Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Happy new year my dudes. Hoping for a better year than the last for all of you.

Hey so when did VRBO start going by Verbo and not the letters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pops Mgee posted:

Disney plus and a couple other streaming services added a "watch together" option, I think it syncs you up with friends somehow. Haven't really looked into it myself though.

This is the right answer - to further the point, you can make your friend or whoever a login on your account, have them login, then use the watch together option. It’ll ask you who is watching and you select the other acct.

Not sure if Hulu has this but Disney definitely does

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
New season of Cobra Kai spoilers, mainly with the end:

Like I get the need to keep everything going with the tournament but the amount of laws broken by Creese and the cobra Kai kids...and not one person went “hey maybe we should call the cops”? There’s B&E, assault and theft at the least.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Amy Pole Her posted:

Ironically the “karate kid” has atrocious form. Dude who plays Johnny Lawrence actually has drat good form. Dudes clearly kept up at it

The evil girl is an awful awful actress. Comically bad in her lines.

Daniel's always had a pretty goofy looking form and his posture, especially while in his gi(?), is terrible too. There's a shot of him in one of the final few episodes and his shoulders are forward and his back is hunched while you're looking at him straight on. I don't know if he was flexing trying to look bigger or what but he looked ridiculous.

Still gonna watch season 4 tho

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I ordered Papa John’s the other day and it came from a Door Dash driver. I’m guessing they’re doing the same thing?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
GF got me to watch the first episode of Bachelor and I’m already so mad.

He didn’t pick the girl I liked but he also picked the train wreck who he was obviously made to pick because she brings drama to the show.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I like Disney movies but Disney as a company is a huge pain the rear end to work with and I hate them with every fiber of my being.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

Comedies and any Ghibli movies are incredible when on hallucinogens. Just anything happy and pleasant.

Speaking of, saw it was mentioned that the Ghibli movies were on HBO MAX. Having never seen any of them, where should I start?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Thanks!

I'm replaying HZD to catch up on the storyline before the new one comes out. People complain about horse riding in other games but riding machines in this game is a huge pain in the rear end and clearly the worst ever

e: i'm not even entirely positive it's any faster than just having Aloy run on foot, even in a straight line

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 5, 2021

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Does taste and smell gradually or instantly stop? this is important :ohdear:

For me it was instant. Or at least it went away from one meal to the next. I think it was lunch for me? So maybe hadn't had anything that day up until that point but I suddenly realized I couldn't taste what I was eating which then made me realize I couldn't smell. When it came back it was literally in the middle of the meal. Started not being able to taste and over the course of like 5-10 minutes it came back.

Have my final interview for that job I was talking about on Friday AM and I'm fuckin nervous as hell. It's like dream job territory and I don't want to gently caress it up and I want it soooo bad

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hey I didnt wake up to any texts or calls asking me to vote

It’s finally over 😭😭

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
okay gently caress all of you

Quiet Feet posted:

Hey that reminds me...

I've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warrenty.

especially you

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

and a senator younger than me

:suicide:

I knew he was young but never bothered to look up his age and god drat, he's younger than my sister too.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Will there be another runoff if Ossoff/Perdue stays as close as it is, regardless if Ossoff wins?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This was posted in the GBS Trump lol thread and I cant quit laughing about it

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Trump rally currently playing a Linkin Park cover - specifically the one that goes "tried so hard, got so far, in the end it didnt really matter"

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Trump about to speak at the rally, motorcade just showed up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1scIsfw0qxE

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lollin at the stage length bullet proof glass in front of the podium at your own rally

haaaa the microphone doesnt work

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Trump just threw Pence directly under the bus

e: lol now he's talking about space force

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bird in a Blender posted:

Joey Freshwater, since you seem to know the most about this, what's going on with that boat that lost like half its cargo? Is there a way to find out what was lost? I think my job may have been affected by it because I was waiting on some valves and all of a sudden the lead time jumped by months.

I think last I read they've only discharged less than 100 containers since it arrived in Kobe, so it'll be a while before a full assessment is done.

