Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
This will be the year I successfully follow the comic strip megathread and not give up about a week in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Parahexavoctal posted:

Oh, that's an interesting detail - she wishes he'd have it shaved off, not shave it off.

The bond between barber and blade is sacred, never should the two be parted for such foolishness as self-shaving.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Everything about the Kitty Korner is giving me super strong vibes. I find myself awash with Western Reserve patriotism.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
What is the climate supposed to be? Like the turtleneck/blazer combo stands apart from the sockless sneakers. Add that there are plenty of background silhouettes operating normally in green fields.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

goatface posted:

His giantism means he never stops growing and is in constant pain.

Hopefully he doesn't do the Andre the Giant self-medicating method and be constantly hosed up drunk (but he almost certainly does).

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Man, her partner is giving her nothing in this round of Talking Points, that's not going to earn any engagement points.

This is very much bullshit, as the son of a (early Gen-X) old guitar guy who did cover songs of dad rock, 90% of all band work is just dicking around in a shittily soundproof basement and smoking weed and maybe playing like three songs from the list you printed out and handed to each band member. And isn't this like still week one of this plot, is the idea that Dustinwriter wants to crank through all of the digs on garage bands before never returning to it so this is just all happening at once?

Oh man, I'm out of practice on detaching from Dustin.

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jan 8, 2021

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
:the punchline is murder:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Kennel posted:

Dustin

Maybe be more like this, Kelley.

E: gently caress mobile browser means I have to post this.

But, yeah, this is a shockingly wholesome turn for this that is actually fun and can stick in the background to give depth beyond loathing and bullshit. A reoccurring positive storyline would be a good move.

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jan 9, 2021

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Moomin Valley seems like it would be either super high stress or amazingly wonderful with absolutely no middle ground. (It can be both I guess)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

catlord posted:

"So anyways, sorry about my article being late and written on strips of bark, but that's how I ended up waging a guerilla war against my dad and the Feds from the relative safety of the Everglades."

Fear and Loathing on the Mark Trail rules.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I've got to say that this recent kick of Dustin not being hated by the universe Steve Kelley really adds a sense of foreboding to ever new strip.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Alhazred posted:

Sure, let's invade a foreign country because some dude we don't know the identity of said so. Whupwhup!

the Unknown Commander is basically a cult figure for the Jungle Patrol. Which is super hosed up actually.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

isn't the neighboring country basically Rhodesia? I'm not super worried about their territorial integrity.

Looks like it's Rodia actually, which is bad luck for the Jungle Patrol because Rodians always shoot first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1096539308914237440