Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Liquid Communism posted:

Can you tell I haven't watched anything but AEW this year?

If I can muster up the energy to compile a list, mine's going to be all AEW too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

1. Jon Moxley (35, AEW) - THE World Champion. Gave the best promos, put on the best matches. Fought like a World Champion should fight. And single handily made the AEW World Title the most prestigious World title in the US, if not the world.

2. MISTER Brodie Lee (41, AEW) - When he made his debut as the Exalted One, I have to admit I was somewhat disappointed. What could the former Luke Harper really do? Well, in the following weeks and months he showed me EXACTLY what he could do. His utter destruction of Cody for the TNT Championship is my MOTY, and the beatdown afterwards was my segment of the year. And when he was gone after the Dog Collar match, I kept asking myself "When's he going to show back up?" I can't remember the last time I wondered when a wrestler was going to return. That's how much of an impression he made on me. RIP Big Rig.

3. Eddie Kingston (39, AEW) - The only person who could challenge Mox for Promo of the Year. The man knows how to work an audience better than anyone in wrestling today. The man comes in with a true, hard luck story, and makes himself the most hated man in the promotion. He gives heart-wrenching promos, and can still make you want to see him lose. He's that good.

4. Kenny Omega (37, AEW) - From a technical stand point, there's no one who can touch Kenny. Everything is so crisp, and so devastating. He was the only guy who could beat Mox.

5. Ricky Starks (26, NWA/AEW) - There's no limit to what this guy is going to achieve. He's that drat good. AEW could put him over anyone on the roster, and you'd buy it. They could make him the TNT champ, one of the Tag Champs, or the World Champion next week, and it would be believable. This guy is the future of pro wrestling. And he's only 26.

6. Aron Stevens (38, NWA) - gently caress you, I loved the "Shooter" gimmick he was doing in the NWA. After Damien Sandow, and Aron Rex, Stevens finally connected with a gimmick and personality that just clicked. I looked forward to him appearing every week, and his run with the NWA National Heavyweight championship belt was one of the highlights of the year for me.

7. Thunder Rosa (34, NWA/AEW) - There's a reason why every promotion wants her, and that's because she's phenomenal. She's someone a division can be built around.

8. Evil Uno (33, AEW) - You know what I love most about Uno? The one thing most wrestlers don't understand or do? Anybody can do the moves, the spots, etc. It's everything that comes in between the moves that can sell a match, and no one, and I mean no one, is better at mannerisms than Evil Uno. That's a natural, innate ability that can't be taught, and can turn a poor match into a good match, and a good match into a great one.

9. Abadon (??, AEW) - Aw yeah, this is the poo poo I live for in professional wrestling.

10. Leva Bates (37, AEW) - May have only wrestled a handful of matches this year, but her character work is second to none. And as long as I have been watching wrestling, I can't ever recall seeing a gimmick where a wrestler is just so drat happy when they win a match. Which, when you think about it, should be the most obvious thing.

Honorable Mentions:

Britt Baker: The best heel in the business
Lance Archer: Aw yeah, let the bodies hit the ... ceiling?!
Diamante: A solid, underrated wrestler
Orange Cassidy
Jon Silver: If they make a Gremlins 3, all the Gremlins should be played by him
The Butcher & The Blade: BEEF
Adam Page: Your time is a'comin'.
Nyla Rose: Listen, just because you're not part of a brawl doesn't mean you still can't kick peoples' asses.
Jacob Fatu: I'm a simple man who likes simple things, and one of those things is a big Samoan wrecking people.