Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
First page while thread is still mostly navigable.

I'll be properly awake later.

Ehud posted:

Jurassic World Evolution is free on Epic until 1/7

you get to build your own Jurassic Park!
Can I go full Roller Coaster Tycoon and have a launch coaster go through 3 loops and 3 corkscrews and then releases passengers in the Velociraptor enclosure and call it The Tenderizer?

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jan 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Samadhi posted:

Does anyone have a good recipe for.deviled eggs?
Yes!

quote:

The ones I find are all very...mayo forward
Nevermind.

At best, lean into the pickle relish so you're eating an egg with pickle and paprika filling and just enough mayo to keep it all together.

Or you can make soft boiled eggs and use the soft yolk as the binding agent and there I just figured it out.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Braksgirl posted:

I had a real physical reaction to this. A full body rage.

For a palate cleanser, here is my good rear end cake.

wearing a ring expanding the ring :discourse:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Freaquency posted:

This means 2024 is going to be the gritty reboot :ohdear:
New Game+

We know the route, but now we can breeze through the first half and get to the real meat of the game.

aww poo poo

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Mr. Nice! posted:

mods pls sticky

Yeah this thread is gonna drop off the first page real fast

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

hifi posted:

mayo in deviled eggs is like tuna salad where you are adding the mayo to get the texture (chunky, creamy, gel) that you want. you might be able to get away with 0 mayo, a little bit of olive oil, and more mustard.
Yeah, deviled eggs need a binding agent, which is usually mayo. That's why I suggested soft boiled eggs and use the soft yolks as the binding agent which is like pre-mayo.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Samadhi posted:

Post your recipe anyway, I'll take a look. All the ones I found with a cursory look called for like 2x the amount of mayo as egg yolk and like Helmann's Mayo
It's this: https://www.bhg.com/recipe/appetizers-snacks/deviled-eggs/ with some pickle relish. Kinda like the "Greek" version.

Which is why when you said "Less mayo" I backed off.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Skwirl posted:

Batman Beyond is a loving amazing show, it just came out when I was no longer waking up at 7 am on Saturdays to mainline 4 hours of cartoons.
I am a fan of how the Saturday Cartoons had the 11-12 hour block of just old Looney Tunes.

And these bumpers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vI0UcUxzrQ

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ehud posted:

has anyone noticed a trend of once careful people suddenly acting like loving idiots sitting at restaurants and stuff
Trend?

As soon as restaurants were allowed to have people eat inside the parking lots were packed.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Spoeank posted:

Have you considered, instead, this article from realhealthnews.biz that says covid is just a vitamin d deficiency

I have found that takeourcountryba.cx has the inside scoop on showing the world the true depths that people will go to .

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Skwirl posted:

Watched North by Northwest last night. As iconic a scene as it is, trying to run someone over with a crop duster is an incredibly inefficient way of trying to kill someone.
If the crop duster dropped a load of pesticide right in someone's face that could kill. I've been driving truck and got hit by crop duster pesticide and purple monkey dishwasher

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Probably just virtue signaling to their base that they stood with TRUMP.
Ding ding we have a winner.

It's signaling to the Trump base.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Upload on Prime Video is kinda entertaining. Easy to watch, 30 minute episodes, only one season so far. The premise is basically the San Junipero Black Mirror episode, but what if it was ran in a late stage capitalism world like in Sorry to Bother You or Idiocracy. It's by the Office's creator and is in theory a comedy - although when it's not doing satire the humor tends to be a little too goofy for my tastes. On the whole I'd still recommend it. A second season has been confirmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZfZj2bn_xg

There's a scifi story that starts with a fast food worker in Raleigh NC getting hooked up to an AI management system that usually just gives the regular "hey make a burger" stuff but gets specialized to the point of "Take two steps to the grill. Use your right hand to pick up a burger patty. With your right hand, place the burger patty on the grill." The US eventually turns into an economic police state but the fast food guy gets to evac to Australia where a cyber utopia was built. He gets to upload his mind to a Matrix like thing while his body will be maintained by the cloud to where he uploaded his conciousness.

Difference here is the dude wasn't about to die in an ER.

also someone here suggested "March comes in like a lion" and I have to thank them.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jan 2, 2021

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

good suggestions for fun 2 player computer games for the gf and i?

not overcooked
Hot seat War In The Pacific: Admiral's Edition

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

Thank you exactly what she was looking for.

fartknocker posted:

I’m watching Grey Hunter do his third day-by-day play through of that thing and it loving boggles my mind. And I say this as someone who loves some grog insane war games.
I'm watching that as well.

Fiz, you could also get a few folding tables and play The Campaign for North Africa. Remember to have enough water for the Italians to properly cook pasta!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

Thank you exactly what she was looking for.

Real answer just play Splatoon.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Manoueverable posted:

I'm not sure if it was me, but I have to vouch for it anyway. It's such a good show, though some parts of it hit so close to home for me, like Rei's relationship with his adoptive sister; she reminds me of my ex a lot and it got extremely uncomfortable to watch. Also, it's brutal to watch if you're in a depressed mood like I was at the time, there were def multiple episodes where someone broke into my apartment and started cutting onions.
Yeah, you recommended it because of the Bump Of Chicken outro.

And thanks for the warning that my room will be full of dust.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Skwirl posted:

I had a loving rolling suitcase for half a semester.

