Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Anybody got recommendations for an engaging non-fiction book?

I normally just read depressing non-fiction but I just read a non-fiction novel for the first time in forever and guess what? Turns out reading for entertainment is awesome!!!

If you watched the Chernobyl miniseries a few years back and enjoyed it (as much as one could "enjoy" it), Midnight In Chernobyl is excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

For pizza goons, have you tried using cornmeal between the dough and your cooking surface? Lots of pro pizza places sprinkle a bit of that (instead of flour), it seems to do a better job of preventing sticking.

I work at a bar that makes fancy pizzas in an insanely expensive wood fired oven and this is correct. You don't need a ton of it either, just a decent sized pinch

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Blowjob Overtime posted:

How fine of cornmeal are we talking? I have tried before without any improvement over flour, but I think it was pretty course ground. Also I'm using a metal sheet pan as a peel, which probably isn't doing me any favors (I assume dough sticks to metal more than wood).

it's pretty coarse, but like you said we use a wooden peel to slide it into the oven and a thin metal one to get it out, so it's probably worth it to spend the 15-20 bucks on a wooden one from amazon.