Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
drat I love the Addams. But the comic always has Mortician looking miserable in a FOOB way. And I always forget how Gomez looked, for in my mind he is always Raul Julia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Johnny Aztec posted:

I would say that it takes a special kind of heart to put out a good Addams movie.

Like, you can go by the numbers and have a quirky goth movie but,.....wouldn't be Great.

.....It's been many years since I've watched Addams 1+2. Maybe I should change that.

Best Thanksgiving movie ever, the second one.

"And for these reasons, I have decided to scalp you. And burn your village to the ground.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Mar. 07, 1943)

I need merlin's quote on a t-shirt or something, drat.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So a lioness and a rhino made a bear.

gently caress I bet on a caticorn or something.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Medenmath posted:

Prince Valiant

Young Val woulda headed off to those bastards and killed them all. And the prisoner too probably. Aleta and age have served him well.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Ugh Candorville. I forgot that poo poo existed. I hate how he draws them on their backs, like the lady is always trying to be some pinup.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I am still amazed/disappointed it wasn't a caticorn.

IT WAS RIGHT THERE, HOLBROOK YOU HACK.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Kavak posted:

Maybe some very small ones that tiny lemur-things could take on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWWeQlXfSa0&t=221s
Obligatory Caveman and Dinosaur rap.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Zerilan posted:

So basically he's the one person in the world to have some shred of empathy and he's treated as an incompetent loser for it. Why does every detail learned about Holbrook's comics always make both the art and artist look worse?

I like how he's trying to spare his sister the pain of losing her husband by trying to constantly kill him.

Anyone else here watch horrible Lifetime movies with their mom? There was one, ages ago, called the Promise Keeper's Daughter, about a doctor who told his wife that one of their twins had been stillborn, but the other was fine. Well turns out the baby wasn't stillborn, she had Down's Syndrome, and since his own sister had had it, and other health complications in infancy, she had died, and he wanted to spare his wife that pain. It being a Lifetime movie, he gave the baby to his nurse, but she kept and raised the girl. Now it also being a Lifetime movie, he refused to have sex with his wife ever again for fear of making another baby like that, and had little to do with his son, but when he got letters from the nurse showing how happy and good the kid was, he begged to get her returned. How he planned to explain it to his estranged wife and son who hated him, no idea. Because he died before he could tell her, and his wife and son only found out the girl was alive when she was in her thirties. So there was little closure and the dude got away with ruining several lives.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The sad part is I highly suspect Lynn had PPD. Combine that with everything else, and it's a miracle worse poo poo didn't happen.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

My Lovely Horse posted:

TEENAGER: my father will definitely beat me, I obviously know this from experience (hides in a car rather than go home)
MOTHER: eeeeh he probably won't really, anyway let me deliver you to him and whoops look at the time gotta go you'll find your own way inside kid
(aside) Ohgeegosh this is certainly a very bad situation which isn't any of my business at all and I have no hand in what happens whatsoever, oh how cruel is the world (peels out)

No one else remembers this kinda scene from Forrest Gump? Where everyone in the town knew poo poo was going down at Jenny's house but the kid was a loving pariah because of it?

So was it the 90's or later that the Very Special Episodes became more of a "See Something, Do loving Something!"

I mean it still happens, the reddit thread in GBS is full of people who see abuse but don't want to call CPS or get involved. "Not my business!"

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Goddamn I love Val.

"Why do we have to have peace when this man's face begs to be punched!"

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

goatface posted:

Hedgehogs barely self groom, never mind socially. She is just a pervert who wants to pick at other perverts.

I could do with a jumbo Nekonaughey today.

My pygmy African hoggie was always cleaning himself, and me as well. He would preen my hair until he got into a frenzy and start doing that spit-froth bath all over himself.

That said I hope he was never hunting for bugs in my hair. Once in a while, if I wasn't careful and he got carried away, he'd find and bite my ear. Never broke the skin but was close!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Oh dude, do not cross Prince Val. You won't even be a footnote in the comic!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Whatever happened to Val's mother?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

goatface posted:

The octopus lady is coping remarkably well for gaining 8 sub brains and a beak where her cooch used to be.

I want you to imagine how different a wolf and rabbit are when it comes to reproduction. Oh, yes the males both have penises, but they are rather different. So since you put that image of a beak-cooch in my head, I will put the image of Kevin and Kell making their hellspawn. Or wolves and sheep. Or the loving bat and the hedgehog and there was even the loving joke about her quills making holes in the condom.

I mean if nothing else mermaids should spawn like sharks or clownfish.

NOW for crossovers, if the crazy DNA wizards were shown like Bernice, it would be clear they are insane villain control freaks. But they are the main characters and can do no wrong.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Good boy Val. Love is a folly, help these tortured souls become happy with ivory, so you may continue your quest of slaughter and frolic!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Jan. 16, 1944)

Val's face palm is emoji worthy.

