Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

1. John Silver (AEW): I've genuinely enjoyed watching his matches in the latter part of this year because he was able to display that he can put together such a good and unexpected combo of moves and he has such strength for his size. Who could have thunk that the beaver boys would be so over at the start of this year?

2. Yuna Mizmori aka Yunamon (ChocoPro): I feel like she's the hoss of Choco Pro and while that can be argued, I think that she consistently puts on the best match of the night whenever she is on the card because of the effort she puts into her moves or her effort in committing to working with whatever her opponent is all about.

3. Lulu Pencil (Choco Pro): You may question her wrestling ability and that's fair game but wrestling is more than moves, I believe. It's about being able to sell one's character to the audience and make them believe and that's what Pencil did this year. Watch her lose her hat earlier this year up to when she gets it back and tell me that you're not rooting for her at the end of her saga.

4. Angelico (AEW): I like his laidback attitude before he enters the ring and his lankiness, I think, really helps when he locks on submissoins.

5. Mei Suruga (Choco Pro)
6. Tomohiro Ishii (NJPW)
7.Orange Cassidy (AEW)
8.Rey Fenix (AEW)
9.Sareee
10. Yuka Sakazaki (TJPW)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

wait. was okada really that forgettable this year?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Her one lighttube match opened my eyes to her. I really hope she gets more exposure this year.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

karmicknight posted:

Wait, does this mean Mei Suruga has broken the top twenty?

That would be amazing and well deserved.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Lulu's saga regarding her hat was one of my favorite wrestling storylines of the year.

edit: wow. so 16 non wwe wrestlers left. That's surprising and expected in some way.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

This was a lot of effort, thank you Jerusalem from the writing and compiling of all the numbers to figure out who placed where.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

If her ringwork isn't something you're a fan of, Maki Itoh's story is really interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag7CTgdgy40