Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.invenglobal.com/article...-lock-in-roster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muYvRKCkuZw

Buncha CLG and Dignitas (maybe more?) players have caught COVID-19, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Rell picked by Hanwha against T1 game 2. The fact that Rell is picked before Seraphine makes me :negative:.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

jimmydalad posted:

Rell picked by Hanwha against T1 game 2. The fact that Rell is picked before Seraphine makes me :negative:.

But people on the internet told me Riot made Seraphine stupidly overpowered so everyone would buy her skin?

E: That Excel documentary is on BBC iPlayer now, halfway into the first episode it's already a fair bit more interesting than I was expecting though it is still having to spend a lot of time explaining what esports and League are. The pre-titles montage showed some footage of Mickey raging so that's gonna be fun to see and they're also showing some footage of preseason games at the LEC Studio.

Also Expect with no trousers on.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jan 13, 2021

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

jimmydalad posted:

she can't compete against top-tier mids during laning phase, and any situation where you might pick her as a support is honestly better filled by lux

i actually expect to see rell more if the current meta holds out, because support seems to be, like, 90% leona/alistar/sett right now

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

im not a frosk fan so i wont miss her, i know she has endeared herself with her fangirling and i know most people who hate her are chuds so its a delicate topic.

also other than tsm being my new NA team i'm rooting for josedeodo this split, anything beyond that i'm going to wait and see if any of the new players are actually entertaining.

despite TES starting 0-2 i think they're still the favorite to win the split, their macro looked absolutely dogshit tho, and the viktor picks were Not Good. that being said, Forge looked very strong this series for RW, including neutralizing Knight in the third game almost entirely. also i like Qiu Qiu, although i know he's not good, so that was a pretty fun series win to see from RW.

Ya I was high on Forge in like 2019 when he subbed in for Rookie for a few games but for whole of last year he basically only played melee champs but since LPL has started he has been spamming mages. He hasn't popped off but he hasn't throw games either.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

So I just got an alert on Twitch that Crown was streaming, I decided to look at how he was doing since his retirement, looks like the dude is trading stocks. Lol I guess just about everyone is trading stocks these days, which reminds me of 2001...

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I missed everything the gently caress happened to DRX's roster? They made it to worlds and it looks like a nuke went off.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Watching SOFM play Pantheon jungle is magic :allears:.

Also Aphelios is back in meta. Yay. :geno:

EDIT: Bin just ran a clinic on Sylas in Game 2.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jan 14, 2021

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

jimmydalad posted:

Watching SOFM play Pantheon jungle is magic :allears:.

Also Aphelios is back in meta. Yay. :geno:

EDIT: Bin just ran a clinic on Sylas in Game 2.

i don't think aphelios is back in meta specifically, i think that teams are trying to steal wins with poke comps and hoping he hits three items. but so far neither the LPL or the LCK is playing through adc so even if he is in meta i dont think it matters, bot doesn't appear to be very impactful atm

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Aphelios is probably just a legacy pick in LPL, even when Kaisa wasn't meta people were playing her in LPL. Lots of LPL games just end with massive late game teamfights and Aphelios with infernum + good ulty can win teamfights on his own, especially with current broken adc items.
Seems like LPL still hasn't figured out a good comp for Samira, the only player who looked like he knew how to play her really well was Iboy so far.

Also G2 is I think the first Western org to sign a deal with a sportswear designer. https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattga...sh=4309b3e71cee

LPL teams have had this forever but it might be a whole league type deal instead of a specific team and its Nike.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Ulio posted:

Also G2 is I think the first Western org to sign a deal with a sportswear designer. https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattga...sh=4309b3e71cee

LPL teams have had this forever but it might be a whole league type deal instead of a specific team and its Nike.

Vitality have had a deal with Adidas for ages, Roccat had Nike jerseys in their last year, Schalke have Umbro as their kit provider which extends to the esports teams, Mad Lions have a deal with Kappa. It's not remotely a new thing even outside the Asian regions, they're not even the first LEC team to get a deal with Adidas. Then outside Europe Cloud9 have had a deal with Puma for a few years now.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jan 14, 2021

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/BroxahLoL/status/1349733314089738242

Broxah doesn't know when he'll be able to travel to the US, probably not before February. CLG are boned.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
We must pressure the Biden adminstration to act on DAY 1 and set our gamers free!

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

njsykora posted:

Vitality have had a deal with Adidas for ages, Roccat had Nike jerseys in their last year, Schalke have Umbro as their kit provider which extends to the esports teams, Mad Lions have a deal with Kappa. It's not remotely a new thing even outside the Asian regions, they're not even the first LEC team to get a deal with Adidas. Then outside Europe Cloud9 have had a deal with Puma for a few years now.

Lol guess you are right, I never noticed the jerseys in LEC or LCS. I do want to get a esport jersey eventually one day but preferably an LPL team.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

There's a slow motion shot of Youngbuck on a scooter in the Excel doc and it might be one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a serious programme.
https://twitter.com/EXCEL/status/1349738961862725633

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
why would you ever want to travel to the usa. better off in europe doing european things.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Reality Protester posted:

why would you ever want to travel to the usa. better off in europe doing european things.

well i for instance cant speak for you, but i'd like to make millions of dollars

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My lord, EStar is just smashing Rogue Warriors. It’s not even close. LPL is looking real spicy. Everyone is losing to each other and it’ll probably take a few weeks to see who really comes out ahead. Colour me impressed.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

wow T1 back to Faker already

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

First Penta of 2021 courtesy of Gumayusi in Game 1 against Damwon on Aphelios. Teddy may be stuck on bench duty for some time.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

ghost aggroed the baron with kaisa w, thats why the baron was hitting Ellim

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Guma is trying hard to 1v9 right now. It’s impressive how good he looks.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

drat that was probably the best series so far

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

jimmydalad posted:

My lord, EStar is just smashing Rogue Warriors. It’s not even close. LPL is looking real spicy. Everyone is losing to each other and it’ll probably take a few weeks to see who really comes out ahead. Colour me impressed.

Ya none of the teams look like they will just lose every game this split like DMO last year. RNG also looks really good, I remember reading comments on twitter/reddit people thinking they would suck rear end. I don't know man I just feel like midlaners can basically play any role so I had high hopes for Xiahou so far he looks already top 5. I know it's early but hopefully they keep it up. Like all 5 players on RNG are exciting especially the 3 younger players.

I am not sure which teams to follow in LCS, I normally just like aggro teams so I am thinking C9 for sure just because of Blaber and they had a great playstyle last year. I think Flyquest might be a entertaining team as well. I like rookies, Josedeodo looked really promising at worlds and Johnsun was one of the best adcs in NA imo last year but stuck on a horrible team. TSM might be entertaining because they have Huni/Spica/SwordArt, PoE picking the same 3 champs again in 2021 will also be funny. TL will be really good but they might boring not sure and same for 100t.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

swordart is going to use his power of love to super power huni up, who will smash one for all while the crowd chants TSM

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Fans of glorious trash League, Bulldog and Nerdrage are playing their Bo5 right now to get the UKLC spot vacated by Phelan's implosion. Bulldog are running the glorious AP Maokai support.
https://twitch.tv/theUKEL

E: I just watched a Miss Fortune Galeforce forward alone into 5 people and not only get her entire ult off but also get a kill and get out alive.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jan 15, 2021

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

swordart is going to use his power of love to super power huni up, who will smash one for all while the crowd chants TSM

I just want to see Huni and SwordArt smile, Huni legit looked depressed last year. If they can win playing some aggro rear end league the better.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
just tuned in, is emily rand on the LCS now or is she just a guest ?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I am watching the LCS on youtube for reasons and its playing in like a postage stamp size. 40% of the screen is a weird background!!

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Wheeeeee LCS!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Not an auspicious start for TSM.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

haha TSM is trash

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

This is the first game and my beloved SwordArt is taking a drubbing by Huhi, despicable.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

TSM...no...

It really sucks that Broxah is unable to start back to back spring splits.

Hey, some new faces among the analysts. Kind of sad to see Allorim not get another shot as a pro but at least he has a job.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jan 16, 2021

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
It doesn't feel as good to say this as in the past but...

Get hosed TSM

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Hypocrisy posted:

Hey, some new faces among the analysts. Kind of sad to see Allorim not get another shot as a pro but at least he has a job.

Cat though :3:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Wow, Santorin too?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Nice to see Emily on the desk, she was always great in all the interviews she use to do for ESPN.

Close one by Jensen, he could have just dove for the kill but I guess he didn't know about Kaisa missing.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Man it's jarring watching NA LCS after LPL. Deftly's Kaisa has like 10 kills but he misplayed most of the fights but Impact's Renekton was something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
*ahem*

clown 9