Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

G2 have already reached their peak and are kidding themselves if they think they're ever making Worlds finals again. I'd honestly be surprised if they can even make semis with this year's roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

njsykora posted:

G2 have already reached their peak and are kidding themselves if they think they're ever making Worlds finals again. I'd honestly be surprised if they can even make semis with this year's roster.

Imo though that is the peak western teams, I don't think any roster you can put together in the west can win worlds vs Asian teams but what I meant by chance is they will make a deep run at worlds at least.

Seriously I thought 2019 G2 was the best western team ever and they got bopped so hard by FPX it was embarrassing. That was the meta where Perkz could play anything botlane and they were flexing picks top/mid. I knew this year they were not gonna win with how bad Perkz was in regular split, he did well at worlds but not as much as the year prior.

I feel like G2 could have upgraded Wunder/Jankos possibly. Like Jankos imo there is no doubt Selfmade is better than him, Jankos is definitely smarter but Selfmade can get there with experience and his mechanics are even better than Prime Jankos in his h2k days.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
G2 can absolutely make finals again because Rekkles + Mikyx will be a lot better than Rekkles + Hylissang. Proooobably more consistent than Perkz since he's so hungry and likes the role.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

njsykora posted:

Lmao shut the hell up

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 24 minutes!
I think C9 had a higher ceiling that G2 this year. but yeah, neither will reach finals. may not even reach semis.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

it doesnt matter who wins worlds just enjoy watching the players and teams you like during the season you loving dorks

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I’m an Excel fan, enjoyment is thin on the ground over here.

Speaking of which, there’s a thing on BBC3 for UK people on Sunday about Excel.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Max Coveri posted:

What has changed in the pro scene since the last thread?
[list]
[*]Korea are no longer the undisputed kings of the hill, with the position being tug-of-warred between them, China, and Europe's G2 and Fnatic.

preeeeeeetty sure Damwon is undisputed and the only reason we dont know is they pitted Damwon against DRX in the first round

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

it doesnt matter who wins worlds just enjoy watching the players and teams you like during the season you loving dorks

agreed. maybe i'm alone in this but i feel like western teams making it to the Worlds Finals is good enough anyway

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
when does LCS start?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

isaboo posted:

when does LCS start?

Next week.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Lid posted:

preeeeeeetty sure Damwon is undisputed and the only reason we dont know is they pitted Damwon against DRX in the first round

You never know :shrug:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

lpl on now

karma - pantheon - syndra - samira - leona vs aatrox - nidalee - viktor - kaisa - galio

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Interesting that both adcs opted for the collector 2nd instead of a zeal item. Also youd think kaisa would go for kraken slayer for the passive synergy but nope, galeforce is busted so take that

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Suning just ended up smashing Game 1. Aatrox reached a stage where they were unkillable and TOP just didn’t have enough consistent damage. The Karma pick is the big question mark for me, especially going Luden’s. Karma doesn’t scale well and needs to just dominate the lane early to have a chance at winning. Going for one of the most expensive mythic seems... counter-intuitive.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I’m not looking forward to people in solo queue trying Moonstone Lillia after seeing this game.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Seems like TES should have 2-0 with the early games they were having but JKL/Zhuo had no idea how to play Samira in lategame or TES in general didn't know how to teamfight with her late game.

Suning though look much better than Demacia Cup, in big part to Huangfeng being back. I still think their early game is too weak.

EDG also beat OMG, they didn't use Clearlove yet.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

based on the LPL so far, for as broken as adc is alleged to be the only three viable ones appear to be kaisa, samira, and jhin. rat was really struggling on xayah

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

From what I've seen in preseason it'd be surprising to me if Twitch doesn't start popping up when teams start squeezing the ADC pool, it's shocking already that Jhin isn't permabanned every game.

E: If you were wondering where Nemesis was going to land after getting the big rejection from Fnatic, he's ended up as a sponsored streamer for GenG.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jan 12, 2021

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

nuguri playing top lane tank gragas looking very good so far

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Nuguri playing no-flash Camille looking very good so far.

