Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

gently caress man, at least all agree that arguing between $1400 and $2000 is loving ridiculous and basically quibbling about what type of bandaid to put on a gaping wound

https://twitter.com/PinkRangerLyra/status/1355972878953549832?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

McNally posted:

How the gently caress do you guys always have blow-ups on days I’m out of the house for extended periods and can only phonepost?

Which one of you is stalking me?

It's sunday, this literally happens every sunday.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

fknlo posted:

A 3 percenter bandana being worn as a mask by a federal employee while working in a federal building is completely not appropriate right?

I just want to make sure I'm not overstepping before I bring this up to my manager. Just wear a blue lives matter mask like all the other racist chuds.

Its likely that, for your manager to do anything other than quietly take that person aside and say, 'hey, we've gotten some complaints, can you wear a more politically neutral mask?' They'd need to be ready to die on that hill and anybody who believes in either their people or the work they do will most likely avoid that in exchange for getting absolutely anything else done before they're sacked.

There is unlikely enough evidence to show that as hate speech or as part of a criminal organization and dress code re: masks has not probably been addressed the same way you might be able to say, "fine, we're a dress shirts and slacks kind of place now because I'm tired of policing your t-shirts. Happy?"

Basically, your manager can say something, and so saying something might be worth it, but they probably don't have the support to do anything about it, even if they wholeheartedly agree. Sorry.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

fknlo posted:

A 3 percenter bandana being worn as a mask by a federal employee while working in a federal building is completely not appropriate right?

I just want to make sure I'm not overstepping before I bring this up to my manager. Just wear a blue lives matter mask like all the other racist chuds.

You might be able to get them on a Hatch Act argument, depending on if you can convince your manager that it counts as a "partisan political item." https://osc.gov/Services/Pages/HatchAct-Federal.aspx#tabGroup12

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

gently caress man, at least all agree that arguing between $1400 and $2000 is loving ridiculous and basically quibbling about what type of bandaid to put on a gaping wound

I don't think anyone here has argued against $2,000 payments or greater, which is why I'm really shocked at the aggression. The disagreement seems to be over what has changed with the Democrats' messaging and what position they started from vs. what they've lead people to expect since. If somebody interprets "Hey, the Democrats actually did say it this way back in December even if they lost control of the messaging since then" as "We should not get $2,000 checks" then I don't know what to say to them.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

He looks like a C&C character

The Rothschild Space Laser is a pretty big clue that we're living in the Red Alert timeline now.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

So which of the other legislative proposals do you think the Dems should jettison to get the 2k checks?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

piL posted:

Its likely that, for your manager to do anything other than quietly take that person aside and say, 'hey, we've gotten some complaints, can you wear a more politically neutral mask?' They'd need to be ready to die on that hill and anybody who believes in either their people or the work they do will most likely avoid that in exchange for getting absolutely anything else done before they're sacked.

There is unlikely enough evidence to show that as hate speech or as part of a criminal organization and dress code re: masks has not probably been addressed the same way you might be able to say, "fine, we're a dress shirts and slacks kind of place now because I'm tired of policing your t-shirts. Happy?"

Basically, your manager can say something, and so saying something might be worth it, but they probably don't have the support to do anything about it, even if they wholeheartedly agree. Sorry.

This is kind of what I figured. It's not even worth me bringing up then. At least this person isn't one of my direct employees. One of the other people in Mr. Three percent's work area once told me that his hero is Dr. Ron Paul, so...

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Do you think that liberals are leftists?

Why are you just trying to start arguments?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
They control the house and senate, they shouldn't jettison poo poo

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Grip it and rip it posted:

So which of the other legislative proposals do you think the Dems should jettison to get the 2k checks?

They don't need to jettison anything, and they especially don't need to talk to Republicans or even pretend that they give a poo poo about negotiating a bill they have 100% of the ability to pass on their own.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Godholio posted:

Why are you just trying to start arguments?

I'm not. The poster seemed to miss the point of the original quoted post.

quote:

That's definitely not true. The greatest lie moderate liberals ever told themselves is that people to their left only disagree with them about tactics.

They were pointing out the gulf that exists between modern Democrats that embrace neoliberalism and modern leftists

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
200 posts in the CE thread...

All of them poo poo, a steaming pile of garbage.

Yall need to storm the capital again

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Grip it and rip it posted:

Nothing? Why should they? Republicans rammed poo poo through because they had a majority for four loving years. Unimpeded. So why should the dems not do the same?

Bipartisanship can suck my rear end. They didn't use it, so why should we?

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Do you think that liberals are leftists?

Youre trying to label spectrums that support multiple, similar ideas without either having an overriding focus. You might be assuming that liberals are the entire spectrum while leftists are just that portion on the end or something. Since there is no clear definition, the label is up to the individual, I would be wrong to provide one.

