Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Acceptable uses for mayo:

1. Adhesive in junk food crab cakes

That's it. That's the list.

2. Cole slaw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

The Puppy Bowl posted:

what is the adhesive for good quality crab cakes? I thought it was still mayo. I am making crab cakes today btw

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Without Mayo, we don’t have elote, so Mayo is good.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
It's also the base for a bunch of great aiolis

And you can use it in place of butter on the outsides of your grilled cheese to great effect

Also: Season the poo poo out of it and use it to coat chicken breasts. Works surprisingly well.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/JarJarFan69/status/1344807724052217856?s=19

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Toaster Beef posted:

It's also the base for a bunch of great aiolis

And you can use it in place of butter on the outsides of your grilled cheese to great effect

Also: Season the poo poo out of it and use it to coat chicken breasts. Works surprisingly well.

A few months ago we had the mayo on grilled cheese discussion and it was... controversial to say the least.

I am pro mayo on grilled cheese for the record. Provided you mix in some garlic into it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Toaster Beef posted:

This is basically alabama white sauce isn't it?

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

seiferguy posted:

A few months ago we had the mayo on grilled cheese discussion and it was... controversial to say the least.

I am pro mayo on grilled cheese for the record. Provided you mix in some garlic into it.

I've done it plenty, but still prefer butter. I'm just saying the stuff is crazy versatile, so it's worth having around. I don't think I've willingly put just straight-up meant-to-be-consumed-as-is mayo on anything in ... years.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

FizFashizzle posted:

i really really want to cut down my alcohol consumption in 2021.

ideally i'd get hired, pass that first drug test, and just start smoking weed to relax. i've never really been a stoner and have only smoked like five times in my life but i think it's time.

That was my 2020. Getting properly treated for adhd and not being able to go anywhere helped a lot and I think we ended up spending 5-6x less on booze over the year.. haven't even bought a case of beer once and the savings can go to buying good quality liquor and enjoying it w/o waking up feeling lovely. Winter is the hardest part imo since the day feels done so early. Good luck

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Mayo is fine if you make it yourself. Blac garlic aoili with homemade mayo is the loving poo poo.

Anything made in a store sucks poo poo and tastes like the devil's cum.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Grittybeard posted:

This is basically alabama white sauce isn't it?

Sort of, but I'm talking about using it pre-cooking. You season the mayo (garlic/salt/pepper/rosemary is nice), then coat the chicken breasts, then grill 'em. It's a really effective way to keep the seasoning on the chicken and keep the chicken from sticking.

Also works if you're looking to bread something. Mayo can help make some bomb rear end chicken tenders.

Edit: This is totally unrelated but after almost fourteen years of using these loving forums I just found out that highlighting text and hitting Ctrl+P creates spoiler tags automatically. game changer, imo

Toaster Beef fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jan 1, 2021

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

swickles posted:

Mayo is fine if you make it yourself. Blac garlic aoili with homemade mayo is the loving poo poo.

Anything made in a store sucks poo poo and tastes like the devil's cum.

:hmmyes:

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

CannonFodder posted:

Yes!

Nevermind.

At best, lean into the pickle relish so you're eating an egg with pickle and paprika filling and just enough mayo to keep it all together.

Or you can make soft boiled eggs and use the soft yolk as the binding agent and there I just figured it out.

Post your recipe anyway, I'll take a look. All the ones I found with a cursory look called for like 2x the amount of mayo as egg yolk and like Helmann's Mayo

edit:

Thanks, may try this this weekend

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Samadhi posted:

Post your recipe anyway, I'll take a look. All the ones I found with a cursory look called for like 2x the amount of mayo as egg yolk and like Helmann's Mayo
It's this: https://www.bhg.com/recipe/appetizers-snacks/deviled-eggs/ with some pickle relish. Kinda like the "Greek" version.

