Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Batiuk is such a smug prick about kIdS tHeSe DaYs ArE sO dUmB that I can't help but feel grim satisfaction at his fuckup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Powerful Overboard vibes from that first Kliban!

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Loving this Zits arc. A cat makes for an excellent napkin

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

"Cheats on his diet" when he hasn't even started to try. This is the most invested I've ever been in Rex Morgan

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

He doesn't want to explain how Garage Band software works, and probably wants to work on his music in peace

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Oh no, please make an alternate ending where Bobby takes the skull home and it lives happily ever after on the mantelpiece or something :ohdear:

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

:getin:

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Diabetic ketoacidosis is very real and can kill the poo poo out of you.

I'm predicting that his wife will make some comment about him having an odd, fruity smell (KETONES!)

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Who's the couple thinking about adding ageplay to their bedroom in chickweed lane?

A priest and a nun who used to teach at Edda and Amos's school. They left their respective professions behind so they could get married and gently caress. There was a bizarre prolonged arc where the ex-nun was giving birth to their first child and the other nun had some kind of metaphysical journey with God who made the ex-nun's baby be born with some unspecified deformity for Reasons. The Owl and the Pussycat was involved.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Kevin & Kell predicted the fish tube :eyepop:

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Jack is a himbo and nobody in Luann deserves him. Maybe Tiffany.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

If he's going this far into this he could at least provide recipes.

Rex Morgan just derails into a diabetic-friendly version of that cooking comic strip where the recipes seemed decent and the art was horrible.

Also I badly misread that as "mini-corn frittatas" and not mini frittatas with corn, so I was imagining a frittata with whole baby corns just hanging out in the mix

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Luann is reminding me of Apartment 3G right at the end, when they had a young new writer trying to make exciting things happen but the artist was too old and boring to draw anything fun.

I am also feeling this Arlo and Janis story on a deep spiritual level, we inherited SO MANY DISHES this year and I was perfectly happy with my nice durable colorful fiestaware

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

FOOB is giving me the creeps but I never had a brother so what do I know about their opinions on training bras

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I just can't get over the aggresively weird way that Angelique's face is drawn. That horrible protruding underbite. It haunts me.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

Like that one woman in FOOB, the one Liz's horrible future husband married? Therese? The one who only had a baby because he badgered her nonstop, and on the condition she never have to raise it, and how shocked he was when she meant it?

I mean, how ELSE will we know they are evil? Though Kevin did marry her for some reason.

oh my god I see what you mean

I think Angelique's profile reminds me of the way OBH characters are drawn in profile which only deepens my dislike of both

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

drat, those are fine Addams aliens

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Bobby's racoon costume gets me every single time

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Theoretically since Bets is an ~influencer~ she can get a return on investment via people seeing the experience on social media and making their own reservations.

That said, today's strip was exactly what I wanted it to be: stupid as hell

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Goongrats on the PhD! Your posts have been sorely missed

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Oh gently caress you Batiuk

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Jucika gets poo poo done :allears:

Also loving that first vintage Zits strip-- my bedroom shared a wall with my parents' bathroom so I often had the pleasure of hearing my dad hack and snort and cough and spit his way through his morning routine

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/simoncholland/status/1378331573779636227?s=20

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/damnyouwillis/status/1416379882980904964?s=20

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Kennel posted:

Cruel Little Stories

This is the worst one yet :smith:

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I was about to compliment Save Havens bc I found the jellyfish strips kind of sweet but then it immediately does a 180 back to making GBS threads the bed as usual.

Also judging by Nil's kissing limitations he's at least as much of a wet blanket as Bernice.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Hostile V posted:

I kinda skim Mämmilä but I am never disappointed by Mukku.

:same:

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Slammy posted:

Dark Laughter March 27, 1948

This drape is too fuckin' slick to be confined to the bottom of the previous page

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Johnny Walker posted:

"You're over that cat bullshit, right?"

The cat is going to start pestering them for a taste of delicious forbidden People Food and it's going to piss him off all over again

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Chiming in to say that I also really loved Cruel Little Stories, even though it made me cringe with how real it was.

Mary Worth...perfection :discourse:

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

:getin: and lol that one of the pro-maskers is dicknosing

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

It's perfect, I fuckin' hate that kid

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Yes pleeeeaaaase I always want more Q-rais content in this thread

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Doomykins posted:

Jucika "276 - Jucika And The Lifeguards"

Nobody loves a fat bald man!

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Mary Worth: if this ends up being about the superiority of dog owners over cat owners I will flip the gently caress out

Luann: re-inventing the smush room, like 15 years later

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

davidspackage posted:

Wilbur will be sipping a cognac by a hearthfire as Carol looks lovingly on him, a silhouette of the dogs doing it in the foreground as Wilbur looks at the reader and winks knowingly.

Meanwhile, Estelle sits in a dark, cold kitchen with Libby in her lap, tears spilling down her cheeks as she eats her microwaved meal of mac and cat hair.

The dogs will also be eating salmon!

I hope Estelle remembers that he responded to their breakup by singing loving Adele and doesn't fall for his bullshit again

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Vargo posted:

... i don't get it.

The specialty chocolate store probably doesn't carry non-chocolate candies

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I figured he didn't want to show the movie tanking because he knew it would make us too happy

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I had two baby blankets I took everywhere, one pink and one blue. I have a memory of a daycare worker taking the blue blanket from me and stuffing it in the trash, I remember looking at it in the trashcan and feeling helpless. I was insanely attached to the pink blanket after that, still have the falling-apart rag it turned into from being so well-loved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Haifisch posted:

Is this a 'you can't have that, it's a BOY color!' thing? It feels like that kind of thing.

Possible, this would have happened in the mid-90's if the memory is correct/true. My mom was super patient with my attachment to them, never berated me but would gently encourage me to leave them in the car when we went out so I couldn't lose them. She'd also go out of her way to wash them on a gentle cycle in a delicates bag so they could be cleaned without being destroyed.

That was a drat good drat sad chapter of 100 Demons