Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I really only watch AEW and NJPW, so here we go:

1. Tomohiro Ishii, NJPW: Every time I watch him in a match, it's pure joy. He hits all the right spots for me even if every single one of his matches is pretty much the same psychology. He's the best, been my favorite for a few years now.
2. Jon Moxley, AEW/NJPW: Probably the best all around talent. Loved his matches with Suzuki, Brodie Lee, MJF, Kingston, and Omega. I can't think of too many people that can stand face to face with Suzuki while also being able to equal Eddie Kingston in a promo. He rules, and he did such a great job of carrying AEW through the pandemic.
3. Shingo Takagi, NJPW: Similar to Ishii. His program with Suzuki was awesome, and he's the perfect face for the NEVER division. I know at some point he'll spin off that and challenge for one of the big 2 belts, and I can't wait.
4. Adam Page, AEW: Most sympathetic character of the year. Someday he'll win the big one and it'll be so great. Probably the most improved of 2020.
5. Minoru Suzuki, NJPW: If I don't rank him, he may come and elbow me in the face until I'm dead, so let's not have that happen.
6. Zack Sabre Jr., NJPW: I think my favorite thing in all of wrestling is ZSJ trying to get in a strike off with someone and immediately getting murdered. I love his style. He's hilarious when he's cocky and arrogant when he has the advantage, and when he's melting down after getting his comeuppance. His run last year with Taichi was the best.
7. Kota Ibushi, NJPW: Had a legendary match at the start of the year. Loved his tag team work with Tanahashi. His G1 run was amazing. I have nothing negative to say about Ibushi other than that he's completely crazy.
8. Kenny Omega, AEW: It's amazing how quick he went from great tag team act, but out of the main event scene to the biggest deal. Given where he's at now, I can't imagine he'll be this low this time next year.
9. Hikaru Shida, AEW: Fantastic overall performer. She can have some brutal matches, the one with Nyla Rose at Double or Nothing being the highlight. I think her promo work has improved over the year as well.
10. Hiroshi Tanahashi, NJPW: GO ACE

Taichi is probably 11th. So many people I had to leave out that I enjoy. Nyla Rose, Hiromu, El Desperado, the entire Dark Order, Yugi Nagata had the awesome matches with Suzuki, Orange Cassidy, the list goes on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU