Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Kafka on the Shore was a deeply embarrassing book and Murakami is a joke of an author

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

Here's a mix tape of Bob Dylan.

After listening to it, from then on, he only took good poops

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Congratulations

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Just moved apartments in tokyo and man Im never packing another mother loving box after having this service do it for me. They moved all my poo poo starting from 9am and done by 6 including beds, couch, ac, fridge, washer all installed too.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im never packing a goddamn thing again after my last move where they did it for me. Its a loving fools errand, a chumps challenge, a quacks quest.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I went to college somewhere that liquor was as cheap and more accessible than beer, so no.

I just hit my 10 year working anniversary and have become the man that my team reports to and anyway this is my beautiful house, my beautiful wife, and my beautiful automobile

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shakespeare in Love was at least a popular movie people saw.

I have now made my singular defense of Shakespeare in Love

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So what I'm hearing is I'll be able to get a severely discounted house in New Orleans soon, but the downside is it will still have the old occupants inside?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Free above ground pool.

You can't trick me, thats just a fancy way of saying "bathtub"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

"I'm so hosed up" says Shinji, his hand covered in horse paste

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

They should absolutely be charged with assault and, if anyone dies, manslaughter.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So I guess I'm going into work tomorrow telling everyone at my office they missed their chance to go to New Orleans and they'll need to visit another city

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Apparently the law just lets common citizens sue each other if they think someone got an abortion? Seems absolutely insane to me. When do we start up a fund to sue every Republican in the state over suspicions of abortion?

Non-stop suits every time an affair comes out and laffo if you don't

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thaddius the Large posted:

How many Cinderella movies have there been in the last 20 years? I feel like we get a new version constantly

An absolute fuckload because its public domain and actually does well unlike Robin Hood.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Ok. Someone tell me what crazy drug is going to be the next trend among idiots so I can invest early.

Some study said the way certain snakebites work is a similar mechanism to how covid kills you which lead to some people claiming snake poison was the cure for Covid. Now I'm not sure it'll catch on, I think they'll all decided snake antivenom is the cure, but its one to watch out for.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I'd prefer he get his name taken off the building in Chicago because its a lovely building otherwise and it fucks up the river skyline.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

In the most recent one he also talks a little bit about Trump v Hillary in the context of Saints v Falcons and fittingly I hate the comparison because I want my team to be neither one.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wonder whatever happened to Herman Caine. Probably living a rich life on that farm upstate with my childhood dog

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im trying to make it to Friday morning and ignore all my meetings so I can watch football.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Robert E. Lee also wasnt just defeated because the union army had more dudes, he got trucked by other late war generals and was contained well enough that he got to surrender last because the area he was fighting in was who gives a poo poo while Atlanta falls.

Also loving lmao pickets charge aka the thing every single WWI european general should have looked at and gone "hrmmmmmmmm"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

a neat cape posted:

the US won the soccer

Still not gonna qualify

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bathtubs exist for murdering your loved ones within and anyone who claims to use it for cleanliness has killed and will kill again

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

You mean Deathloop? I wanna play it but alas I only have PS4 and gently caress paying $700+ for one off Ebay. I can wait.

I'm so far behind on games in general I only just finished Prey. When I originally tried it I bounced off it hard but really enjoyed it this time. It was the same with Dishonored 1/2 so maybe I'll try those again soon.

Lmao, Microsoft's first party moves a PS5

Barudak
May 7, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Managed to get to a beach right as the sun was setting, and as it set, asked my girlfriend to marry me...

She said yes :)

Congrats. Now all you have to do is figure out how to break the news to your wife

Barudak
May 7, 2007

As is custom in my family whoever my child brings home gets to rip out my still beating heart. If the flames burn their hand so they drop it and fail the ritual they have to eat at the kids table for one (1) thanksgiving before they can eat with the adults.

harperdc posted:

my wife is just a few days from being fully 5G compliant, and Japan is looking likely to raise the State of Emergency on places soon. the vaccination rates here are looking as good or better than the U.S., so if the hospitalization is getting better as well we should be well enough to stop being a full-time hermit this fall. I'm also thinking of getting a car soon, need to ask the staff of our building about parking spots soon.

Every bar and restaurant except Gyu-goddamn-kaku and Hai Di loving Lao are acting like the state of emergency is already over. Still want lower hospitalization numbers though

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Oh no. No Time to die is so bad I walked out with 40 minutes to go. Ana de armas couldn't keep me in it.

Im so loving sad. I love James bond movies.

Aww you didn't get to see the ending twist that is like the only reason anyone at all will ever remember this movie spoilers James Bond dies at the end

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BlindSite posted:

I honestly couldn't take it anymore. Me and my dad watched bond movies through the years. This poo poo honestly just made me sadder and sadder as it went on. I might have missed that but it was already loving dead I'm honestly kind of pissed off.

The Daniel Craig Bond flms ended up like the Brosnan ones, an absolutely incredible opener and then a sudden steep drop into mediocrity it never recovered from. Unfortunately for Craig his films had the added weight of not being allowed to be impossibly stupid like Brosnan's so there isn't even a warm blanket of stupid later to come back to.

It's also astounding to me that by the end of Craig's run it is super super super obvious they wanted a heavy continuity story but each one feels completely disjointed from the other, rushing to establish new things never raised or mentioned before in the previous installments but expecting you to have a weight and feeling for them. It's like they all agreed to undermine themselves even though it took like 3+ years for each film so they obviously weren't exactly going to fast.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Honestly it's even worse than that. It almost felt like watching a bad impression of a bond movie. Like it was trying to mock the format.

Someone else in Cinema Discusso mentioned it but it feels like it for some reason wanted to subvert Bond films but not because it has a good story to tell but because it is embarassed of its own format.

Like, Mission Impossible seems to be doing just a-ok fine pulling in the big bucks and every single one is a spy thriller without whatever the hell the people making the last 4 bond films have thought he needed.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Will the cops make my dads life hell burying him in litigation?

I'm not an expert but, I'd explore all possibilities with your lawyer

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Condolences. We're here to provide whatever we can.

If you have the energy and strength, feel free to tell us a story about her.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Condolences, TT. What were they like?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tokyo is down to 130 cases a day, holy poo poo thats good. gently caress em up general populace getting vaccinated as fast as you can and obeying all recommended health and safety guidelines

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Everything else aside that kid just looks weird and should probably not ever be photographed in a suit.

Seems undignified to bury him nude, but I guess you're right, the dead can't complain.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I don't know what Topher Grace is up to lately but I have a suspicion a steady paycheck is 100% not beneath him.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ehud posted:

I’m in love with Metroid Dread.

I wonder if the YOUNG FOLKS enjoy it or if it’s a bunch of olds like me buying it.

There are posts explaining the game in terms of Dark Souls so yes, young people are buying it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm trying to find a way to phrase what I think should happen to that judge as parody.

I think they should be tried as a child in their own court

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I found horseradish in Japan and have gone mad with flavor

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Good

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You'd think that, but there are many VPs attached to all those stores so they want them open, they just want no humans working them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I deeply hate all the crime/murder fetishization poo poo. It’s loving perverted and I wish we were a less broken nation so this trend would die

Its huge globally. Its the number 1 category in most markets worldwide. There are approximately an N number of them in china where N=Infinity

Barudak fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Oct 15, 2021