Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bird in a Blender posted:

Oh, I have a new intention for this year, get a vasectomy.

Highly recommended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It takes about 15 minutes and you get to watch/smell the smoke coming from your balls.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Your vas deferens looks similar to a wet spaghetti noodle.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

mods pls sticky

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

sweet thursday posted:

2-4 shouldn't exist and they wouldn't if not for fat thumbs + phones

That sounds like something a neutral man would say.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

he really believes that people can just flip votes.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ehud posted:

My wife's step father is a MAGA man who thinks covid is greatly exaggerated and all that.

He tested positive for covid on the 1st. Couple of days letter he felt like total poo poo and went to the ER.

They wanted to admit him to the hospital because his oxygen was low, but there were no beds left. So they sent him to a different hospital. They're trying to get his oxygen levels up now.

I wonder if he still thinks it's just the flu.

:smith:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Samadhi posted:

Unsubstantiated rumors that Kanye and Jeffree Star are hooking up are wild but I choose to believe them

This is the content I crave.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

GD_American posted:

By they you mean "the United States naval ship USS Vincennes", right?

No, he meant this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukraine_International_Airlines_Flight_752

Iran shot down an airliner that took off from Tehran a year ago very shortly after the Solemeni assassination.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also :rip: to a good girl. I gave Dakota some extra rubs just now, but he's more interested in his chew toy at the moment.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mike Pence absolutely shocked when the leopards tried to eat his face.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The Big Jesus posted:

My takeaway from this is that unicor must really loving suck.

How do you only have an 11% margin if your direct labor is paid buck an hour???

Executive compensation.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Parler has been given an ultimatum by Apple to enforce strict moderation or be kicked from the app store in 24 hours.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I think chuds storming the capital while a dual session of congress was in session is finally the mattering.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kalli posted:

So what are the odds they were watching whatever Trump tweeted before posting it and he said one of the magic phrases that caused this? Or did they actually have an all hands on deck meeting and decide to do it?

They had a blog post that explained it was because his tweets today were glorifying violence and his supporters were taking them as indication they should continue and attack the inauguration.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah but Murkowski is kind of unique in who she caucuses with.

Alaska just went to ranked choice voting. She's already lost a primary and won as an independent.

She could have done it already and gained a lot, and she didn't. The fact she's saying it now is more credible to me.

She's already made a public statement that if the republicans do not disavow trump she's done with being a republican.

When do Ossoff and Warnock get seated? Murkowski plus those two makes 51.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Adelson is the reason that pot failed on the ballot in Florida in 2014.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Skwirl posted:

Ahahaha.

https://twitter.com/magalawbrian/status/1348485145423089668?s=19

Pence would have to resign, pretty sure the President can't fire him since he was technically elected to the position, and the Senate would have to reconvene in order to approve this appointment, if the Senate reconvenes they'd probably have to deal with impeachment first and if there's no VP and the president is removed from office Nancy Pelosi would become the first female President.

VP appointment goes through both house and senate.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

This stay lifts a preliminary injunction that was issued in June against the FDA. The FDA relaxed all guidelines for every drug except one half of the drugs needed for medical abortion. You can get literally any other drug delivered except mifepristone. The preliminary injunction lifted that requirement and allowed mifepristone to be delivered by mail. The SCOTUS in a 6-3 vote lifted the preliminary injunction.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Intruder posted:

I am incredibly jealous of his kitchen

If you watch any of his most recent videos, he’s in a much less fancy kitchen and is getting divorced. :smith:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm attempting to go back to school for five years because I've made less than $50k in 2.5 years in the practice of law. Last year I made $20k. I already went back to school and got a masters, but I can't find a job in the finance world because I'm overqualified by education and underqualified by experience. I've been told I'm a shoe in for the phd in finance program, so maybe I can finally get someone to pay me a living wage once I have my fifth degree in 2026.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Beep boop does not compute.

To the best of my knowledge all the PhD candidates I know make effectively less than minimum wage when their salary is broken down by hours worked.

