Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I have one goal for 2020 and that's to spend more weekends doing stuff than inside playing video games and drinking. Next weekend I'm picking up my first rifle and taking it to go put metal bits through paper and then I have a date with a nice lady (this ones not even married and could be considered age appropriate).

I also have a workout goal, last year was to add size and I managed to increase my deadlift, bench, OHP and backsquat but a whole lot. This year I'm starting off the first 3 months with a power building program. I'm also going to more seriously start thinking about my career because I'm 32 and should probably stop doing something I hate just because it pays the bills before I'm 50 and living out MattRyan.txt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

5 day work weeks suck after two short ones.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Interesting day hey guys.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Your country might actually need a purge night.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Did you actually watch those movies? The Purge was a plan from the rich elites in order to cull the population of the poor.

COVID has basically been our version of it.

I watched like half the 2nd one and I was kinda not sober.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I'm honestly curious how the NFL is gonna address this on Saturday. Because they almost have to, but it's completely ridiculous that they will.

I would think they'll just play the anthem with players in the tunnel and just get on with it tbh.

There's money to be made!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Speaking of Rona we had 1 caught by a cleaner working at a quarantine hotel.

Whole city is going into 3 day lockdown. Mandatory masks outside the home from 6pm today.

Im kinda torn. I had a huge weekend planned including a date and picking up my rifle and fishing and seeing family. Now I get to stay home alone. But at least if theres more cases out there we can stop the infection almost immediately.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

harperdc posted:

man the reaction in Australia is really something to see. It still feels weird to see friends in Sydney or Melbourne without masks on doing...normal...things, or to hear about life as usual there, or see sports filled up with spectators. and I know it's been different depending on states, but they've taken it as seriously as I'd hoped the U.S. would have.

meanwhile there's a new state of emergency for Tokyo and the surrounding area that means people should work from home, restaurants should close by 8 pm, and events will be restricted in capacity and until 8 pm. This as Tokyo shot over 2,400 new cases (with a ridiculously high positive rate from tests) and Japan over 7,000 for the first time.

and waking up to an attempted autogolpe yesterday was certainly a hell of a thing.

I'm in Brisbane so I have literally never had to wear a mask through this whole thing and things were almost normalish from around August.

Apparently this is a specific plan for the UK strain of Covid - which apparently is highly contagious. The plan was put in place at the federal level and agreed to by all states and territories.

If its detected anywhere theres an immediate lockdown for 3 days with mandatory mask usage and see where we're at 3 days later.

Im happy the response is mostly positive as in "let's beat this poo poo" with a few lone nutters whinging about govt control but the general response all over social media seems to be "shut up oval office".

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a neat cape posted:

I'm still really loving mad about yesterday.

At least not 0 congress people poo poo themselves? I mean it sucked but if you need a silver lining?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Freaquency posted:

He really is going to track down every underling with a Twitter account and co-opt it isn’t he?

I have no account but I must post

Big monkeu energy from Donald Trump.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Oh cool, Elon Musk reinvented indentured servitude.

https://twitter.com/mexieYT/status/1348004702085128199?s=20

Yeah but... with ten of us we can take the place over.

Itll be a bunch of tech nerds and rich pampered cunts. A few sharp sticks, we work as a team. We're running things.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

My friend, go to youtube and put the word "dashcam" in and then just watch everything that comes up

Anything Russian is a good watch thats for sure

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I had subway for lunch. Its overrated.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Spoeank posted:

Subway is to sandwiches what taco bell is to Mexican food.

If you want a sando, you dont go to subway. You only go when you want subway

Also subway was the likely culprit that gave me hep a as a kid. Enjoy!

You go there when you forget your lunch and the other options are a bakery, fish and chip shop or McDonald's.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Like, it doesn't matter what the health standards are at a corporate level. If you get hepatitis from fast food it means a minimum wage worker didn't wash their hands properly after taking a poo poo.

True, but there's always failures in a system. When I spent time in South East Asia if I was flying the next day I chose McDonalds over street food cause I didn't want to explode from my rear end on the flight home. It was wise. When we hit turbulence coming back my friend with bubble guts was weighing up making GBS threads himself or running to the toilets while the plan was moving pretty violently. I just listened to Metallica on my ipod and poo poo myself figuratively with my guts comfortably not churning.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Speaking of guns. Picking my rifle today. P excited

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

General Dog posted:

I finally re-watched Tenet with subtitles and I still didn’t know what the gently caress was going on the majority of the time. If the premise of your action movie renders all of the set pieces incoherent, it’s a bad premise, I’m sorry Chris.

Its both the dumbest story and best visual work of Christopher Nolan.

If we're honest with ourselves despite Bane being better than then the joker (fight me irl), the 3rd batman movie was pretty retarded from the opening and didn't get better.

