Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Mayo is fine if you make it yourself. Blac garlic aoili with homemade mayo is the loving poo poo.

Anything made in a store sucks poo poo and tastes like the devil's cum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

New rule for 2021, only Sea Lab memes allowed for the year.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Sorry swickles...

Thats cool, I don't live under Martian Law.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Batman:TAS is now on HBOMax.

As is Batman Beyond which I am less familiar with, so catching up on it now. There is an episode early on where a sound tech guy tries to make Bruce Wayne think he is going ceazy by hearing voices and at the end he says he knew they were coming from somewhere else because the voices in his head don't call him Bruce and I am still processing that.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I was gonna suggest Portal 2 as well, there are also a lot of custom maps but last I checked you had to wade through piles of poo poo to find good ones, but maybe there ia a rating system now.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

A lot of those are chronic issues that stem from essentially a single issue. Anytime you enter a hospital, the discharge diagnoses also include whatever chronic issues you have.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

All I know is I am staunchly opposed to the guy with the Twitter name "Thankful for the FBI and DOJ"

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/MonicaLewinsky/status/1345875168762052609?s=19

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Yeah, it doesn't matter really. Family medicine was designed as a specialty for rural areas where they maybe the only doctor within a hour drive. They know medicine, peds, geriatrics, and even OB/GYN. However, they tend to focus on outpatient and preventative medicine (like they aren't going to be doing surgeries like an OB/GYN). So that being said they are a great choice, especially for women as primary care providers for essentially healthy people. Internal medicine focuses on adults and covers both in patient and out. It really doesn't matter which for a healthy person.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Leper, can you explain to us the proper way to use a can opener on a can of beans?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Intruder posted:

use my penknife my good man

Were you sent here by the devil?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

My dad was in wheel chair since I was 2 years old. He only went with us to Disney a couple times, but when he did he would take me on all the rides, but he wouldn't go on them (at least most of them he couldn't, he couldn't actually get out of the chair). But, since he was my dad they would just plop me on the ride and he would wait for me and off we went to the next one, skipping the lines each time.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The Good Dinosaur is a good movie to watch high. But that's about it.

This brings up the question, what is a bad movie to watch high? We ate some edibles before going to see District 9 because I think we all thought it was going to just be a standard alien sci fi movie with pew pew guns and space fights, but it was not a great atmosphere for being stoned.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Skwirl posted:

I used to live and work around the corner from Pixar and got to be drinking buddies with a security guard there so he gave a group of us a tour, they don't do public tours, you can only get in if you know someone. There's a section of the office that's usually half displaying concept art and what not from their latest movie and half displaying original art from the animation and art staff, but because The Good Dinosaur came out so quickly after Inside Out it was all concept art.

I'm still pissed off about that. I wanted to see what the Pixar people did when they weren't working on a movie that had been focus grouped to death.

I am not sure if this is still true now (it probably is) but like 10 years ago (maybe 15 at this point) a guy from Pixar gave a talk to my friend's class at RIT about the computing requirements Pixar has and he told them that they actually weren't limited by RAM or CPU but by power consumption while rendering scenes.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

We Jackin it tonight?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/status/1346615467243417600

I would not want to go in front of the committee specifically designed to go viral roasting your rear end

gently caress, Congressional hearings are about to become some real Must See TV poo poo.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Timby posted:

Y'all open to a newb?

Always

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

:hf:

I won't be able to tonight - currently trying to get a really fussy 4yo out of her meltdown mode but I'm going to loving do it soon. I'm intrigued.

Just give her some starts with a D and pop on in!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Grace Spelman created Twitter list with various reporters and such that are following everything in DC today, its been pretty good so far...

https://twitter.com/GraceSpelman/status/1346835795882221568?s=20

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

gently caress the Police and all that but a big reason why you are seeing the restraint is that Capitol Police aren't like the DC Police, they are more a security service like the Secret Service and spend their time securing the buildings and such instead of serving warrants and turning random confrontations into deadly poo poo. They are far better trained than regular police.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

a neat cape posted:

Where the gently caress is the national guard

The mayor and the Speaker's office just asked.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

So the guy is just live tweeting all the evidence a DA needs for terrorism charges, cool.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/MichaelRyanRuiz/status/1346918025262485505?s=20

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Blowjob Overtime posted:

A couple of guys walked by the PBS reporter in front of the capitol and said something about her wearing a mask. She took it as an opportunity to say they're making sure to hang back because the "protestors" are using vulgar language and waving vulgar signs to disrupt their broadcast, and they're hanging back to be mindful of what they broadcast. gently caress that, this isn't a god drat sitcom being aired in primetime, it's a historical event. Who loving cares if we hear some curses or see bad words??

