Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Ehud posted:

2020 chat thread's biggest losers!

code:
Skwirl					3604
Intruder				3458
Spoeank					3323
Kalli					3283
General Dog				2346
Hot Diggity!				2332
Its Rinaldo				2238
Mel Mudkiper				2051
Bird in a Blender			1924
C-Euro					1917
Blowjob Overtime			1914
Ehud					1898
Grittybeard				1885
Shimrra Jamaane				1748
Samadhi					1722
indigi					1658
Paint Cr
hifi					1157
Chichevache				1120
Impossibly Perfect Sphere		1061
Nick Jr. Face				1039
Amy Pole Her				1011

Mel still in the top-10 despite missing a huge chunk of the year. RIP Mel, you had a brain disease. :stare:

Edit: slept until 9:00 today. This is the first morning in weeks I've actually woken up feeling well rested.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jan 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Cavauro posted:

thinking about buying a gun

Potato or normal?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Re: losing weight.

300 lbs in high school

Dropped to 240 in the years after I graduated due to exercising and watching what I ate a lot more closely. Stayed there until my 30s.

Dropped to 193 by the time I was 34 because I had a job moving containers around a warehouse all day and didn't stop for lunch.

Up to 213 (likely more after the past week :sweatdrop:) since my daughter was born.

I suspect my knees and back will feel better if I can drop that last 20 again, but it's tough. Being able to go to work and not have easy access to food made it really easy to not snack, and effectively having to work out as a job made it easy to excercise. Gonna have to work on portion control but I have a hard time not stress eating especially now that I'm home all the time.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Kids woke up at 6a which sucked, but gave me time to make a good breakfast and watched some Octonauts with them. Looking forward to nap time.

This year's gonna be the hear I get my weight down. I'm 6'2" at 255lbs. I carry it will so I don't look overweight, but it's time to make a change. Can't get winded carrying a laundry basket up two floors...

Creature report!
Creature report!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Kalli posted:

I have one simple trick and it involves anesthesia and 7 doctors.

E:

https://twitter.com/JoseCanseco/status/1344911255161618437

I've considered it before but I really don't like going the surgery route. Which is not me saying I disapprove of anyone who does that fwiw. It just feels like it'd be a drastic change, particularly with me being the cook in the house. I've always felt like if I changed my diet significantly that it'd be stepping on the toes of my wife and kid.

Even if I wanted to I definitely wouldn't want to approach a hospital right now.

seiferguy posted:

I'm scratching my head wondering if that was a design decision or someone measuring really badly then going "eh gently caress it."

Its gotta be the latter. That being said I would kill for that sink. Whoever designed our kitchen left us with this tiny-rear end sink that fills up fast. Like presumably the previous homeowners--who had this place built to their exact specifications--added a big kitchen because they wanted to cook, but this is a sink that says "gently caress it we're doing take-out tonight."

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

It takes about 15 minutes and you get to watch/smell the smoke coming from your balls.

But enough about my sex life!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Your vas deferens looks similar to a wet spaghetti noodle.

So you'd say there's not a vast deferens between the two? ::holymoley:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Kalli posted:

Presumptive RIP to Blindsite. I don't think these are native to australia, but I presume something worse is and has also learned how to open doors

https://twitter.com/LydNicholas/status/1346459292489101313

Thats just Nick Foles entering a room.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

Hey I didnt wake up to any texts or calls asking me to vote

It’s finally over 😭😭

Hey that reminds me...

I've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warrenty.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

God the right are such huge loving babies.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

For a group of people that preaches personal responsibility, I'm appalled but not surprised to see that they're trying to blame everyone else but themselves for what happened yesterday.

Surely it couldn't be a bunch of Trump supporters that did this dastardly deed. It must've been antifa, blm, Carmen Sandiego, someone else. No Trump supporter would ever call for or instigate violence no sir.

What I like about the "Antifa did it" bullshit is the implication that yes Trumpers believe that an election was stolen and democracy and their country are at stake but no, none of them were actually willing to do anything about it it was actually a false flag because they're too cowardly and lazy.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm just completely spent on all of this. I can't even work up the energy to be mad it's just exhausting that all of these moron exist.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Happy Birthday SB! You don't look a day over 45!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Tittiekisser I am sorry to hear about your mom and hope she's okay.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I miss the 3-4 feet of snow we had in 2014-15

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I don't think I could do a fully dry January but I'm thinking of cutting back on alcohol just to cut back on calories. There's been way too much junk food around the house for the past month.