Fun as gently caress, but stupid as poo poo.

Nolan peaked with his ww2 movie.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Man who sucks baby dicks with a gobful of wine says vaccine bad.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah but like... gently caress orthodox rabbis.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

So I see you've taken the vaccine. :hmmyes:

Jokes on you, I was already gay. Gay for chicks.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lol if you haven't been using signal for over a year

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Master Stur posted:

Musk is just promoting his brand to keep pumping Tesla stock

He does this like every 2 weeks just to make everyone on twitter cook off. Works every time.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Speaking of TBI

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a neat cape posted:

I didn't realize they ended the DC Animated Movie Universe last year.

I'm sad now.

Its ok friend. There's money to be made. It'll be back.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I don't know a ton about the Kilpatrick scandal, but wasn't he a super corrupt Democrat?

I read about this dude a few months ago and if I'm thinking of the same guy he did a bunch of poo poo they could prove like stealing a poo poo load of money and a bunch of stuff they couldn't like probably (definitely) arranging a cop to kill a stripper his wife got into a fight with.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

My signature started easy to read and its steadily become gibberish over the last ten years.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

My friend told me about putting 5 tourniquets on someone once to stop a bleed. I dunno why I assumed one would be enough like the movies.

Thats my medicine story.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

E:fb.

Don't actually know what a clip is, but I'm pretty sure I can google some words in the post below this to figure it out.
Double edit quote is not edit.

A clip is usually used to load rounds into a weapon.

Think ww2 movies. Where the dudes using the m1 garand (long rifle that goes PING! When empty) and they push a little brick of bullets held with a strip of metal in the top. That's a clip.

When the dude in apocalypse now taps the ammo on his head and in its in the box and inserts it in the bottom thats a magazine.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bernie should have rushed the stage and grabbed the mic, cut a sick promo and flipped off the crowd.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

I never knew I’d experience priapism just witnessing a slight degree of executive competency.

The preceding circus broke me on like day two, with Spicer arguing over loving photos of crowd sizes.

If elections last for more than 4 years consult your faucisician.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dudes I'm tired come Fridays now. 5 workouts at 5am, full days work. Takes it outta ya I tells ya what.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

How is your state doing in terms of Covid? I'm super jealous of being able to reliably go to gym and just, IDK, use a treadmill and poo poo

poo poo, I'd settle for a haircut, my last one was mid-november

0 community transmission at the moment. 23 active cases but they're all in hotel quarantine.

Our whole country has had 0 acquired cases in the last 24 hours and just 8 over the last week. All contact traced and isolated.

We had a scare two weeks ago when a hotel cleaner picked up the UK strain but she isolated and got tested as soon as she felt sick. So two weeks we all wore masks etc but restrictions have almost all been lifted. We just have to sign in when we go places for tracking purposes.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

wandler20 posted:

Anyone following the Gamestop stock poo poo? One redditor is up over $7m. My buddy got in before it took off and made $25k today alone, up about $36k total.

No, I dumped all my money into oil stocks when the pandemic hit and the crash caused me to lose like 30k, well not lose cause I didn't take anything out. It's up like 40% since then. I'm still kicking myself I didn't get my bank to let me go interest only on my loans and dump more cash into it, but eh, that's stonks.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Tried some waterless wash and wax to clean my car today. Other than needing like 4 microfibre cloths. It turned out way better than I expected.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

Yea. I broke down band bought one. I play the lotto a few times a year when it gets really big, but I have the money to blow on the lotto.

I have a lotto app and it sends you an alert when you have a win. It's kind of cool but kind of annoying because it just says "you're a winner" and you know its not going to be the big one but a little part of you thinks... could it be.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its Rinaldo posted:

While I get and sympathize with that, this particular tweet complaining an old man looks unhappy to be outside in January is perhaps not the best take they could make.

Theres a rage machine that's been spinning in the red for like 4 years. It doesn't just turn off because the big bad is gone. You've got a bunch of people locked in their homes for almost a year with nothing to do but mainline being online.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I got two double yolkers when I made eggs this morning.

Good start to the day.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'll always remember that game against the Pats when he was a dolphin and just carved the patriots up on Monday night. I was home sick with the flu and expected the Pats to just poo poo house them and Cutler suddenly looked like an all pro that game.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Or weight lifting and star war

In cooking chat:

Im being a lazy oval office and making fries in my oven im gonna smother them in instant gravy and shredded cheese from a bag.

Youre free to judge me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Alaois posted:

gently caress yeah we call them disco fries around here, usually the cheese is mozzarella

Theyre called that in this house from this day forward too.

I have some blend of mozzarella and cheddar and parmesean.