"You loving donkey!"

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

PetraCore posted:

My interpretation is she was lying about the candy box because she didn't want her daughter to have a pet tortoise, so she just gave it away or got rid of it, but yours is pretty cruel too.

Assuming it was a baby tortoise, yes. And not a sulcata baby, those fuckers survive a lot.

Otherwise...when I was a kid, and lived in a military base in New Mexico, we were known for being the turtle family, to the point my dad got a call from some freight company to pick up a stowaway. See, they were shipping in air conditioning units from Florida to NM, and at some point a Florida gopher tortoise crawled into one of the shipping freight boxes. And was delivered to NM, where the boxes sat for a good few months. By the time they cracked the case open, Frisky was super dehydrated and barely alive, but my dad picked her up, brought her home, and we got her back to sassy health quickly. I mostly remember her chasing me around the backyard because I always gave her extra treats.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I usually love Crabgrass but this sock thing works as a one-off. Not a serial story.

And you know, I remember being a babysitter and never ever having anything close to the issues in Calvin and Hobbes. Which makes me realize Calvin really, really needed some drat counselling.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Haifisch posted:

I think it was only explicitly stated once or twice, but Rosalynn is the only person willing to babysit him. And she gets paid considerably more than normal for it.

It works in a cartoony 'kid vs babysitter' sense, but irl that would definitely be a 'this kid needs to see a therapist/doctor' wakeup call even before this arc.

I mean, the worst babysitting job I ever had was 4 kids, and the oldest was like 12, the younger ones between 5 and 8. And the 12 year old was on the spectrum and hated his younger stepsiblings. I mostly remember us playing Hide and Seek with the twist that if you were found, you got to help find the others. And whoever lasted the longest got to choose who was the Seeker next time. Was dumb, but the kids at least were entertained.

Now for Calvin? Best thing Rosalynn could have done maybe early on was actually play with the drat kid instead of working on her homework/calling her boyfriend, etc. I don't ever remember strips of her interacting with him in anything fun?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
In other words, Batiuk is a Luann character?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
There are so so so many things wrong with Kevin and Kell, so let me aim for the fat and easy target: with so, loving SO many interspecies couples, just why the gently caress are K and K important at all? I mean other than they are author favorites, etc.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

coronatae posted:

I just can't get over the aggresively weird way that Angelique's face is drawn. That horrible protruding underbite. It haunts me.

Like that one woman in FOOB, the one Liz's horrible future husband married? Therese? The one who only had a baby because he badgered her nonstop, and on the condition she never have to raise it, and how shocked he was when she meant it?

I mean, how ELSE will we know they are evil? Though Kevin did marry her for some reason.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
the question is, will gramps join in on beating dustin? or will he spoil his grandkids, by which i mean treat them like people?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Did, uh, that hippie roommate in Luann get a few shades lighter or are my eyes going?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

duffmensch posted:

Wait, why do they have a human kid?

Q: Do you REALLY want to know?

A: Female rabbit was actually once a human from our world and became a rabbit when she came into that universe, or something close enough. Holbrook Holbrook DNA Magic Science. The usual.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Some Guy TT posted:

Surprisingly, Ask/Tell doesn't have a thread for retail workers. As is seen in this thread, there's certainly demand for such stories. So I went and made one. And I'm assuming we have permission from Darthemed not to have to quote them every time we want to steal an imgur link because that would be very annoying.

There is however a 700+ thread in Business about why working retail sucks.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So, uh, how long is this poo poo going to last in Crabgrass? It's been over a week or so by now? Seriously just make it Patreon only if the artist needs the funds instead of this stretch.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I like how normal Dill's dad looks. You almost expect like a biker dude.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Does Katrinka have a black eye? Because I am really hoping it's just ink printing badly.

Otherwise that plumber will be dead once he fixes the pipes.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Cmon Dana, no no no no.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I think for Luann, isn't it mostly minority women who show up then get ejected? Because loving Insurance Fraud is still around.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I loving love Prince Val. I wish this would be a great movie, not the poo poo we know it would be. Because Aleta kicks rear end.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Good Listener posted:

Really the unbelievable part is that a corporation run by two evil people would PAY a teenager and not just have it be an unpaid internship/for exposure.

I mean they are evil but they aren't EVIL.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Aleta continues to own like mad.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Some Guy TT posted:

Well great now I'm wondering if Margherita pizzas pair well with margaritas and if there are any restaurants that sell both.

Does anything not pair well with pizza?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Why is Princess Deer taking any poo poo from that rear end in a top hat?

You know what Val would do in her place.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
You know Robot Mark is, half the time, sighing as he goes to save Axa again. And again. And again.

Damnit Axa, just find a tree and live with Mark!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Val would be so pissed if he knew Aleta knew how to outsmart her foes as he so often does.

Aleta gonna gently caress poo poo up.