Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Athanatos posted:

Last Thread:

Literally any thread I have voted on is due to my finger accidentally hitting the wrong button when I'm on my tablet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I was on the production floor at work all day with no access to the outside world, so this has been, uh....interesting to catch up on

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joQgF_2vvtc

Somebody did a Zelda: Wand of Gamelon speed run for AGDQ on original hardware.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

guys some poo poo is going down

I'm assuming the declassified alien files

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
If a president is impeached and removed from office, do they lose the lifetime secret service detail and state funeral?

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
When I think spicy, I think chicken bouillon

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
My dishwasher is poo poo and I've hand washed everything for like the past five years

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Modern medicine is freaking nuts

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Can he just get hit by a bus already?

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Hot Diggity! posted:

So something that the potential / probable new job did not mention is I would have the title of VP on the legal team :stare:

Well, don't mind us peons your majesty.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Do I really want to go into the office during a snowstorm to build prototypes for thermal testing that actually can't be built until the robot programmer gets a chance to change stuff? Sorry PM, I guess I don't.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Holy poo poo that 3rd paragraph.

hahahah

I assume this was supposed to reference pouring Schlitz into a woman's vagina instead of my work annoyances

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

General Dog posted:

I hate toilet placement that doesn't give you room to wipe right-handed.

Seems like a going-down-the-middle type of bathroom space

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

wandler20 posted:

lol the gamestop stock is up $80 after hours to $230 because Elon tweeted about it.

At least some of the employees can unload options that probably would have been worth dick before I guess

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Imagine gaming the financial system for your own benefit, the mind reels.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Hooray, I get no merit increase this year (for the second straight year due to covid and other business factors)!

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

dirty shrimp money posted:

Like they just gave you a raise if you do a good enough job for long enough?

Don't worry we still get to go through the normal yearly performance review cycle knowing we aren't getting a raise anyway!

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

dirty shrimp money posted:

Maybe this is just living in Texas but isn't that normal? I think most people only get raises through promotions; Lord knows that's the only way I've ever got them. Maybe I just need a better job?

I work in a technical field and it's common practice to give employees some percentage of a wage increase every year (if they don't suck) to keep them on board for the long term.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Kalli posted:

That's how it works at my company as well. I know I could leave and get a huge raise, but I hate looking for a job and love the absurd security I have currently, so getting a cost of living raise every year helps keep me satiated.

Yeah, I'm a decade in at this point and my immediate team around me is really good, which is usually the biggest battle. There has also just been a massive purge of upper management, a lot of whom were clueless jerks who did more harm than good, so even though I'm not getting a raise, the work environment will at least be getting better.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Ehud posted:

What’s everyone doing today

Waiting for a foot of snow to fall then destroying myself by shoveling it because I'm too stubborn to buy a snowblower.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

swickles posted:

Just replaced the bathroom faucet, now to return a bunch of things I didn't use or need from various projects to Home Depot.

Look at this rookie mistake. You're supposed to pile up unused DIY materials because there will totally be a time in the future when it will be needed.

Samadhi posted:

Snowblowers are for quitters. I love shovelling and will often shovel my neighbor's driveway just for the fun of it, then mine, then go clear my mom's. May even gently caress around and help shovel some people out along the way.

Honestly, I find it kind of relaxing when it's under like 3" of accumulation, especially when its dark out and everything is super still and quiet.

I have a terminal case of Midwest Brain.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
My front sidewalk got buried under 3' of hard packed road snow twice today, and I'm also running out of space to put snow along my driveway. There are literally 6-7' mounds running the entire length on both sides.

And I still haven't submitted to the will of Big Snowblower.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
So I'm trying to watch Attack on Titan and can't get over how goofy the giant naked baby monsters look. I'm also not traditionally an Anime person, so maybe I'm just not used to weird Japan poo poo.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

D-LINK posted:

This is earlier in the job than I normally share pics.

Did you do a mortar bed for the shower, or is it a Schluter type system?

The glass shower door/wall looks pretty rad. The only complaint I would have is not having a separate handheld shower head, but definitely understand keeping things streamlined.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Can you even cash out bitcoin readily?

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

shirts and skins posted:

Random thought, knowing little about the subject: did Phineas Gage just have PTSD?

Nah, just a piercing headache

Rectal Placenta fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Feb 10, 2021

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Intruder posted:

It's supposed to get down to 7 for me on Monday, I have no idea how to handle that

Wear a hat when you go outside

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
You gotta have a proper arsenal of shovels. One scraper for light stuff, one with closed sides for deeper stuff, and a big rear end metal grain shovel for mega deep and plowed in driveway duty.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
All these fancy computer toilets around, and still nothing that can measure weight like a self checkout register at the supermarket.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Intruder posted:

Bill and Ted is a trilogy now where does it rank

Underneath the ground after the latest one.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Looking at the size of the flame is how I gauge things when cooking on a stove top, I don't know how the electric people do it.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I'm very happy I ripped out my lovely hodgepodge of cpvc and replaced everything in my house with pex. In the event of a mega freeze with no power, I could easily drain the whole system down.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Looking forward to nobody facing any repercussions for this

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
More brutalist monolithic structures

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I think you can make your own oreo cream with melted butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla flavoring

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Same please.

I was reflecting on this the other day how people have grown up. One of the buddies I went to uni with makes 3x what I make, in the $200ks.

I find it fascinating because everyone kind of has to spend the first chunk of their income on stuff like food, housing, etc. but after a certain threshold it basically becomes all fun money.

I can’t even imagine the life I could have lived if I basically had $100k (pre-tax) of fun money every year.

Like what do you computer touchers and doctors spend your money on?

Taxes and the retirement funds I'll get to use when I'm 80

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I'm now entering I Am Old Now Chat due to looking at reviews for steam cleaners and getting excited by all the cleaning possibilities of the different attachments

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I always look back at the various jobs I've had and feel fortunate I never had to work retail.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Kalli posted:

I think everyone should work retail or wait for a year so they hopefully get some loving empathy drilled into their heads.

I fortunately got the proper perspective working at a large soccer complex and dealing with thousands of rear end in a top hat soccer parents routinely.

There was also a lot of floor poopin' in the bathrooms for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I would immediately try to extrude fudge from that thing.