If you just want to differentiate on the spectrum, it would be more helpful to enlarge the portion on the far left rather than cut off the entire spectrum at an arbitrary point. The labels used here generally only apply to the context of the people here. In the US noone here is close to a moderate by any means.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Abongination posted:

Yall need to storm the capital again

Oh gently caress right off with that

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

lightpole posted:

Youre trying to label spectrums that support multiple, similar ideas without either having an overriding focus. You might be assuming that liberals are the entire spectrum while leftists are just that portion on the end or something. Since there is no clear definition, the label is up to the individual, I would be wrong to provide one.

If you just want to differentiate on the spectrum, it would be more helpful to enlarge the portion on the far left rather than cut off the entire spectrum at an arbitrary point. The labels used here generally only apply to the context of the people here. In the US noone here is close to a moderate by any means.

Whole lotta words without saying anything dude.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

lightpole posted:

Nice of you to make that assumption about me

eta: I do believe capitalism is a nice separator between libs and leftists

UP THE BUM NO BABY fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 31, 2021

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

boop the snoot posted:

Leftists believe in full space communism now or bust, liberals believe in eating brunch off the backs of BIPOC. This isn't difficult.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

boop the snoot posted:

I think he's saying it's a stupid loving derail and he's right.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Godholio posted:

No that's a big brain post that diminishes the anti-capitalist sentiments of leftism

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
the defining traits of leftism are of course the desire to diminish and ultimately abolish private property, worker solidarity, and a burning hatred of anyone with even minor ideological or even tactical disagreements on how to achieve the above goals

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Acebuckeye13 posted:

the defining traits of leftism are of course the desire to diminish and ultimately abolish private property, worker solidarity, and a burning hatred of anyone with even minor ideological or even tactical disagreements on how to achieve the above goals

That’s what happens when capitalism steamrolls your entire generation.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
The revolution is literally right around the corner guys and your dumbshit derail about who THE REAL LEFTISTS ARE is super important.

There is no meaningful left in American politics, we barely have class consciousness in the US. Stop acting like the other people in this thread are the reason you are politically powerless. Venting that frustration on people here is accomplishing gently caress all.

Maybe go on a walk or log off or take it to Twitter and offer up some hot takes on leftist charcuterie board discourse. Because holy poo poo it is insufferable to read through this same poo poo over and over again. You are getting so spun up, like your posting here matters, & is not being scrolled past as fast as possible by like the 100 people that read this thread.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

boop the snoot posted:

Nah, that's what happens when everyone keeps slapping one another on the back for creating a toxic community.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

boop the snoot posted:

Tell that to the Girondins

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

boop the snoot posted:

these traits predate the French Revolution

Jean-Paul Marat was a C-SPAM poster born two hundred and fifty years early

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Acebuckeye13 posted:

these traits predate the French Revolution

Jean-Paul Marat was a C-SPAM poster born two hundred and fifty years early

Ok but I’m telling you why these traits are around in 2021

They don’t exist out of thin air

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
these idiot dems need to buck up and do exactly what was done to them and ram through everything they can during the 2 years they are going to be able to do it

but they wont

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

No true Scotsman

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

ded posted:

these idiot dems need to buck up and do exactly what was done to them and ram through everything they can during the 2 years they are going to be able to do it

but they wont

We're going to find out what they actually want to do, because they do in fact have the power to do what they want to do.

Case in point: they do not want to cut checks greater than $1400

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Godholio posted:

It was 50% effort cause the absurdity tripped me up but I can't keep up with the diminishing the anti capitalist sentiment thing

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
the secret of teslas profit : selling credits to car makers :lol:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/31/investing/tesla-profitability/index.html

quote:

New York (CNN Business)Tesla posted its first full year of net income in 2020 -- but not because of sales to its customers.
Eleven states require automakers sell a certain percentage of zero-emissions vehicles by 2025. If they can't, the automakers have to buy regulatory credits from another automaker that meets those requirements -- such as Tesla, which exclusively sells electric cars.
It's a lucrative business for Tesla -- bringing in $3.3 billion over the course of the last five years, nearly half of that in 2020 alone. The $1.6 billion in regulatory credits it received last year far outweighed Tesla's net income of $721 million -- meaning Tesla would have otherwise posted a net loss in 2020.
"These guys are losing money selling cars. They're making money selling credits. And the credits are going away," said Gordon Johnson of GLJ Research and one of the biggest bears on Tesla (TSLA) shares.

Tesla top executives concede the company can't count on that source of cash continuing.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1356023990398177286?s=19

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Isn't she the one who orchestrated a genocide? That's ongoing?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

People are literally dying from lack of covid relief checks because they are forced to run the gauntlet at retail stores or starve to death. Other countries have monthly covid checks but keep acting as if we don't know how to count to 2000 all while ignoring the fact that there is a huge difference between getting 2k all at once and getting 600 and then months later the remaining 1400.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

IIRC she’s the leader who got a Nobel Peace Prize and also defended the Rohingya Genocide.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nystral posted:

IIRC she’s the leader who got a Nobel Peace Prize and also defended the Rohingya Genocide.

This is my memory as well, but with gladhanding from Barry O.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/FFRAFAction/status/1355892345489809414

The administration just working to finish where the shooter left off