Do you have any tracking info or know where the cargo was coming from?

e: yeah less than 100 still, but there was a Japanese holiday until the 4th and ONE (owner of the ship) asked them to slow the process for safety reasons. General Average hasn't been declared yet but it likely will be.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jan 6, 2021

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bird in a Blender posted:

I don't have any tracking, I'm like three steps away from that, I know it comes out of China, but I don't know what part. I order from a distributor, who orders from a wholesaler, who gets it from the factory. They're steel valves from Crane. It's not something that would specifically be coming to me, it would be a large order the wholesaler places. Mostly I was just wondering if I could figure out if somehow a whole bunch of Crane valves ended up at the bottom of the ocean, but I figured it was a longshot.

Yeah, the distributor or wholesaler should know if they were on the ship and be able to tell you. If you had any info like a container number I could look it up but I can't do much else.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just had a weird moment where Trump was making GBS threads on Kemp and I felt bad for Kemp for half a second.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1346878178531356674?s=20

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So I missed the past 5 hours or so what did I miss...can anyone recap?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Chan Gailey resigned!

I actually saw that earlier and my first thought was "Chan Gailey still has a job?"

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Do all of these people need to make speeches?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://i.imgur.com/mqeIFfJ.mp4

I can't get this to post as the video and it also has sound but worth it

e: oh apparently you just have to right click and unmute it, go nuts

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jan 7, 2021

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Did the Awful app get an overhaul? I got a new phone and reinstalled it and it looks different now.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fartknocker posted:

Android or iOS? I don't think the latter has been significantly altered in a while...

iOS, unless I was using a version that’s old as hell it’s definitely changed

ex:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wish me luck, send Ts & Ps, slaughter a goat, whatever, I have my final interview for that dream job today. Super loving nervous.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

show them the fish picture

It’s my zoom profile pic

Which speaking of, if I get this job, they said I/they wouldn’t be going back to the office until August. Gonna be weird working at a company for 8 months not having met anyone face to face

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Thanks y’all. I’ve definitely overprepared and am ready. I think the nerves are mostly just because I want the job so bad.

If I dont get it, it won’t be because I did anything wrong/missed something.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

If in doubt, to relax during the interview just picture all us goons naked.

Ah yes, comfortability in familiarity good thinking

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Finished the interview, went really well I thought. It was with two different people, one who is in the role I'm interviewing for and then the hiring manager/my direct report.

The only time I was held up was when they asked a "what would you do in this situation" question and then asked the same question just worded differently. I paused for a second thinking about it and trying to come up with another answer without acknowledging it's the same question, but the interviewer realized it and said she'd wished she'd reviewed the questions first and moved on to the next ones.

End of the call she told me she wasn't in a hurry to fill the role and that they wanted to find the right person for it, they had more interviews to do etc. I asked her what she needed from me or what I could provide to show I was the right person for the job. She laughed and said she loved the question but didn't have a direct answer and said we could keep in touch.

So....overall I think it went well but it could be next week or next month before I know anything :shrug:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Started watching Flight Attendant on HBO MAX today. My gf is a FA and made me start watching. I thought it was going to be some goofy bullshit because it has the girl from Big Bang Theory but it’s not. It’s a pretty engaging murder mystery.

Only three eps in but it’s really good

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Got my antibody test back and I still somehow have them. Gonna go lick some doorknobs brb

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Fifty Three posted:

That's encouraging anecdotal evidence. When did you test positive? I haven't kept up with the chat thread much.

Edit: Sorry, could've done some digging first. That is good news.

Early/mid June I think? But I continued to test positive until July 11, main symptoms went away around then but others lingered/are still lingering.

Gonna go to the store and not wear a mask and tell people im exempt because of antibodies :smug:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So I got an email back on that job I've been interviewing for. She scheduled a call for tomorrow to "catch up", even though we talked a bit Monday.

I feel like this is maybe good news? If it were a "no" would she be scheduling a call to tell me that? I feel like it would just be a quick call or email saying they're not interested, if anything at all?

Trying not to get my hopes up and I'm assuming at best it'll be "we're still interested but we haven't made a decision yet"

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Almost done with Flight Attendant and aside from lead girl losing her poo poo every 30 seconds it’s been really good and entertaining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Yeah between that and Harley Quinn Kaley Cuoco has had a fairly impressive career post Big Bang, when she could probably have completely retired on the residuals.

Oh yeah I forgot she was in HQ, that was great too