The FCC gives no fucks and fines for literally any and everything they can. MSNBC had a shot with someone with a gently caress ANTIFA shirt for far longer than they realized and will probably get a fine.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Can the FCC fine cable stations?

^^^^. Either way, PBS is not a cable station and they absolutely would get fined by a Republican led FCC because they hate PBS.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Anyone else really hoping someone falls off that scaffolding?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I think my parents are finally understanding Twitter. I am watching all this go down with them, but I am also on my phone/laptop with Twitter and the forums open and I am telling them stuff that doesn't show up on the news for 20-30 minutes.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Kalli posted:

Lmao, in the 2 minutes since it was posted and quoted, it got the Red twitter mark of shame

I haven't seen the "due to risk of violence" part before.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Pleeeeeasssseeeee....

https://twitter.com/RepCori/status/1346926083350794240?s=20

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

In non sedition news, I need a recommendation from a Packers fan. I want to get a coffee table style book about the Packers for a friend of mine. Just needs to be easy/light reading and preferably soft cover instead of hard back. Anyone have sone recs?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Found the new spiderman pointing meme:

https://twitter.com/sjxclusivee/status/1346979605903769610?s=19

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

pmchem posted:

Because, as written, it’s false. 2.8m people died in the US in each of 2018 and 2019. That’s nearly 8k people/day on average.

They didn't die from a single cause dipshit

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Happy Birthday SB, may your cakes and pizza be filled with pineapple!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Freaquency posted:

Dogs wearing clothes and clearly hating it is the funniest loving thing to me.

This is the point in time where I remind us all of the distressing fact that we as a society pay more for dog clothes annually than the government invests into science and math education.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Happy birthday titty kisser, kiss some titties on this day. Also hoping good things for Mama Titty Kisser.

In other news:

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1347950816150351873?s=19

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/Schwarzenegger/status/1348249481284874240?s=19

Man, this makes me think in an alternate dimension where you don't have to be a natural born citizen to be President, Arnold is in his 2nd term and while things aren't great, they aren't what we have now. Also, Arnold has always seem to have had compassion so I bet race/immigrant relations are a lot better. Still no Medicare for All though, because he would be bought by the insurance industry for sure.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Yeah, I wasn't heralding Arnold as a great leader, I was contrasting him to Trump as Entertainer turned Politician and what we could expect as a difference between the two. Arnold is much more grounded and has demonstrated empathy and compassion before, as well as being a positive motivator (he regularly posts on reddit bodybuilding forums giving advice and encouragement). He is also not anti-immigrant or (overtly) racist. I know this hurdle is miniscule, but the modern GOP as a whole can't even clear it. He could easily be a Biden-esque democrat in terms of policy, which is more damning of the DNC than it is of Arnold.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Hopefully that's only people who actually broke in. Folks being put on the terrorists list for attending a protest is a really bad thing. It's something that I've heard of happening to leftists and war protesters so at least it'd be more deserved here. Still hosed.

Naw, turn the loving machine against those who created and enabled it. gently caress em. The only way to get any semblence of correction on this issue is to make those in power the victims of their own machine. Its only a small chance to get them to reconsider their stance, but its the only one that has the ability to do so.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

shirts and skins posted:

Haha, I genuinely forgot about Raul. This is all entrenchment to gently caress with Biden, right?

For sure, and it will also cement Florida for Republicans for a while because it will force the Dems to react.

Catching up on Pirate LeBatard and he mentioned that Biden's camp wanted him to moderate a discussion between Biden and Latin leaders in Florida but of course Disney quashed it. Really would have been interesting to see how that would have turned out and how much effect it would have had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Snopes has been weird lately. The source they are using is the guys wife, who wasn't there with him. Last week The Dollop got into a Twitter fight with them for saying that Feinstein didn't fly the Confederate flag in San Francisco )she absolutely did and there are tons of articles and eye witnesses).