Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

SundayMoney posted:

I've got to lose weight, I'm way too fat and it's just depressing if I'm being honest. So going to try and change my diet and do some weightlifting as I have weights at home to try and make 2021 better than 2020

Same. I've let myself go way too far over the past couple of years, and I'm tired of feeling like poo poo. I have goals I want to accomplish this year, I turn 40 in a few months, and I just want to feel like I'm moving forward after last year stagnated me.

Happy New Year, everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

i really really want to cut down my alcohol consumption in 2021.

ideally i'd get hired, pass that first drug test, and just start smoking weed to relax. i've never really been a stoner and have only smoked like five times in my life but i think it's time.

Yeah, I'm in a similar mindset. I really want (and need, if things go to plan) to kick alcohol to the curb, and smoking weed might be a good alternate. I've only smoked weed like once, though, and having a stoner brother hasn't given me a good impression of it, even though I know that has much more to do with my problems with my brother than weed itself

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Georgia just elected two Dem senators, clearly this is a sign we want to work with Republicans. loving idiot.

Already preparing us for two years of doing nothing

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

The fallout from the damage done to our country today continues to escalate.

https://twitter.com/Twitch/status/1347003152222937088

I know this is from a few pages back, but Gootecks falling down the chud rabbit hole that he did just bums me out.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I can’t believe you guys watched all that last night.

Has anybody asked how none of these traitors have jobs? What they can all just head to DC during the middle of a work week? A bunch of lazy bums mooching off the government, I tell you what.

Seriously though, I hope at some point someone faces real consequences for this poo poo. I am really sick and tired of watching fascists pull poo poo like this and walk away while the left gets beat and bloodied.

I'm more hopeful that something is going to happen to one or two of these assholes, but I'm still not expecting much. Maybe after Biden is sworn in, but who knows

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
I've already had way more drinks in the past couple of days than I had planned on for the next month.

poo poo's beyond exhausting, and who knows what's going to happen in two weeks

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Then we wouldn't be dealing with a normal shitposter. He would have ascended.

gently caress, I almost want to see him try this.

Imagine like Verizon having to block the Presidential Alert system because Don can't stop posting

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Jones has been pretty anti-QAnon from the beginning, but it was less "you guys are full of poo poo" and more "you guys are infringing on my grift."

Also for all his bluster, Info Wars was claiming right up until Ashli Babbitt was killed that Jones was leading the march on the Capitol building (because Trump personally asked Alex to, of course), and once that news broke, Jones switched right into "it was ANN-TEE-FAH!!!!" mode

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

Also, you nerds will like this. Sound needed.

https://i.imgur.com/ZrPSCns.mp4

Okay, I love this.

Kojima predicting the future was not on my bingo card

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Holy christ, are you loving serious? Our government is finding itself unable to operate because our elected officials aren't allowed to carry loaded guns into chambers?

On one hand, I absolutely don't believe that any Congressperson should be carrying guns into chambers, and that a lot of this is performative bullshit by 2A nutcases, but on the other, I wonder how many started carrying after Wednesday. AOC said that she thought she was going to die, and I'm sure she was far from the only one:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1349217142407745538

BuzzFeed News posted:

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said in an Instagram Live on Tuesday night that she had a “very close encounter” on Jan. 6, the day of the violent insurrection at the US Capitol, and that she thought she "was going to die.”

Ocasio-Cortez did not provide many details about what happened to her on Jan. 6, saying she was not certain if she could "disclose the full details" given security issues. But she called the encounter “traumatizing," saying, “I did not know if I was going to make it to the end of that day alive.”

The Democrat said that she worried during the storming of the Capitol about other members of Congress knowing her location, saying she was concerned there were colleagues “who would create opportunities to allow me to be hurt, kidnapped, etc.” She said that she “didn’t feel safe around other members of Congress.”