Bird in a Blender posted:

Mostly I just have one beer a night during the week, and then I'd have 1-3 drinks on the weekend. So I figure if I can cut out like 6 drinks a week, that's like 700 calories right there. I'll probably still have a couple drinks on the weekend. The other thing is that all of the chocolate and candies from the holidays are finally out of my house, and then I just need to restrict how much dessert I eat. That last part isn't easy when my wife bakes like all the time.

And yeah this is about where I'm at. I have a beer/booze budget for the week and I stick to that, usually just having either a whiskey or a beer per night. But when football season comes along I end up saving them up for game day and end up having 3-4 on a Sunday, most of them with SNF :sweatdrop:

Apropos of nothing I dreamed last night that I was in what was either an elementary or high school being invaded by vampires and I was annoyed. I threw a towel on the head of a vampire to blind it and then balled it up in the towel, complete with blood spray and crunching bones. Hate to think what the mess would have been like if it wasn't in the towel!

Edit: Congrats to Fiz!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I mentioned to my wife how the pandemic has messed up my shaving routine and she helpfully pointed out that she has not shaved her legs once since the start of all of this.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Kalli posted:

Give me $2000 and gently caress off.

Ftfy

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Congrats No Butt Stuff!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Ehud posted:

She’s full sized! She’ll grow a lot more.

Full sized female Aussies usually top out around 45lbs.

Minis weigh like 25lbs full grown.

Wait Fiz's dog is an Australian Shepherd? We had one when I was a kid and yeah she was about 40-45 pounds. She was a little nervous around unfamiliar people due to how she'd been treated as a pup but she was super sweet.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Vertical Lime posted:

i see on cbs all access they've already added mtv/comedy central/nickelodeon stuff

fox does own tubi

also, there's amc+ (which incudes shudder) and the just-launched discovery+

now, who asked for that gritty willy wonka origin story

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1351582090307973120

Who else is excited for the Wonka Cinematic Universe?

Edit: Congrats to Fiz!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Out of the frying pan, onto a small plate with a paper towel on it to cool. We still fried though.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

It's 10 AM, I'm working, and I still feel like cracking a celebratory beer for this. :911:

I'm a horrible pessimist and even I'm thinking of having a dram of scotch. And I probably would if it were not for the fact that I should probably be sober while I take care of my kid and helping with her online school stuff.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Braksgirl posted:

The fat fills in the wrinkles.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Wow I can't believe that Chris Gaines was at the inauguration

More like, Chris Gaines weight!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

so how is everyone enjoying no longer being under constant low level anxiety pretty sweet huh ok bye

Why would I not have constant low-level anxiety? :confuoot:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Its Rinaldo posted:

Non fascist president, pupper back home, drink my fancy scotch today. 2021 is doing pretty well so far!

Nice lamp.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Kenmore tools are used in the burn unit, since the patients have been seared.

Hmm... okay, 5 stars. Out of 10, but still.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm beginning to think maybe we shouldn't put our dicks on just any old thing.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Joe Biden: We need to work with Republicans to do anything.

Republicans:

https://twitter.com/mtgreenee/status/1352340600612413440?s=20

Republicans don't know what impeachment is other than "bad thing."

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

that episode was so depressing to me that it put me off the whole series

This could describe any episode of Black Mirror for a given individual.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

I started watching Money Heist the other day and it's been very fun

Also, my neck is loving killing me today :(

I really need to get back to that. The show not the physical pain. I got most of the way through the 1st season and got distracted by something else and never picked it back up. The original name was Casa de Papel, which was way cooler though.

Edit: I am sorry about your neck!

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jan 22, 2021

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

He'd had everything. A strong breeze could have tipped him over.

I never understood his appeal. Just a softball interview that random b listers could get?

Larry King had been 87 for like the last 40 years.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

BlindSite posted:

I got two double yolkers when I made eggs this morning.

Good start to the day.

Guess the yolks on you! :haw:

Jay Cutler is Bears Good, which is not the same thing as Regular Good.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Ehud posted:

lol what a poo poo movie

You don't hear about serial killers these days. Do you guys think it's just not possible for serial killers to go undetected for very long these days? Is there just too much technology for them to get away with a string of murders? You've got cell phones, cameras all over the place, DNA and other forensic techniques...

It seems almost impossible to go out on a murder spree nowadays!

Look it's a pandemic we're just not going out okay?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

My day is all messed up because my usual "night off" (basically a night I do no chores after 7:00 and eat junk food) is Sundays during the football season. No game on Sunday so I took it a couple of days early, but that means my brain is suspicious that today is Monday. Also, daughter has a ton of schoolwork leftover from this week so we're doing that and now it feels weirdly like a weekday.

