Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
1. Hangman Adam Page (AEW, 29) – I’ve been fully invested in the Hangman Page arc all year long, and I’m really excited to see what happens with him in the future. He’s also super talented in the ring and seems like a genuinely good person.
2. John Silver (AEW, 29) – his antics on BTE have made me laugh so much this year, and his in-ring work is really good. I think he’ll have a huge 2021.
3. Hiromu Takahashi (NJPW, 31) – Hiromu is an amazing worker who scares the poo poo out of me. He’s so talented in so many different ways – he’s got a wild charisma and he can fly, work on the mat, and even brawl.
4. Matt Jackson (AEW, 35) – I will watch and love every Young Bucks match I watch.
5. Nick Jackson (AEW, 31) – see above
6. Jon Moxley (AEW, 35) – For the first half of the year, he was easily the best promo in the world. He did a fantastic job as the AEW World champion. His matches were all great as well.
7. Eddie Kingston (AEW, 39) – My pick for the promo of the year. I had never followed Kingston before, and I felt really dumb for that. He also can brawl really well.
8. Kenny Omega (AEW, 37) – One of the greatest wrestlers ever. His matches are all must see. I’m enjoying the heel turn as well.
9. Hijo del Vikingo (AAA, 23) – The most amazing flyer in the world. I hope he’ll get more play in 2021, but the situation with AAA really worries me.
10. Rey Fenix (AEW/AAA, 30) – A fantastic high flyer. Every match he has is must see.

People that I gave serious consideration to: Kota Ibushi, Tomohiro Ishii, Orange Cassidy, Brodie Lee, Shingo Takagi, Pac, Minoru Suzuki, Go Shiozaki, Nyla Rose, Pentagon Jr., Santana & Ortiz, MJF, Yuji Okabayashi, Chuck & Trent, Sammy Guevara, Darby Allin, Riho, Kento Miyahara, Evil Uno, Alex Reynolds, Stu Grayson

I’m still learning Stardom but Utami Hayashishita seems like she’ll be a quick favorite of mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
His cratering has been limitless.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

IceAgeComing posted:

10. Riho (23, AEW): I've watched a load of Riho's matches from past years over the last few months and its given me a greater appreciation for just how good she is as a wrestler: and its a massive, massive shame that she's not working Stardom anymore. She's the main reason why I tuned into AEW in those first few months: the Emi Sakura singles match felt genuinely special because of the story of those two and it being in this big massive arena: the total opposite of where the two had wrestled for most prior years. I just watched the 2010 Korakuen Hall main event title match between the two and I'd recommend seeking it out: its not an all-time classic but Riho was 12 at the time so that's hardly a reasonable explanation and I've seen a lot worse between very good wrestlers who, well, aren't 12. The best women's wrestler in AEW and someone who its always great to see show up for a show: I hope that she still does some stuff in Japan between times when AEW is her focus.

I only watched about 15 Stardom shows before the end of last year, mainly the tag tournament (which may explain why I feel this way), but I was really disappointed with how Stardom used her. She was the female MVP of AEW in 2019.