And speaking of AOC:

https://twitter.com/Public_Citizen/status/1349225421536071681

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1350251971207442432
https://twitter.com/_rbush/status/1350256612586483721

Perfectly normal

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

Amazing, he pardoned a big city mayor from the early 2000s but it wasn't Giuliani

Barring a last minute change of heart (which would require people drafting docs for him on AF1), no pardons for capitol rioters

Those people are loving s c r e w e d

Why would he pardon them, they're a bunch of losers who couldn't overturn an election.

C-Euro posted:

Nothing has convinced me that the Q Crew doesn't own the GOP going forward.

Maybe Trump getting deplatformed slows its spread throughout the party but I don't see how you deescalate the movement, at least while Trump is alive.

Just like Elvis, Trump is going to die making GBS threads on a toilet, and there'll be conspiracies for decades to come that Trump is still alive and just travelling around the US. Trump will ascend to godhood and the people who believe that will become the new face of the GOP

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Well that was awful. So where were we on November 7th 2016?

I was at work, and I remember commenting to a coworker, "Y'know, I think Trump might pull this off," and he was all "Naaaaaah, you're just worrying over nothing."

A couple of days later, I'm arguing with a pro-Trump coworker who was making fun of people being upset over Trump winning

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Intruder posted:

https://twitter.com/HarrisonCLee/status/1352081654077132802

People are going to spend years and years in jail because they stormed the capitol for this man

:stare:

jfc, I don't remember that happening at all

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Paint Crop Pro posted:

https://twitter.com/SashaMichelle89/status/1352447838484094981

This is going to be the next 4 years and frankly I preferred Trump posting.

Already in the more liberal political groups I'm in are griping about leftists attacking Democrats. They spent months arguing with leftists about voting for Biden, telling them that if they got Dems control of Congress that they could force them leftward, and now they're complaining that leftists aren't doing it the right way. While doing that, they tout what progressive things that Biden has done as a sign that he'll be the most progressive President of our lifetimes and ignore that constant pressure from the left might have been a factor in that.

I'm very frustrated by it

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

General Dog posted:

Ugh, you're being a real INTJ right now

I once dated a woman who used this exact line on me. We were lying in bed after she had explained why she liked Myers-Briggs so much, and I was trying to explain to her how personality tests were flawed (I was a psych major, so I was familiar with a lot of them at the time). After I finished, she just looked at me and said the line, and then smiled like it was totally expected of me. I let it drop after that.

We didn't last long.

Spoeank posted:

Stevie P obliterating Alex Jones' entire universe after he took Pieczenik's side in the Pieczenik/David Knight was one of the funniest comeuppances I have ever seen. But the boog telling him that he's old, useless, and all bluster and talk was a close second.

And then the boog calling him out for firing Knight was just icing on the cake :discourse:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Skwirl posted:

So my hair has gotten long enough I need to use hair ties to keep it out of my face, but not long enough yet that the hair ties actually work very well.

This is where I'm at. Also, I'm not very good at tying my hair, so I always have loose strands flopping around

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Intruder posted:

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1359216540416151561

who is even the target audience for this?

Of all the CW shows they've put out as of late, I might actually watch this, just to see how long the premise can last

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Christ I missed that this happened earlier.

You think you're seeing all of it and it just keeps going. Around the 10 second mark where they pause you're already like 'holy poo poo that's terrible.'

e: took that out of inline posting because some people obviously didn't make it. It's not graphic but giant, giant multiple car crash scene that you can only take in from helicopter.

I didn't hear about this until just now, so I had to look it up. Over 130 vehicles were in the wreck, jfc. The fact that only six people are dead is a loving miracle

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Spoeank posted:

The only valid horseshoe theory is dumbasses on Twitter

https://twitter.com/ConceptualJames/status/1359206984248156162?s=19

God, every time I read something from James Lindsay I swear he's getting dumber and dumber

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Trotting Aonuma out at the end only to have him say "no BOTW 2 news, also here's a remaster of a game almost no one actually liked" is an S-tier troll.

I watched the Grumps' LP of Skyward Sword last year, and I doubt even making motion controls optional can save it.

