Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I think it's wild the people that say poo poo like "I don't want America to be like the middle east" will spend hundreds of dollars to make a whole night of war noise for those of us with real PTSD.

(they want america to be like the middle east.)

(but with jesus/christianity written in place of every muhammed/islam. no content change, just swap the label.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

ArbitraryC posted:

I’m sure this has been answered on a YouTube channel before but are falling bullets really that dangerous? People with a very rudimentary physics analysis might come to the conclusion of parabolic arcs, which is to say an object will have roughly the same speed when it hits the ground as when it left it, but that ignores cases when what was launched is going faster than it’s terminal velocity. Because the bullet has to come to a brief but complete stop if it’s fired vertically before heading back down, the fastest it should be going when it lands is whatever speed balances the force of gravity vs wind residence.

Considering individual bullets are fairy light, I wonder how much damage it’d really cause. Iirc myth busters did an episode of flinging coins off tall buildings and the verdict was it’d hurt obviously but not really wound you outside of incredibly fluke scenarios.

that was a lot of words to ask a 15 second google search that would immediately tell you that yes people are not infrequently killed by falling bullets