Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

My neighbors around me have been lighting off fireworks since about 8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Shadow0 posted:

Hold on, do people actually shoot guns into the air on New Year's Eve or is this a joke that fireworks sound like gunfire?

Actual gun fire on new years is somewhat traditional yeah.

I mean, fireworks is more common but going out into a field and tossing beer cans into the air to blast wouldn't get you a second look.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You're the expert on shooting blanks you tell me

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ArbitraryC posted:

I feel like the Venn diagram of pet owners that never clean up after their poorly trained animals is a 100% overlap with the ones that get upset about fireworks on nye and the 4th.

They’re the kind of person that adopts an animal and brings it home to the shared living situation without running it by anyone else because they think their pet is inherently a we problem and not a me problem.

If your dog freaks out at fireworks in a manner beyond their normal freaking out at people walking in front of a window because they’re poorly trained and largely don’t have their needs met, you can fairly readily get meds from your vet that are safe to use the two times a year this would be an issue, the vet you probably don’t go to because putting effort into your animal outside of getting mad at everyone else is too much to ask of you.

... No.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You're much better than them so it's whomever you'd like to feel are your lessers doing it