Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Nick Jr. Face posted:

For those of you looking to lose weight I highly recommend intermittent fasting

Isn't that just skipping breakfast? Or lunch?

A year ago I was at my heaviest, 220. At some point over the summer I got down to 197, I'm probably in the low 200s right now (my scale needs a new battery again).

There's a small grocery story near me that sells half-pound fruit cups for ~$2, and my local Mariano's sells premade salads at $10 for 3. I have a fruit salad and veggie salad for lunch every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Intruder posted:

use my penknife my good man

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Guze posted:

I saw a person wearing the jacket version of this in public and lol

https://gogistyle.com/product/ggsm0..._style=Tank+Top

"Who are you? How did you get in here?"

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

My brother said that Space Jam was amazing to watch while high. In the theater, no less.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

General Dog posted:

Jackbox Game Night tonight at the normal time, 7:30 CST

https://discord.gg/ZbKhVSwm

I'll be a couple minutes late or so, started dinner late

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/status/1346615467243417600

I would not want to go in front of the committee specifically designed to go viral roasting your rear end

The ORCs

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Skwirl posted:

Did you see the Proud Boy leader, who, in the process of being arrested for burning a BLM flag admitted to several, much worse felonies. I'm trying to find the transcript.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3897718&perpage=40&pagenumber=814#post511324696

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Hell of a day. Got my nerves up for a while there. I rarely drink, but today I needed to crack open a cold one just to settle myself down.

Made a post on FB about it with a photo of the schmucks climbing a wall. I'm a Canadian living in the US, and an old friend of mine from back home was among the replies with "Anyone with an ounce of intelligence can see that this is staged!"

Don't know what the gently caress that was about, someone else asked him to clarify but I don't think he ever replied. So I added more photos and "it's really happening" to my post. I've been adding photos all evening as I find them. At some point, he deleted his reply.

Anyway, not gonna lie if it was gonna be four more years I'd be arranging to move back. Today I was getting anxious about doing just that. I feel better now though.

Still, is anyone here an immigration lawyer? I'm not planning to bail, but I'm in an odd situation that I'd like to discuss with someone knowledgeable.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Rep. Jake LaTurner (R-Kansas) tweeted that he has COVID-19. He was on the floor voting 4 hours ago.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

seiferguy posted:

I heard he cleared out all the souvenir stores of novelty name license plates beforehand too

https://twitter.com/canberratimes/status/1347280688110735361?s=19

"You talking to me?" "No, my president's name is also Bort"

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Hurt feelings, anger linger after Pence, Trump clash

quote:

The Trump-Pence relationship is “pretty raw right now,” said one top GOP congressional aide, who described multiple phone calls in which Trump berated Pence

quote:

Republican Sen. Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma told Tulsa World, “I’ve never seen Pence as angry as he was today.”

“He said, ‘After all the things I’ve done for (Trump),’” Inhofe added.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

LeeMajors posted:

He'll have at least one. Pence will probably try to climb in the coffin with him.

Trump told Pence he doesn't want to be friends

And, from the schadenfreude thread:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Happy birthdays TFF goons!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

a neat cape posted:

Andrew Johnson, Buchanan, Harding, Trump, Reagan, Wilson. Hoover, arguably

yeah hoover sucked

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The feds are not keen on Buffalo making a deep run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyhAJEPEHk4

TITTIEKISSER69 fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 9, 2021

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/Reformed_Laur/status/1347994378799865856

on the lookout for a new poster complaining about tech censorship in qcs

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3946225&pagenumber=6926&perpage=40#post511458188

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Timby posted:

This is something that I honestly am curious about; Google Fi seems oddly expensive for the price proposition. I bailed on Verizon last year once my divorce was finalized and I wound up going with Republic Wireless, which uses the same T-Mobile back-end that Google Fi does, but I only pay like $21 a month for unlimited talk and text and 2GB of 4G data, whereas my monthly floor with Google Fi would be at least $30 / month. Is there a quality of life thing with Google Fi that I don't see?

There's a thread for Fi, but basically it's a good deal if you use very little data or a lot of data, since it's free after using 6GB

Edit: I almost bailed on Fi since I was in between, but the pandemic came along and I'm mostly at home so now the bill has mostly stayed under $45/month which I'm fine with.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Please disperse the crows, they're the cause of corvid-19

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Birthday weekend continues! Today's my birthday, I'll be at my parents' watching the Bears game with them so probably won't be in the GDT much if at all.

For my birthday, I'd at least like the Bears to make a respectable showing, if not win and make a decent run. But all things considered that could be a tall order.