I also slept in until 9:00 which I haven't done in ages. Wife and I might watch something tonight, or might not. We're probably going to see a movie with the kiddo and have some popcorn tomorrow.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Freaquency posted:

You guys should try living in a place where it all just sublimates over the course of a few days and you never worry about it. We got snow Tuesday and it’s already almost gone.

Over the last few years it feels like Southern Mass is slowly becoming this. :(

I don't mind shoveling. I just prefer that my snowstorms start late Friday and I can just fart around all Saturday and shovel it sometime on Sunday. We do have a plow service come before most of it but I still need to do about 1/4 of the driveway for various reasons.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Its 9 degrees here. When it gets super cold*, do you ever just step outside for a minute to breathe it in?

I like how quiet it is at night when the temperature drops down this low. The moon is full and the snow on the ground is practically glowing.

*yes, we all know [Midwestern poster], this isn't really that cold to you.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

C-Euro posted:

I do enjoy the minute or two when I take my dog out before bed, just putzing up and down our empty street in the chilly air.

What I don't like is how dry my skin gets when the temperature is close to or below freezing. Especially my hands, which dry out to the point where my skin cracks and bleeds and I spend every winter with a low baseline of agony. No hand cream that I can get in stores can effectively fight it. It stinks!

It usually doesn't bother me unless we go weeks of single digits but my wife and especially my daughter get really dry skin on their hands. Have you tried Aquaphor? Kiddo's preschool teacher recommended it last year and it seems to do the trick.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Abugadu posted:

I binged Dirk Gently season 1 yesterday on Hulu, some great stuff in there. Wish Douglas Adams had lived longer to write more.

God that was such a good show. And season 2 gets so weird and ended on a huge jumping off point for further seasons. There was so much potential there.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Toaster Beef posted:

This time last year I was about four months removed from open heart surgery and dealing with a lot of just ... general malaise? It's a pretty normal thing for heart surgery patients to feel depressed after their operations, and some form of it hit me without my realizing it. I was okay, but just sort of going through the motions. Once the pandemic started and we all began working from home, it flipped everything on its head enough for me to snap out of it a bit and become more productive and enjoy my hobbies and such. My job is such that some days are 12 hours long and some days are 20 minutes long, but it's all very easily done from home and I consider it a pretty fair trade.

The past year has been way harder on my partner than it has on me. I've been just fine with quarantine, because I was very much an introverted, not-very-social person before this all started. She's the opposite, and—combined with her job as a mental health care provider—it has been pretty brutal. We're making it work, which is made easier by the fact that we very much love being around one another.

One thing I'm trying to do this year is get my weight under control. The combination of two months of postoperative recovery, depression, the holiday season, and then the quarantine meant I went from 192 (already not great) to 217 (straight-up Real Bad). I've fiddled with my diet and exercise schedule to the point where I think I'm losing weight at a steady, sustainable pace. I started a week into January, and weighed in at 209 as of this morning.

Between that, my podcast, and fiddling with TMM again here and there, I'm realizing that goals and creative endeavors are just kinda what keeps me satisfied.

You are a net positive on this forum and I hope you continue to do well.

I would love to be at 192, whichever as about where I was before I quit my job 6 years ago. I'm probably about 215-ish right now which honestly isn't bad considering where I've been in the past. I lost 5 pounds at the start of all of this but gained it back and haven't wanted to step on a scale since the holidays. Like I had begun eating less out of some sense of control I think, and then my usual habit of stress eating jumped back in.

I think I'm balancing just the right amount of "work" with just the right amount of free time with just the right amount of booze and just slightly not enough sleep every night. I'd wanted to cut back on alcohol due to calories, and had started to around last Easter or so, but just couldn't do it. I have about 1-2 drinks a night. But yeah, snacks are killing me. When I'm stressed I think of chips, not whiskey.

I think we're doing a lot better here than most. My wife's job is steady. I was going to start looking for work last year with our daughter beginning school but that kinda sorta didn't happen because she's doing remote learning and at times I feel kind of like a failure because she's a little high maintenance and I am not super patient or great at dealing with other human beings. I'd thought I might start writing again but there's nowhere in the house I can concentrate and at the end of the day I'm stressed from keeping her on task and just can't think.

The isolation hasn't bothered me hugely because I've always been seriously introverted. Still miss my folks though. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I didn't think Sunshine was that bad but it feels like someone wrote an anime but decided to make it into a live action film instead.