Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I will post with the caveat that I only watch AEW with any regularity, but I check out clips from other places if people here seem to be high on them. I'm not well versed in wrestling so these are just the people who make me perk up when they're in action...

10. Chuck Taylor (AEW): He's a weird goofus who is actually a really good wrestler.

9. Asuka (WWE): Continues to be entertaining in spite of (waves hand in general direction of WWE). Pro tier Youtube channel.

8. Evil Uno (AEW): I don't know if he's a great wrestler technically, but he is one of the most expressive in the ring, even more impressive from a guy in a mask. Excellent nonverbal storyteller.

7. Abadon (AEW): 100% dedicated to a gimmick that could be stupid, but she makes it compelling. Extremely looking forward to her match with Shida and whatever is next down the line.

6. Rey Fenix (AEW): cool flipman

5. Thunder Rosa (AEW?): Has never had a bad match in my experience. She's going to be a megastar. Love her look and her intensity.

4. Jon Moxley (AEW): Yeah he's a great brawler/tough guy, but who knew he could talk? Perfect as the face of the company.

3. Danhausen (ROH): I discovered him through Twitter of all places and immediately fell in love. Watched his ROH contact match and I was sold. He's so weirdly charming and legitimately funny. I laughed my rear end off when he was frightened by his own entrance pyro. Praying we'll see him on national televisionhausen soon...

2. Orange Cassidy (AEW): A year ago he was my #1 and pretty much the only reason I'd tune in to AEW. I think the character has gotten a little stale now, but there's still a lot of potential. I think the character might not work as well without crowds. I still love to see him most of the time, though.

1. Hangman Adam Page (AEW): To have someone who is successful while struggling with self confidence issues and toxic friendships is more nuance than I thought I'd ever see from wrasslin. It's one of the most honest depictions of ennui I've ever seen in media and I deeply appreciate that it's never played for laughs, nor is he ever portrayed as a loser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU