Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
If you weren't aware, Sealab 2021 was one of the first programs created for [adult swim], originally airing three pilot episodes during the Clinton administration. While not as beloved at the time as its fellow Williams Street class of '01 shows (Aqua Teen Hunger Force, the Brak Show, and Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law), it's easy to say that hindsight makes it the strongest of the four. In honor of the year it takes place, I'm encouraging the citizens of TV IV to watch this show again, or for the first time. There were 52 episodes produced, which lines up with the 52 weeks of the year. Every Sunday, we'll watch an episode of Sealab 2021 and then talk about it. It's going to be fun!

We start on January 3rd, with the first of the pilot episodes, Radio Free Sealab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Watching I, Robot now, and I immediately remembered a YTMND of Cpt. Murphy making that whirring noise on a loop.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Fabulousity posted:

It's neat how Beck Bristow was a prototype for Xander Crews who was a prototype for Sterling Archer.

Even though Harry Goz died Captain Murphy didn't: He's off fighting in the Spice Wars for eternity.

(he also appears in Archer)

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Who spilled chocolate chip juice on the controls?!

I love how bitchy the monster gets about Dolphin Boy's weight after he burns his finger.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Selling pot......holders.

Made of hemp.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

muscles like this! posted:

For some reason when thinking back on it I remember Sharko as a replacement for Marco being more of a thing but I guess not since it is literally two episodes.

Marco dying was Brian Griffin dying before Brian Griffin died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

muscles like this! posted:

Finished my rewatch and the final episode also states that it is just 4 seasons. So still not sure why HBO Max calls it 5.

It looks like HBO Max divides them based on the year it originally aired.