Submitting yourself to five more years of gross under compensation for the unlikely possibility of getting a decent finance job seems real dumb.

E: obviously follow your dreams or whatever but from an outside perspective your plan seems bad

Finance is one of those things where a PhD actually matters. Finance profs get paid more than most anyone not teaching at a med school. Also in the private world they do the type of work I’m interested in doing.

The constant antagonistic struggle rooted in misery that is the practice of law is never going to make me happy. I enjoy the stuff I’ve done in the finance world, though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Joey Freshwater posted:

Who did Garth go hug? I missed it

Dubya and Laura Bush.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Silly Burrito posted:

How do you tweet from prison

buttphone

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Thaddius the Large posted:

It wasn’t the series finale, but I will always love that episode of Don’t Trust the B in Apt 23 that revolves around a character trying to keep her roommate drunk so the roommate will continue to unknowingly bang the intellectually delayed son of a guy who said character is trying to get a job with. Pretty sure it’s a big part of what got the show cancelled, so that kinda counts?

They pissed people off and season two got aired out of order so many of the episodes don’t seem to make sense continuity wise.

If was James Vanderbeek’s best performance in my opinion.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The good place should have ended when she walked through the door. The next scene with Michael is pointless.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Amy Pole Her posted:

Ridiculous amount = ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY FIVE PERCENT of the total amount of shares or something. How can you short something over 100%? I do not understand how that'd be allowed but then it goes into the deeper issue of me barely understanding options/calls/puts, etc.

Also lol at this. My god.

Note that this person bought in with $744,735.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Chamath is cool and good.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Silly Burrito posted:

Rewatching Gone in 60 Seconds for the first time in 21 years.

It's Ocean's 11 with cars (courtesy Braksgirl), but man Nick Cage do love him some overacting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVCrmXW6-Pk

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

loving so over this god damned plague. I hope for the best, pops.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Maybe after I have my fifth degree I'll be able to make enough money to afford a house.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nick Jr. Face posted:

As someone who used to own a home, it's overrated

yes, but making enough money to afford one is not.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If any of you haven't watched Barry yet, it's one of the best TV shows on the air, and I can't wait for the next two seasons to film post-pandemic.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Keep up and moving is a pretty good thing to have on your board. Good luck, goon, and get well soon!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

C-Euro posted:

Could the #1 college football team beat Are Troops in a game

Teams ranked a lot lower than one beat the service academies all the loving time. If anyone in the military is actually good enough to play, they just get a scholarship to one of the academies. A team of active duty people would get loving wrecked by div III football team.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Got the offer today. Unless an incredible six figgie job falls in my lap between now and then, I will begin my five year path towards a PhD in finance this summer.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Goon luck.

Goon speed.

Goondolences??

I mean, finance phds get paid at least which is something my masters and JD do not give me, so that's good. What sucks is another five years of not getting paid between now and then. However, I'll still make more as a PhD student than I'm making right now as a practicing attorney.

Ehud posted:

Sounds like fun! We can follow your journey just like we did with fiz.

Thanks. I'll have to change my name to Dr. Nice! eventually.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I make $22.50/hour right now on a 1099 contract working for an old attorney that is retiring helping him close up shop. I do not work full time. I made $20k last year in taxable income and $23k the year before. The PhD stipend I'll receive is higher than that for just the fall and spring semesters plus I have some GI bill left over that will kick in an extra $1400/month tax free for 3-4 semesters.

I have spent the better part of three years trying to get a higher paying job and have been unable to land anything worth a gently caress. I'm not a bad lawyer, but I did not spend law school "networking" and cannot lean on anyone I know for a job. I had a federal job lined up to work for the SBA where I would have cleared around $1900/week get yanked away from me because I got assaulted with a deadly at a BLM protest and they determined that I had committed "criminal or dishonest conduct" by being present and saving a guy from getting beat up in a fight he started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Skwirl posted:

I'm so glad I didn't go to law school.

You definitely made the right choice.