Also LWX is living the ADC dream right now.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if something doesnt change meta or patch wise i think LWX is playing one of his last Kaisa games for awhile

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/Froskurinn/status/1348948297122246659

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Aww man :(

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Booooo Frosk was their best analyst. Hope she gets a decent job at one of the teams.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I hope that's because of opportunities that opened up to her and not because of something at Riot/LEC. She was a huge asset for the league and broadcast.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Leaving to spend more time on Thorin podcasts. Hopefully this means Trouble gets bumped up from the NLC because she's been really good.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Uh what? I thought they did not have any working relationship after his comments about her last year with the NEOM situation. And that would be disappointing because gently caress anyone who associates or works with Thorin.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

They've been friends for years and years, I would be surprised if she didn't at least pop up on a podcast with him when she starts working outside Riot, if only because he's on literally every League podcast.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Bottom Liner posted:

I hope that's because of opportunities that opened up to her and not because of something at Riot/LEC. She was a huge asset for the league and broadcast.

"I cannot reveal the next steps yet" seems to imply she's hopefully got something.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Looking at her feed it sounds like she’s already working on something she had lined up.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

if something doesnt change meta or patch wise i think LWX is playing one of his last Kaisa games for awhile

NASTY Kaisa, him and Jackeylove make Kaisa look like another champion. Also Rogue warriors got a massive upset on TES, so TES start the season 0-2 despite having decent leads in both series. Haro is another player that deserves another chance on a top team.

Btw what are you yalls NA LCS top 5 rankings? I am seeing lots of people put up 100T above TSM, am I crazy? I feel like only Ssumday/Closer are better than their counterparts. I would put PoE/Lost/SwordArt above Damonte/FBI/Huhi. Also I think this is the first roster in a long time where Huni doesn't have to carry so we won't see him do stupid poo poo.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 24 minutes!
Give her a team

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Every year people get baited by whatever hot new signing 100 Thieves have and every year they are forcibly reminded that it’s still 100 Thieves.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

im not a frosk fan so i wont miss her, i know she has endeared herself with her fangirling and i know most people who hate her are chuds so its a delicate topic.

also other than tsm being my new NA team i'm rooting for josedeodo this split, anything beyond that i'm going to wait and see if any of the new players are actually entertaining.

Ulio posted:

NASTY Kaisa, him and Jackeylove make Kaisa look like another champion. Also Rogue warriors got a massive upset on TES, so TES start the season 0-2 despite having decent leads in both series. Haro is another player that deserves another chance on a top team.

Btw what are you yalls NA LCS top 5 rankings? I am seeing lots of people put up 100T above TSM, am I crazy? I feel like only Ssumday/Closer are better than their counterparts. I would put PoE/Lost/SwordArt above Damonte/FBI/Huhi. Also I think this is the first roster in a long time where Huni doesn't have to carry so we won't see him do stupid poo poo.

despite TES starting 0-2 i think they're still the favorite to win the split, their macro looked absolutely dogshit tho, and the viktor picks were Not Good. that being said, Forge looked very strong this series for RW, including neutralizing Knight in the third game almost entirely. also i like Qiu Qiu, although i know he's not good, so that was a pretty fun series win to see from RW.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Apparently Santorin, Broxah and Finn all are having visas issues and will miss the lock in. Given the world, especially how bad it is in the US, plus the poo poo response the US has it isn't shocking.

I guess having the Lock In first prior to season starting is a really good change for this exact reason. Hopefully they get in before the season starts up.

Also, what luck does TL have that this is the 2nd year in the row they have visa issues.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Doran in LCK is playing the complete opposite of Nuguri yesterday. Got solo killed by Rascal, then greed TP'd back to lane and got instakilled again.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

the new lck caster seems fine so far, i don't think he's mentioned pokemon or twitch memes yet

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/C9Perkz/status/1349271126174679040

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

One of these teams has a large lead and is making active steps towards ending the game so it's clearly not LCS.

Having said that, there are a lot of hugely fed members playing like it's soloq and they're shocked they can't solo dive everyone.