Which is why when you said "Less mayo" I backed off.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Add some ketchup and baby you have some Whopper secret sauce.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

There was a cafe in my town that shut down this year after 20+ years of operation, but the owners are working on getting all of their recipes out in cookbook form. It was by far the singularly best breakfast restaurant in a town lousy with great cafes, so they will be missed. However, I just got their newsletter today and they shared their recipe for their creamy potato soup:

Dairyland Cheesy Potato Soup

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Mayo is just thickened oil so use it wherever it makes sense to have thick oil. Or use it however you want - embracing chaos in the kitchen is the true path to flavortown

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Freaquency posted:

Mayo is just thickened oil so use it wherever it makes sense to have thick oil. Or use it however you want - embracing chaos in the kitchen is the true path to flavortown

BRB, putting mayo in my car

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Samadhi posted:

There was a cafe in my town that shut down this year after 20+ years of operation, but the owners are working on getting all of their recipes out in cookbook form. It was by far the singularly best breakfast restaurant in a town lousy with great cafes, so they will be missed. However, I just got their newsletter today and they shared their recipe for their creamy potato soup:

Dairyland Cheesy Potato Soup

That is basically my potato and corn chowder recipe, but I use bacon fat instead of butter, no carrots or cream cheese, and I add frozen corn kernels. I usually try to use cream when I have it, but milk works in a pinch. It's SB's favorite soup that I make.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I ended up making my own Mayo , it’s pretty easy if you have an immersion blender

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Remember the scene from Jurassic Park where the Sam O’Neill got his cheek to the sleeping dinosaurs belly with a big smile on his face as he listens to it breathing? I do that with my puppy all the time

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Remember the scene from Jurassic Park where the Sam O’Neill got his cheek to the sleeping dinosaurs belly with a big smile on his face as he listens to it breathing? I do that with my puppy all the time

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Must go faster, must go faster :flashfap:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

BRB, putting mayo in my car

In the engine or the passenger compartment, either works. No mods no masters :gritin:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Anyone have good kitchenaid mixer recipes? I just made pizza dough and was extremely happy at how fast it kneaded it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

seiferguy posted:

Anyone have good kitchenaid mixer recipes? I just made pizza dough and was extremely happy at how fast it kneaded it.

Its past the season but the kitchenaid stand mixer is key for easily making great holiday egg nog.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

My creatinine and lipase numbers are in acceptable ranges and I'm tolerating oral dilaudid. If I handle solid food for dinner tonight, I get to go home tomorrow. :toot:

And I've been here for two weeks, I'm going nuts.

Timby fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jan 2, 2021

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

yay for good CrT and lipase!

and enjoy that dilaudid!

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

seiferguy posted:

A great lifehack is using the paddle blade to shred chicken. I would make like six breasts for tacos, and just throw them all in the mixer to get a perfect shred.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

FizFashizzle posted:

yay for good CrT and lipase!

and enjoy that dilaudid!

It's only 4mg orally every four hours, but it takes the edge off. Kinder on the stomach than the IV dilaudid is, too.

I'm just ready to go home. A bunch of friends got together and bought me a new bed a few weeks ago (previously, I'd been sleeping on a twin-size mattress from 2004, my senior year of college), but I'd only slept on it for like five or six nights before I went to the ED with the kidney and pancreas issues.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hope you get out of there soon, Timby!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Timby posted:

My creatinine and lipase numbers are in acceptable ranges and I'm tolerating oral dilaudid. If I handle solid food for dinner tonight, I get to go home tomorrow. :toot:

This is great news, hope you get to enjoy your own new bed soon!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
This is more meta commentary on football so I'm putting it here:

College football looks so weird to me these days. I used to watch the hell out of it but have been pretty much exclusively NFL since 2015 or so. The players are slower so things work that look like they shouldn't and it's unexpectedly jarring.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Buy the pasta making attachment and make your own. The obvious ones are the spaghetti and fettuccine, but I love spending an afternoon using the roller to make sheets of pasta dough for ravioli and filling my freezer. It’s expensive but compared to the cost of buying fresh pasta somewhere else you can break even pretty quickly putting it to decent use.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

My mother-in-law has the pasta attachment and she's been trying to foist it on me for years. I've never taken her up on it but I may do. She said it didn't work for her, but I think it might be user error. She's not extra competent in the kitchen beyond the basics and the things she's gotten good at over the years.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I forgot to wish y'all a happy new year. I had one too many last night so I've been chilling on my couch since I didn't have to work today.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/JeffWantPoppers/status/1345088817590632449?s=19

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
New rule for 2021, only Sea Lab memes allowed for the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://twitter.com/thegabafool/status/1345170828514775040?s=21