Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

swickles posted:

As is Batman Beyond which I am less familiar with, so catching up on it now. There is an episode early on where a sound tech guy tries to make Bruce Wayne think he is going ceazy by hearing voices and at the end he says he knew they were coming from somewhere else because the voices in his head don't call him Bruce and I am still processing that.

That ending scene is one of the dopest moments in any super hero media. loving ice cold.

I think BB is, overall, just a B+. Some great episodes but also a lot of meh episodes. But that scene is so good.

Some other good clips:

The first 1m25s:
https://youtu.be/xDDw6WzUqus

All of this, lol:
https://youtu.be/s-09gNDsPzQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

CannonFodder posted:

Trend?

As soon as restaurants were allowed to have people eat inside the parking lots were packed.

Yeah. My personal favorite is the “outdoor” restaurant seating that is basically a completely sealed tent... aka basically indoors with no air flow...

P.S. I love boobies, D-Links new av is much better

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Freaquency posted:

https://twitter.com/postpolitics/status/1345432139739885569?s=20

Love to rip and tear at the fabric of our democracy because we lost!

It’s especially fascinating because the GOP has basically already won.

They got their Supreme Court and Biden is a pro-imperialism austerity candidate.

It doesn’t make sense to put up such a stink for the marginal difference between a Biden and Trump presidency... unless they think Georgia is going to be a worst case scenario for them?

You’d think they’d save that chit for a different election.

Probably just virtue signaling to their base that they stood with TRUMP.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Abugadu posted:

I talked to a friend yesterday who said his wife, a nurse, was one of six nurses out of 26 at her clinic that took the vaccine, the rest didn’t.

I got nothin.

Did they report why?

I’m trying to figure out what’s the proportion of the following beliefs;

+COVID is fake
+COVID isn’t that bad
+Hesitant to get first round of vaccines
+Vaccines have Bill Gates mind control chips
+???

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Do the major streaming services like Disney+ and Hulu have any in-built mechanism that make screensharing not work?

Like if I streamed the mando, and screen shared with zoom or google hangouts, would that work for a communal viewing?

If not, what's the cheapest and best way to have a synched movie viewing experience?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Joey Freshwater posted:

This is the right answer - to further the point, you can make your friend or whoever a login on your account, have them login, then use the watch together option. It’ll ask you who is watching and you select the other acct.

Not sure if Hulu has this but Disney definitely does

Thank you!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Yeah first day back for me as well and I didn’t get a good night of sleep.

Not working is way better than working imo

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I have not been dating because of Covid. It’s been a long year.

So I’m ornery and hornery irl.

Cherish your loved ones!!!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Bribe the counselor so they take your side.

All good relationships are based on games of subterfuge.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Intruder posted:

The fact that ironmaster hasn't updated their site to say whether or not notifications have gone out yet combined with only informing you if your entry was drawn and sending nothing if it wasn't is driving me bananas

They put up the "will be informed early this week" over a week ago now and it's still there

Notifications for winners of this round of quick lock dumbbells lottery went out on the 27th/28th according to Reddit.

Yeah, ironmaster doesn’t have the best customer communication. But they got the best product so whatcha gonna do :shobon:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Has anybody used groupwatch with Disney+?

I'm trying to figure out if I can let some friends watch by sharing my account, and creating unique profiles for them.

Some of the google results say that yeah, I just need 1 paying account. Other results say that everyone needs their own paying account.

It's been a long day at work.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Its Rinaldo posted:

^^^^I hated Bug's Life way more especially because it jams a wooden spike into your butthole and it's Bug's Life the shittiest Pixar movie

Man, it's been a couple years I've been wanting to hit up Disney for a few months now. Ugh.

Bug’s Life is crucial for educating the youth about the perils of capitalism.

https://youtu.be/N4GIAdlbtLY

This is praxis.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I did not care for spirited away.

I liked the other films a lot more.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’d text him that question every hour.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Did anybody check out that new fox animation show set in Alaska, The Great North?

I did not care for it, which surprised me because I love Will Forte’s voice work.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I now have a little bit of naive hope that this could mean the end of Trump's hold over the Republican party. Which would be great because it would fracture their voter base.

I hope, friend. 2022 is going to be a massive indicator for the future of this nation.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Yeah Venture Bros is on Hulu right now and I quite enjoyed the last (couple?) seasons compared to when I stopped watching because it got too obtuse.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

General Dog posted:

Big win for the Dems, who now will now get full credit for the next two years of our nation's history.

And credit for everything that went wrong in the last two years.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Of all the assholes trying to be the next Trump, who is the scariest

bah god that's Tom Cotton's music

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I realize that Garland sucks due to a lot of heuristics but any particulars? Why is Garland bad - I don’t remember any specifics.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

A grateful nation sighs with relief as a steady hand takes the tiller.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

PBS just reported on a conversation with some of the people who broke into the inner chamber. Basically they said that the left the inner chamber because "there was nothing else to do and we got bored"

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I'm sleepy and hungry.

Today feels like it should be a "wake up late, eat warm cinnamon bun, go back to bed" kinda morning.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

GBS Simpson thread killing it, as usual

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Silly Burrito posted:

It's loving insane that Mitt Romney is the voice of reason on the right.

He wouldn’t even be the most conservative liberal if he was a democrat.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Just group watched Disney’s “Soul”

Good movie. Hits hard at existential crisis.

Perfect for quarantine :unsmith:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Can somebody explain to me why it took so long for tiktok to come along and replace vines?

Everybody loved vines, yet seems like there wasn't a copycat app until recently.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Skwirl posted:

Vines were insanely popular but they had no idea how to monetize it, because no one was gonna watch a 15 second ad before a 6 second video. Tik Tok is basically China stealing all of our personal information so they don't give a poo poo about making it profitable.

???

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Doesn’t seem particularly different than other social media apps, but what do I know.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

ZuluDashOne posted:

Job interviews suck but I hate writing cover letters with a passion. gently caress cover letters.

*dedicates a paragraph to why this job is my ideal job*

*concludes by thanking them for the review*

*farts*

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Freaquency posted:

Colorado passed a law that went into effect on January 1 that requires any job listing to include the salary range you can expect, so that’s at least a small step towards transparency in the hiring process. Overall though the whole rigamarole sucks and I feel for anyone who’s going through it now. Good luck to both Joey and APH!

That’s actually exceptionally rad and good.

Transparency in compensation is mandatory for fair labor practices.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Yeah.

What features are you goons using that warrant the newest and greatest cell technology?

I feel like 99%+ of what people use is internet, email, texts, apps, and calls...

...Which can be done on basically any smart phone.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The thin top layer of plastic(?) that covers my laptop trackpad has started to flake off. The under layer is rougher and stickier. It still works, but it just feels unpleasant to the touch.

Is there a way to fix the track pad surface?

Do I have to send it in to the shop?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Good for you Fiz

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I don't know how anybody over 27 can drink with any frequency at all while keeping their weight under control. Calorie wise, a handful of beers can be like half a loaf of bread.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

shirts and skins posted:

When it's pass/fail based on a minimum score then the closer you are to that minimum the less work you have wasted.

Looking at you, bar exam

This seems like a really bad way to approach professional development.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

bobjr posted:

My parents got a new puppy yesterday after someone they knew couldn’t take care of it themselves

Dang that’s a good dog

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

How do y’all organize your *work* emails?

Project?
Sender?
Work Groups?

Edited: clarified this is strictly for professional work emails!

Ornery and Hornery fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jan 11, 2021

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I love the little prance of the Aussie with the frisbee.

You did it lil guy, you carried the frisbee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Is it easy to actually liquidate Bitcoin into real money?