemed to be fine. A little while later, I noticed some shady characters talking to each other. Curious, I ran to the area, attempting to not be seen. Coming closer, I heard a particular conversation:

“Ey, Hermano! You got the goods?”

“Right here chico! Pure Columbian Coc-I mean, Coffee!”

Drug traders try to be ambiguous, so they usually use code words to make deals in case anyone is listening. Naturally, said code words have been mostly deciphered.
“Where’s the deal happening, man?”

“Over by the Big Fish!”

“Alright, see you there!”

The Big Fish is what they call Dolphin Stadium, so I got my car and headed over there.

A few minutes later, I saw where the deal was taking place, so I took cover. The deal was done by folks working for drug kingpin Jackie “The Goose” Cabron and was done in a shadowy place. I took notice of those making the deal and was surprised to see a familiar face.

“Jake...?” I whispered, so I wouldn’t draw attention. What the hell is he doing here? I knew The Goose had a far reach in Miami, but he got to Jake, as well? Before the deal was made, I quickly get out of my hiding spot and yell,

“Cost Guard, hands in the air!”

The person who was with Jake grew mad.

“poo poo, man! I thought this would be fuzz free!”

He ran off, leaving Jake and me with the cocaine.

“Lieutenant Davis? What the hell are you doing here?”

“I was about to ask you the same thing, ‘Hermano’! Why the hell is a Coast Guard working with The Goose?!” I point my gun towards him while speaking, he does the same with his.

“Don’t you dare give me that Coast Guard bull! I never cared about the Guard! I mainly cared about you! Where the hell were you after I left?!”

“I thought the Guard would take care of you afterwards!”

“Well, they sure did a poo poo job! Tell me, do you believe in the Guard, or in me?”

I hesitated; my mind was going into a million places at once. For once in my life, I couldn’t really give an answer to Jake.

“WHY THE gently caress ARE YOU HESITATING?!” Jake yelled, looking about ready to fire. In an act of complete desperation, I fired at Jake. He fell to the ground. I fell on my knees, horrified by what I have done.

“GOD drat IT! YOU STUPID SON OF A BITCH!” I yelled. “THIS IS THE KIND OF poo poo THAT COCAINE DOES TO PEOPLE! PUT BROTHER AGAINST BROTHER!”

“Well, what are you waiting for?” Jake said softly, “Finish the job, or The Goose will finish it for you.” I step closer to Jake, grab his hand, and with my other hand, I pull the trigger.

“I’m sorry.”

Afterwards, I went over to the nearest bar, so I could try to forget all this happened. They say in training that it gets easier to kill people. I had to learn the hard way that it isn’t always the case.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

In.
Using a real news article about Police Brutality, write something that makes the police sympathetic.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

it turns out aliens exist and they've been trying to communicate to us via crossword puzzles/milk cartons/math rock and they are getting increasingly frustrated that we're not getting it and are now resorting to increasingly desperate measures to get our attention

They are made of stupid
428 Words

“Hey, Phil?”

“Yeah, Gene?”

“I think the people of this planet are made of stupid.”

“Oh, really, you think?!”

*Months earlier*

“Does this look like a good planet to land on, Phil?”

“Yeah, Gene. Just make sure there’s some intelligent life on this planet”

“Alright. How should we make contact?”

“Don’t want to scare them… How about we tell them about our AAA Tower!”

“Okay, smart guy. How do we do that?”

“Use our camera to zoom in… and there! Let’s use whatever that person is reading!”

“Perfect!”

*Hours Later*

“Why didn’t that work?!”

“Let me check… Apparently, there’s a AAA Tow-er in this planet!”

“So, they think it’s a play on words?!”

“Apparently!”

“Well, crap.”

“Plus, the book that we scanned, is a freaking puzzle book!”

“Son of a… okay, how about we show a picture of one of our kind.”

“You sure? These folks look like us!”

“Trust me, what could possibly go wrong?”

*Moments Later*

“Everything went wrong!”

“Where did you put the picture?”

“On that one box with the white substance! I didn’t know he looked like a missing child from some place called ‘Oregon’!”

“Well, at least the child was found!”

“Yeah, but that’s beside the point! We have still not yet made contact!”

“Okay, how about a cultural exchange! They’ll hear some music, and wonder what it is, then we come out and share the joys of the planet!”

“You sure? It’s kind of fast…”

“Relax, everything is going according to plan!”

*Moments Later*

“None of this is going to plan!!”

“Why, what happened?”

“Apparently, some pricks on this planet claimed it as their own, and they play it much better!”

“What the crap?!”

“Plus, the have a name for it! ‘Math Rock’!”

“It’s got nothing to do with math!”

“I know, right??”

“Fine, I’ll personally put a message on this wall, if they don’t know we want to contact them by then, they are officially made of stupid!”

“Is it in a language they understand?”

“I sure as gently caress hope so!”

*Present Time*

“Hey, Phil?"

“Yeah, Gene?”

“I think the people of this planet are made of stupid.”

“Oh, really, you think?!”

“What happened to your message?”

“They painted it over!”

“Why would they do that?”

“Maybe they thought it was vandalism, I don’t know!”

“Whatever, just leave a giant statue of a middle finger, then let’s just freaking go.”

“Man, I thought for sure there was intelligent life on this planet!”

“Nope! They are made of stupid!”

Little did they know was that they were made of stupid all along…

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Interprompt: “Hello Little boy/girl/undefined, what do you want for Christmas?” 500 Words

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

In.

The wise and the foolish.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Edit: gently caress, beaten. :smith:

The man called M fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 22, 2021

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

J861. Consolation for misfortune found in food.

A Bum's Christmas
546 Words
How long has it been since I had a place I could call home? Other than the shelter, I don’t remember.

To basically pass the time I spend some time with the local bums. We light an oil drum at the local alleyway and talk for who knows how long. It’s the place you want to be if you want to spend some time with some drunk smelly assholes, especially since I’m one myself.

I was one of those poor fools who had booze destroy their life. What went from a drink with the lads turned into an obsession. All that potential wasted down the drain. Like many obsessions, I couldn’t just stop. And my life turned to poo poo because of it. Obviously, I knew I wasn’t the only guy with that problem, but I felt I was truly alone. Luckily, I met a few fellow drunk smelly assholes, and they became some of my closest friends. If we were going to suffer, then by God, we were going to suffer together.
It was at the alleyway where I found comradery, but it was the local Reverend who showed me hope. Every Tuesday night, he would stop by to give the Good Word to us. He would not only give the Word, but help us out, and make sure we were okay. I can safely say that the man was God in action. He even introduced us to the local shelter, where we could get ourselves a good night’s sleep. Which was kind of thing many of us haven’t had in years.

At first, I honestly thought that most folks find us bums to be creepy and not worth their time. But one moment in December showed me that it wasn’t always the case. Since it was your average December, it was snowing. The Reverend came over to the alleyway close to Christmas, and several people were there with him. They each had a book in their hand, and after everyone came, they huddled up in a corner, and they all opened their books. It was that time that we heard them all sing, “God Bless ye Merry Gentlemen”. They were Caroling to us. Of all the people who were perhaps more deserving, and they were Caroling to us. Sure, some of them sounded like they were not singers by trade, but what they lacked in talent, they made up with in heart. Afterwards, the Reverend wished us a Merry Christmas, and the Carolers all said Merry Christmas, as well.

Afterwards, the Carolers started to leave. I turned away, trying to get to a corner of the Alleyway. It was at that moment, that a little girl that was with the Carolers tugged on my clothes. I turned towards her, and she offered me a chocolate chip cookie.

“Merry Christmas!” The girl said, as she gave me it. I took it from her, thankful for her gift.

“Thank you, dearie! Merry Christmas!” The girl left, probably to join her parents. I took a bite of the cookie. It was delicious. Through them, I saw that perhaps there are truly good people that care about folks like us. That simple thought brought me to tears. Perhaps there are folks that do care about a bum like me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

In. Dealer’s Choice.