In my defense my high school didn't have lockers because they thought it would stop school shootings.
First year of high school I shared a locker, I took the top shelf and my classmate with a last name close to my own took the bottom half. Sophomore year, that year moved to the separate lockers one on top of another. Then I switched high schools to one that was on the semester system so instead of 7 classes all year long it was 4 classes for Autumn and 4 for Spring. And at that point I had a car so I used that instead of a locker.

The car was a 1985 Pontiac Sunbird that I drove in 1996 so don't at me

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

hifi posted:

off on a different tangent i'm reading hard boiled wonderland by murakami. dudes got some wild prose about women. almost half way thru.
Like the pyramids

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jan 3, 2021

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Freaquency posted:

Murakami is up there as one of my favorite authors but he is very obviously weird when it comes to women and sex. Pick up his book Men Without Women if you want story after story of :wtc:
KAFKA

ON

THE

SHORES

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Thaddius the Large posted:

I don't know about this stuff but he's on a podcast about excruciating minutia in pop culture and history with Jeopardy legend Ken Jennings and it's pretty darn good, a solid hour of terrible dad jokes mixed in with weirdly fascinating dives.
Last week I heard the live podcast where they were supposed to talk about Yngwie Malmsteen and they don't actually get to Malmsteen until they ran over their hour long time limit.

Their show on the 222-0 Georgia Tech VS Cumberland game went an hour long and they got to the football part at like 45 minutes. Gonna go watch the Pretty Good about that game, right now.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Timby posted:

Before my ex-wife and my best friend hauled me into the psych ward on a civil commitment on March 23, 2009, I was easily consuming 32 ounces of vodka a day.
What is that in handles per week?

Asking for a myself as I finish off another fifth OH WAIT I can get Jefferson Reserve in 1 liters now!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Timby posted:

Got to the point of a handle every two days or so. :suicide:
Fiz is going yell at me for this but I would drive to Virginia to buy hooch because NC doesn't have hard alcohol sales on Sundays.

The only reason I'm alive is I have to dry out and be sober for 5 days while driving.

Oh and I never drove drunk. Hungover? Yes. Drunk? No. At least 8 hours between alcohol and behind the wheel.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Timby posted:

Depending on your hangover, it's entirely likely you did drive drunk. The body metabolizes about .01 BAC per hour, give or take a little bit depending on body weight.

dammit

I start driving on Tuesday so I stop drinking Monday night, it's more like 12 hours

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jan 4, 2021

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Barudak posted:

Kafka on the Shore was a deeply embarrassing book and Murakami is a joke of an author
Here's a mix tape of Bob Dylan.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

D-LINK posted:

Asking dudes to commit crimes is private business an act of conspiracy.
And former US Attorney and Governor of the State of New Jersey Chris Christy went to McDonalds to pick up food for the guy who doesn't pay for anything and then stood by while "gestures vaguely"

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Georgia Secretary of State is going hard directly at the poo poo Trump is trying to claim for voter fraud. Understandable, regardless of party it would be annoying as hell to have the president using every form of media available to say the work you did is hosed up.

https://twitter.com/DianneG/status/1346186816563662850

Serious question, if someone legally voted early / voted absentee and then died before election day, would their vote count?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kalli posted:

List of Ghibli films
Well it's not a Miyazaki film, but Grave Of The Fireflies.

DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE HIGH.

HELL, PROBABLY DON'T WATCH IT IF YOU GET EMOTIONAL.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I'm still mad that when I found out about ESPN'S Wide World of Sports park that's south of main WDW stuff, that it's just sports facilities and not the Michael Vick ride from that one commercial and other sports based attractions.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Yanni

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Skwirl posted:

Marvel films are the new Harry Potter of only being able to filter life through tortured metaphors filtered through simplistic children's media.
Need to squeeze a Marvel reference into the meme of "Use the force, Harry!" - Gandalf The Grey with a picture of Patrick Stewart.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Joey Freshwater posted:

Wish me luck, send Ts & Ps, slaughter a goat, whatever, I have my final interview for that dream job today. Super loving nervous.
I guess sending tits and penises would relax your nervousness. It takes all types.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Leperflesh posted:

I don't see a whole lot of gap between her and Manchin. Maybe on unions. I expect they're 100% aligned on dirty resource extraction policy, which is super important in both states. I agree she'd more likely go independent, and if she went Dem I doubt she gets a committee chair (she's 'only' a three-term senator, and those generally go to the most senior, although not always).

e. actually yeah 3 terms is enough, and she could probably demand a chair as payment for agreeing to caucus with the dems, hey

Did the PA Senator that switched sides get a committee chair?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
More Addie in snow, Asheville got bunches.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

ZuluDashOne posted:

Well I now have good notes on what to do when some Dr tells me its time to investigate my colon.

That or never set the appointment :colbert:
I think the lesson is to bring cheese and smokes.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

There was mushroom tea at one of the Gooncamps :gooncamp: but they drank it instead of booting it what the gently caress?

Also someone ended up duct taped to a tree.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

General Dog posted:

The game takes place in 1989 and an 88-year-old Indy squares off against eco-terrorists for control of a priceless artifact.
Instead of a Maltese Falcon it's a Spotted Owl.

No, not a small statue, an actual Spotted Owl that he has to keep in his hat.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

dirty shrimp money posted:

Just noticed my dead gay comedy forum account turned 20 last Friday

That's a minute
Whatever, Gramps.

(I will be there in two weeks)

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Oh poo poo lol, I didn't even realize that was an Avatar character. drat Pandora thread strikes again.

Jake Sullen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kalli posted:

I checked, it starts with a D

Is the D for "Destroying a public bathroom"?