Also, lol at it being priced at sixty USD. Zelda's 35th anniversary is off to a rousing start but it's still going to be miles better than whatever Metroid gets.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Pops Mgee posted:

Did Nintendo even acknowledge F-Zero turned 30 last year?

Not that I noticed!

Intruder posted:

How can you possibly make Skyward Sword's motion controls optional with the fighting system

By mapping your sword to the right control stick, going by the trailer

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/1362574783003561984

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Them not knowing that takes this article from insanely bad to insanely funny.

I honestly have no idea if they didn't, or if it's just part of a troll

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Paint Crop Pro posted:

I didnt realize the person who made this tweet was a designer for Tekken for the past 27 years. That is pretty good.

Harada's great.

https://twitter.com/_dpiddy/status/1203660245018411010

:golfclap:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Things are going to have to come to a head on DMCA stuff. I've had friends who have had old videos from like eight years ago deleted off of their social media recently because there was ten seconds of a song in the background.

Music labels really are the worst

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
To the surprise of no one:

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1362861019819728896

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Kalli posted:

how dare you, the man is an artist

ngl, I would totally buy a Toriyama-designed vehicle.

I imagine Emilio Estevez had that exact same look on his face when he was asked to come back for a Mighty Ducks show

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

harperdc posted:

Also there’s rumor that the Japan Olympic Committee is looking at restricting crowd sizes at events and not allowing visitors from overseas, which is the only real way this thing will get done this year. Note that Japanese pro soccer and baseball has had crowds (of various percentage of full) since last July, and they tend to follow rules like “no yelling” pretty well.

I mean, I would have assumed that would be a given out the gate

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

I mean... the Royal Family has certainly affected a lot of people of color over the centuries

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Intruder posted:

If you actually like Mario stuff check out Mario 35, it's super interesting

Basically you're playing the first game with a bunch of other people and every enemy you kill can send that enemy to others and vice versa, last person to die wins. You can use coins to buy powerups and there's a timer which you increase the value of by killing enemies

e: and it's free

Isn't that going away soon, or did Nintendo decide not to kill it at the end of their Mario celebration?

Also to add to Mario Maker 2, there's a lot of junk, but there's also full Mario games made by some very talented creators, so if you know where to look, you can basically get several Mario games for the price of one

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Seems pretty consistent with his reviews:

https://twitter.com/NickXHall/status/1372653588636401665

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The new series starts with the Ducks team being the elitist bully team now because why not.

My vibe from watching one of the trailers for the reboot was that some Disney exec watched Cobra Kai and wanted their own version of it and went "so what if the Ducks are the bad guys now?!"

And as for my feelings on the Snyder Cut:

https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1372533375697874946

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Kalli posted:

There's a study that using female hormones helps protect against the ravages of covid, so that's one way to kill two birds with one stone.*

https://www.cedars-sinai.org/newsroom/study-progesterone-therapy-might-improve-covid-19-outcomes-for-men/

Now I'm expecting this to come up in a Knowledge Fight episode this week because I'm sure Alex Jones is going to read some blurb about it and bitch about how they're trying to weaken men everywhere.

Jesus loving christ

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
So I've been catching some episodes of Young Rock that air after Raw, and I'm becoming convinced that Dwayne Johnson created the show to prime viewers for a real Presidential campaign in a few years

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

General Dog posted:

Finally a context where Tucker's weird confused resting face is appropriate

I feel like I had the same expression on my face while watching that

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Lendale White is the most famous person to graduate from my high school

I looked up mine, and the most notable is Dylan Thompson.

But from people I know from high school, a kid I knew from kindergarten up until we graduated became the chairman (or secretary, I don't remember) of the state GOP party for a minute, and a former friend tried to burn down the restaurant he co-owned while trying to commit insurance fraud

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

What are the chances that the "throes of passion" were with the underage teenager? Just :barf:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

The Hornets announcer crew is pretty drat good, y'all

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Cool, cool.

cool

:sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
https://twitter.com/jaay_cool/status/1384582904861364226