Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

im having a hard time putting together a list, but i just wanted to say how weird it is to me that 4 people listed chuck but not trent, 1 person listed trent but not chuck, and nobody has both of them. very interesting!!!

EDIT: ok i did it

1. Hiromu Takahashi - IMO one of the secret workhorses of 2020. Big win at WK, retired a legend, deep NJ cup run, one of the better world title matches of COVID times, great BOSJ for my money. Wish he'd been in the G1 so I didn't feel like spending words to justify anything, but really I just had to personally watch every Hiromu match of 2020.

2. Adam Page - Hangman is my most important story in AEW, and so much of my interest in AEW is waiting and hoping for his world title win.

3. Go Shiozaki - I value somebody that makes me go out of my way to watch their company just for them, and Shiozaki alone made me watch NOAH this year. Almost unrivaled presence in the ring this year.

4. Mayu Iwatani - Same sentiment as Go, but for Stardom.

5. John Silver - He's coming into his own and I love it. Waiting for the Silver vs Cage-level real blowout singles match for him, but he's become one of my "watch every one of his segments" guys because I find his energy infectious.

6. Kenny Omega - Kind of an afterthought this year (which it certainly seems was intentionally his story for most of it), but still put out amazing content, even outside of the tags. However, the late 2020 heel run is what really pushed Kenny onto my list.

7. Kota Ibushi - Another almost sneaky good year. Kayfabe eating a lot of poo poo doesn't matter very strongly for me, so despite losing a lot of Big Ones this year, the WK matches and the tag run with Tanahashi buoyed a maybe lesser-than-previous G1 run (which I still liked a lot, especially the Taichi block finals match). Still love All In Ibushi.

8. Yuka Sakazaki - Only real reason I have her this low is that I watched a lot less TJPW than other Japanese promotions. Great year, and hoping to see her be a force internationally again soon.

9. Jon Moxley - hey what the gently caress. Added value to everywhere he showed up this year. Good year start in NJPW despite how it's turned out, AEW World Champion, on top of small stuff like Bloodsport. Almost never my favourite match of the night, but almost never did I come away unhappy (gently caress jake hager).

10. Trent? - ANOTHER another sneaky good year. I think Trent was more of the workhorse b/w him and Chuck, which is what I personally value. Best Friends showed up strong this year, but Trent's singles matches with Moxley, Kenny, and Miro push him over Chuck on my list. Very dismayed that he's going to be out for a while.

Procrastinator fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jan 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Feel free to tell me my list sucks poo poo I guess

imo your only miss is bray and that's just because he hasn't been allowed to be fun in matches outside of the cena wrestlemania fever dream.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

past wrestlekingdom he had no good feuds (mostly yujiro) and forgettable nj cup and g1 runs trying to get over a move lots of people dont care about. wrestlekingdom alone isnt enough to make these lists as far as I can see from people's explanations.