Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
I don't feel like I've seen enough NJPW or WWE stuff to really add them to this list so apologies for an all AEW list.

1) Kenny Omega - When I think back on most of my favourite matches from this year pretty much all of them involved Kenny Omega in some way shape or form and he's also a key part of stories that I am excited to see pay off in 2021. The man seems physically incapable of having a bad match and whilst I fully admit to being a massive mark Kenny is also one of the key things that got me back into wrestling and this year hasn't hurt my perception of The Best Bout Machine at all. He seemed like the only real option to dethrone Moxley.

2) Jon Moxley - His title reign really helped to steady the ship during an awkward year and managing to spin compelling rivalries from thin air as and when it was needed managed to keep AEW ticking over whilst some key performers were unable to attend. One of the few wrestlers I just really like to hear talk, he has a gift for making me laugh whilst also being concerned that he's about to brutally murder absolutely everyone. A great champion and whatever they have him do next will almost certainly be compelling because it's Mox.

3) Hangman Adam Page - The Anxious Millennial Cowboy is the most relatable character I've seen in wrestling, honestly he's more relatable than a lot of characters I see in other forms of media as well. The story build throughout 2020 is going to lead to an outrageous payoff in 2021 and hopefully by then we can have crowds back because some stadium or other is going to erupt. An excellent performer who has put early stumbles well and truly behind them.

4) Trent - I feel bad leaving sexy Chuckie T off the list because the Best Friends worked their collective rear end off during the early pandemic shows. Trent is just the absolute man though and I am probably going to move him around a bunch before I hit "post" because he in general, and the street fight in particular, was superb. (He got moved up twice for people who are curious)

5) Orange Cassidy - I think he's great. The Jericho thing helped to elevate him as a performer and whilst I understand the talk of him becoming over exposed I think AEW has done a good job of working him really well. He's almost certainly getting fed into the Kenny Omega shaped wood chipper sometime soon as well and I can't believe that the guy I saw dive off the top rope with his hands in his pockets is a headline level talent, but here we are.

6) Brodie Lee - He would've made the list anyway because from the second he signed he felt like a major player and a huge deal. A great big man with a terrifying aura that helped to do a lot of the heavy lifting when it came to course correcting the Dark Order.

7) MJF - There is so much potential here, and with some promo refinement could be an absolute world beating heel. There is so much to hate about him and he plays the role perfectly. Looking forward to seeing his career progression.

8) Britt Baker - Despite the injury I think Britt has been a stand out. Her in ring work is fine but her characterisation is something else. I've enjoyed pretty much every angle she has been a part of and I kind of hope they give her the belt sooner rather than later. No offence Shida, please don't knee my face off.

9) Cody Rhodes - Gets a lot of complaints and negativity but his TNT run really helped to elevate the belt, he put on some amazing matches and brought some interesting new talent into AEW.

10) Nick Jackson - Another entry that's a single person from a tag team and to be honest this could've gone either way. Nick Jackson is just so smooth in everything he does in the ring that I had to go with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU