Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Sorry for the lack of NJPW. I only watched a couple of shows this year

1. Jon Moxley- Though he probably isn't the best in-ring guy, he plays incredibly well to his strengths as a brawler and indestructible tough guy. He's a tremendous character and the best promo in the world imo.

2. Kenny Omega- The best in-ring in my opinion though I say that as someone who hasn't consumed much outside of AEW this year. It's rare for me to remember moments in matches months afterwards but Kenny has a way of making it happen

3. Adam Page- The main character in AEW's most impressive story over the last year. Excellent character work and matches and was the highlight of the Stadium Stampede

4. Rey Fenix- Absolutely jaw-dropping offense. It feels like every time I watch a match of his, there are 5 things I've never seen before

5. Thunder Rosa- Standout female wrestler this year for me. Great offensive moveset and seems a step ahead of pretty much all of her opponents except for maybe Deeb.

6. Brodie Lee- Absolutely the best character this year and his passing is a huge loss for everybody. Performed a miracle by elevating the Dark Order from their 2019 doldrums and was the centrepiece of the greatest segment in Dynamite history. Also had some brilliant matches including the best world title match in AEW so far against Mox.

7. John Silver- Probably the most enjoyable wrestler to watch because of his crazy combo attacks. Also coming into his own as a great character across both Dynamite and BTE

8. Dax Harwood- Love watching this guy a ton. Everything he does has a great snap to it. The better half (not by much mind you) of the best tag team in the world

9. Ricky Starks- The real breakout star of the company imo. Amazing promo and character work and good in the ring as well

10. AZM- Probably nobody else will nominate her but I've been watching a bunch of her matches recently with my newly acquired Stardom subscription and I think she's fantastic.

Edit: It was probably intuitive but I added numbers for clarity

Crapple! fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jan 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

There's no way it isn't mox....I think

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

well ok then

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Huge props for all the effort that went into compiling this. I was updating the thread regularly

Mox was my pick for 2020 but I'm not mad at the result. Hangman's been great but I think his 2021 is going to make his 2020 look tame by comparison

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

I already watch NOAH?

Nah, kidding aside, where I'm at right now American TV wrestling with loads of talking is just not what I want.

It's funny because I feel the opposite way. I wish they'd shave a minute to a minute and a half off the weekly Young Bucks match to fit in one of those amazing pre-tape promos they only ever upload to social media. I'm not sure what the ratio is on WWE, but AEW for me has a poo poo-ton of wrestling for a 2-hour show already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

This is great. That race for 4th to 6th positions is insane