Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

dismas posted:

I rewatched the 1991 Addam’s Family movie at Halloween and I think it holds up pretty well. It’s funny how many nods to the Monster Rally strips there are. (Also how much they got out of Gomez and Morticia just being extremely horny for each other)

I saw the second one recently. I love how Morticia nearly always has one of those 50s(?) focus lights on her eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Holy poo poo, lol

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Slammy posted:

Patty-Jo ’n’ Ginger (April 8, 1950)

“Room with a view, they told us … phooey! All I can see, day or night, is a big brown eye!”

That's a very determined flasher.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
It's bizarre to think that there's a comic themed around its cartoonishly goth protagonist, but it's actually like a propaganda piece about how bosses are our lord and master

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

El Spamo posted:

Did this just go full circle? Is this a time warp?
What is going on?

I think that's the idea, it loops.

"Heh," I guess. Not quite the strong finish I was expecting.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

PainterofCrap posted:

Addams and Evil - 1947

Man, these are a great addition to the thread.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

This is definitely going to see some use!

FrumpleOrz posted:

The Lockhorns

Didn't immediately see the steering wheel and my mind went a dark place.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Okay, I was having some doubts but now you have my full attention once more.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Kennel posted:

While ago I had missed a payment (due to carelessness) and got a call from a collection agency. Afterwards I got a standard customer service feedback message: "Would you recommend us to your friends?"

"Oh yeah, hey buddy, stop paying your bills and a nice lady will call and ask if you need more time to handle it"

(that must be pretty depressing job if you are not a sadist)

My boss's son backed out on some package deal with a driving school, which then immediately sicced a collection agency on him. Cue my boss's wife googling them and pointing out all the one star reviews of the collection agency as proof they were thugs.

Like, sending a collection agency after someone after one day of missing payment is illegal (in the Netherlands at least) but are you really expecting positive reviews on a collection agency?

edit: I suppose people who hire them might be content. But they're going to be massively outnumbered every time.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Julet Esqu posted:

Sure, Ox. Tiff's a hip 90's teen, I'm sure she's seen the Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie.

I'm starting to wonder what time it's supposed to be, where it's pitch black but everyone appears to be doing their daily stuff.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

sweeperbravo posted:

Is Dethany* still wearing her hair up like her wedding? ... Why?

*from On the Fast Rack

Don't worry, her boss gave permission

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Kennel posted:

Man, the people who lived in the 50s were such pussies.

"There's constant pressure to create cute expressions at bridge clubs" is bizarrely specific. I think we can safely say this did not age well.

EasyEW posted:

Rip Haywire

lol, I love this.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I love those dark Addams comics. The hanging vaccuum salesman is brutal.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'm kinda touched by the face masks in Compu-toon. Good Boyce.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

manero posted:

Nancy 1946

This prick just keeps getting owned

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

I'm not a fan of the Tinkersons' art, but what is that hat on his boss supposed to be? I feel like it's a 10 gallon cowboy hat, but without a brim.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Hahaha

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

EasyEW posted:

9 "Indecipherable Gibberish That Apparently Turns Some People On" Lane

Edda: Yes, your sexy bald spot. And I love your gray hairs... your wrinkly skin... your liver spots... I'm going to start calling you Brooke, no, Honourable Master...

*sounds of a randy old pervert masturbating at his drawing desk*

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Pastry of the Year posted:

Arlo and Janis Classic (June 7, 1999)

:lol:

:drat:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

amigolupus posted:

The only lover Axa needs is the cold, mechanical arms of Mark Ten. :colbert:

:hmmyes:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

ThatGirlAtThatShow posted:

When I was young, my father took our dog out and shot it so he wouldn't 'lose' him in the divorce. He said it took him a while to think over which of us he loved more and couldn't stand to lose. He picked the dog.

This was the 70s so the cops pretty much just wagged fingers at him and told him 'somebody could have gotten hurt, next time do it in the basement'.

But I don't like, LEAD with that when telling people about my childhood, so I can kinda understand burying that.

Jesus, how horrible. My sympathies.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I'm amused that there seemed to be no reason for Axa to lose her top again. It just seemed to be gone when she was thrown into the arena, like the artist got bored of not dotting nipples.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

Okay: lol

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
There's something haunting about the desperate faces of Foob characters, coupled with nearly every strip having at least one character spreading their hands, as if to say "nothing we do matters, every day is hell"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Like a dog!

This may have been pointed out before, but Labradors are way bigger than that. Even when they're pups, they have big, thick paws and grow really fast.

Unless she's negging her own dog. *looks Dalmatian in the eye* you know what's a good type of dog? Borzoi!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

readingatwork posted:

Robbie and Bobby

(Apr 24, 2019)

That second panel would make a nice avatar.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Man, kind of a wet fart of an ending on Helen's return to the Tinkersons.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

EasyEW posted:

OH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

What the gently caress. "got the reference!" *shared smug smile* he literally said the name of the thing you loving old

Sorry, I may be getting too upset at cancercomic.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

amigolupus posted:

I remember thinking it was strange that boat dude just died unceremoniously when their boat ran into those mermen and he jumped into the ocean to try and save Axa. I don't know if he would've turned out to be an rear end in a top hat, but he probably would've been an okay companion rather than Jason.

Axa just has the incredibly unfortunate habit of shacking up with assholes.

Who gave a strangely recurring habit of ending their lines in ellipses, like smouldering dime store romance novel guys, Axa...

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

manero posted:

Nancy 1946

Comic Strips 2021: is it B I G enough for ya?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Gotta admit my first reaction was a snort of laughter

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

This one's wonderfully sinister.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Today was a good day.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

readingatwork posted:

Support Jason's Patreon (and see new My Dad is Draculas) here.

Robbie and Bobby is so good.

davidspackage fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Mar 10, 2021

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

My Lovely Horse posted:

One Big Happy: now too senile to even attempt to disguise its core tenet of "crafty grandparent completely owns lazy millenial layabout" as any kind of joke in the slightest way

Punchline: do it, serf!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Howard Beale posted:

I love this way of handling a strip transition.

Yeah, it feels very clever for its time!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

*slaps everyone's hands away from their mouse*

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

drat it, Axa, when will you learn: trust only your robot, buff hunks will never help you.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

StrixNebulosa posted:

- whiskers don't need trimming like that! they're nerve endings! ow ow ow!!!

Just attached to nerve endings, surely? They're stiff so that the sensation travels down the whisker to the nerves? Though I imagine cutting them would be very uncomfortable still. Note: I have never cut my cat's whiskers.

readingatwork posted:

Robbie and Bobby

(Jul 3, 2019)

(Jul 22, 2019)

Support Jason's Patreon (and see new My Dad is Draculas) here.

I love this drat weird comic. It uses profanity quite well, making it rare enough to surprise you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Parahexavoctal posted:

... so if I understand this correctly, Everett believes that wristwatches are so self-evidently feminine that any man wearing one should be a) addressed as 'her' , and b) beaten for doing so?

I really hope that Condo intended for this to be "look, Everett can be a piece of poo poo too".

I'm mainly puzzled on why Everett seems to think he needs to hit a woman with his umbrella. He seems to disapprove of even a woman wearing a wristwatch, cause if he wanted to ask the time, surely he'd... just... ask?

Also goddamn On The Fasttrack is awful because the boss never seems to get any comeuppance, at best Dethany just does things outside of her knowledge, like a cartoon mouse sneaking crumbs out of the kitchen.