I'd also like for my mom's cancer to finally be gone for good. She went through chemo for her third time this past summer which went well, but now her CA125 cell count is back up over 300 (normal, healthy level is in the 20s). So it seems to be coming back again :smith:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Ehud posted:

yeah some poor web dev is gonna take the fall on this one lol

It was the Parler dev

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I thought it was a joke, but apparently she's planning to run for Senate again. She'll be 91.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I saw that Subway is now offering bowls as an alternative to sandwiches. I'm guessing that's like their salads, without lettuce?

swickles posted:

Subway is great, it fast and its not heavy and its cheap. Also, the subway where I work and went to medical school was the one that invented the $5 Footlong promotion so you're welcome for that.

Five . . .
Five dollar . .
Five dollar foot loooooooong

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Its Rinaldo posted:

Oh, I thought I saw that he was a Canadian, which added an extra layer of surreality to the whole thing

I'm guessing you're conflating that with what happened in 1812

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Rookie Marshawn Lynch gives a tour of Buffalo nightlife

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

'Grats to goons on the new jobs!

On my last job hunt, it came down to the one I'm in now and another. The other job, an MSP (basically an outsourced IT company) invited me to join their morning team meeting, which was like 7 or 7:30. I arrived and sat in on it, they even asked me if I had any ideas about one weird problem they were seeing with clients' firewalls (I did have an idea, in fact).

All seemed to be going well, until I sat and talked with the CEO. Holy poo poo, gently caress that guy. After I listened to him ramble for probably 10 minutes about himself and how he pulled himself up by his bootstraps, I knew that wasn't the place for me. Just Googled them and saw they were acquired in 2019.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Samadhi posted:

Home improvement question: Is there a good program out there for planning/sketching projects? Something like CAD, but not so intense? I need to plan some changes to the closets and bathrooms in my house and would like to play around with it and edit things to plan it out.

Try asking in the interior design thread

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Joey Freshwater posted:

Tell me if y’all have heard anything like this:

I’m looking for a new place to live and one of them require a dog DNA test before moving in. The reason being because when they find dog poop on the property, they test it and fine the person that has the dog it matches

Of course this cost is all passed on to the tenant in the form of a $75 test to start and I’m sure the DNA matching isn’t cheap and is passed on to the tenant. Not to mention the $100-200 fines.

This is very much a thing that wouldn’t affect me because I always pick up after Maggie, but it just seems so over the top that it makes me wonder what else they’re gonna be weird about.

I'm not even a pet owner, but that would send me running. It sounds like a nightmare HOA.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Joey Freshwater posted:

Oh yeah parking was another thing. It’s $25/month for parking, but I dont have my own space. It’s a secured covered deck but cmon.

That sounds like a loving steal to me. Maybe I've lived in Chicago too long.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Skwirl posted:

Why does being a hateful rear end in a top hat make you look like you have 3 kids automatically?

https://twitter.com/ConnerHabib/status/1350962919723380745?s=20

I'm a decade older than this guy, drink like a fish and almost always forget to wear sunscreen and he looks so much older than me.

Whew!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Well Monday's off to a bright start! Maybe I can bring a bit of levity to lighten the mood:

The Onion presents: The Worst Sports Teams Of All Time

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Samadhi posted:

What's the collective noun for a group of libertarians? A Statutory? A Consent?

A Rand

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Samadhi posted:

It's whatever you wish it to be, friend. I use it for knives, lids, plane graters, cat dishes, and whatever else is narrow and I don't want to put in another rack

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Loving that goalie assist

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Kenmore tools are used in the burn unit, since the patients have been seared.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Joey Freshwater posted:

Any recommendations on TVs? I haven't had to buy one in years and the one I have in my living room looks like it's on it's last leg.

HDTV Megathread

Also, your Vizio is more likely an LED, and the LGs recommended earlier are OLEDs - best picture quality you can buy, just don't leave it on a news channel for several hours every day because image retention (and sometimes burn-in) are a thing with OLEDs just like with plasmas.

Also, anybody buy a Mega Millions ticket for tonight?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

There was a jackpot winning ticket in Michigan

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Intruder posted:

Toward? Didn't he make his bones making jokes about what's the deal with airline food?

He was always boomer humor baby

e:

https://twitter.com/Mumford_N_Puns/status/1353070640182386688

uh

All of the sudden I'm reminded of the song Goodbye Horses and I don't know why.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

If you're posting in the TFF Chat thread and have been registered since 2007? Probably, yeah.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Spiral stairwells need to be wide enough to encircle a fireman's pole to slide down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Yeah, watch them both but watch the Netflix one first, then the Hulu one to see what blanks get filled in and what facts were altered.