Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

1. Taichi 40, NJPW- He's been my favourite since I first saw his dumbass entrance and it's been so wonderful seeing people come around on him in the past few years. Easily one of the best wrestlers in this year's G1 and his tag team/friendship with Zack Sabre Jr. is very heartwarming.

2. Rina Yamashita 31, Freelance (SEAdLINNNG/FREEDOMS/Ice Ribbon/Pure-J) - I saw Rina more this year than I saw most of my friends. My two favourite promotions at the moment are SEAdLINNNG and FREEDOMS and she's a big part of both. Badass deathmatch wrestler and the way she's been instantly made a part of the unchain fold is why FREEDOMS will always be a better deathmatch promotion than BJW,

3. Ryo Mizunami 32, Freelance (SEAdLINNNG/Gatoh Move) - She told me that she was supposed to be in AEW this year, which on one hand would be great because it means she'd be towards the top of the list but on the other would suck because I'd have far fewer chances to see her. One of the most charismatic people in joshi wrestling and a great wrestler to boot.

4. Masashi Takeda 35, Freelance (FREEDOMS/BJW) - The best deathmatch wrestler in the world, and probably ever. Absolutely insane dude who has been admitted to hospital for blood loss twice this year but refuses to stop. Who else would be genius enough to work a technical submission wizard gimmick in their deathmatches.

5. Sakura Hirota 42, WAVE - Brilliant comedy wrestler who can wrestle with the best of them when the time comes. Her winning the Regina di WAVE and celebrating with her kids was genuinely heartwarming and one of the nicest moments of the year.

6. Asuka/Veny 22, Freelance (SEAdLINNNG, Ganbare, ZERO1, Diana) - For such a young wrestler, she is a creative genius. I've never seen anyone adapt to botches in her matches as well as she does, including redoing the finish in the aforementioned Akito single lighttube match on the fly when it didn't break the first time. Showing up on Chocopro the day her best friend in wrestling died and having that match with Mei Suruga really helped to start the healing process for a lot of distraught wrestling fans that day.

7. Toshiyuki Sakuda 29, Freelance (FREEDOMS/BJW} - An absolute evil gnome. The way he is able to come up with horrible little spots for his deathmatches is almost worrying. Getting out of BJW and coming to FREEDOMS as a despicable heel invader is the best move of this year.

8. Hiromu Takahashi 31, NJPW - It's Hiromu, I shouldn't need to explain this pick.

9. Takumi Iroha 27, Marvelous - I don't know how someone can manage to be so cool and so goofy at the same time, but Iroha pulls it off. It sucks that she's out for so long and missing the Stardom Budokan show because she deserves to be there with Mayu and Yoshiko.

10. Risa Sera 29, Ice Ribbon - Another joshi deathmatch head who "retired" from deathmatches yet has got around it with a variety of stipulations for her ongoing FantastICE reign such as "you can only win by pinfall" or "wrestlers design the weapons".

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jan 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yuka was a comedian pre-TJPW so she might be a little older than the others too. Mizuki Watase from DDT was also taken from a comedy background but still does his stand up act.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

My number one favourite wrestler is top 3 most popular NJPW wrestler here now, I love to see it.

This board now shares the same taste in wrestlers from The Elite that Harold Meij had.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Hyper Misao vs Jun Kasai is probably the best match to introduce TJPW with and I'm surprised they haven't made it free considering it won TJPW MOTY in 2018 and would be potent recruiting tool

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Tbf I can't remember what Misao did on the first TJPW show I watched.

It was the 2018.1.4 show with Miyu/Reika, Miraclians/Mizuki & Riho, Dino/Ito, Veda/Kaho.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'd probably end up throwing Onita on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

ItohRespectArmy posted:

i'd probably vote for maki itoh again.

1. Maki Ito
2. Ryuji Ito
3. Kaoru Ito