Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i finished the hit doom megawad ancient aliens i magaed to pistol start and no save up to map 28 on uv but maps 28 and 29 were nuts so i had to make a saves after each of the big fights. extremely strong maps for the most part except for maybe one or two duds and the soundtrack is sick. czech it out if you wish you could talk to the aliens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Prey (2017) this is gaming

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

ArfJason posted:

Prey (2017) this is gaming

Are you going to do Mooncrash? It's also really good.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mysterious loyall X posted:

i finished the hit doom megawad ancient aliens i magaed to pistol start and no save up to map 28 on uv but maps 28 and 29 were nuts so i had to make a saves after each of the big fights. extremely strong maps for the most part except for maybe one or two duds and the soundtrack is sick. czech it out if you wish you could talk to the aliens

i went back and i did uv pistoal start 28 w/o saving thanks for your support. not sure how to do 29 consistently yet tho theres one arena with a million archviles above you.....brutal edoom and mario jump boots mod perhaps???

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i went back and i did uv pistoal start 28 w/o saving thanks for your support. not sure how to do 29 consistently yet tho theres one arena with a million archviles above you.....brutal edoom and mario jump boots mod perhaps???

for sure, you can tell the archviles to gently caress off and then use a take down on them leaving behind a field of real photos of jewish corpses

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

trying to jack off posted:

for sure, you can tell the archviles to gently caress off and then use a take down on them leaving behind a field of real photos of jewish corpses

lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

archiviles sort of zig zagaround arbitrarily with no apparent destination or forethought and respect arbitrary linedefs but not others......remind any one of a recent american revolution involving total disrespect of a sealed off tarp covered scaffold but great respect for velvet ropes around paintings of great americans like newt gigrich????

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

fadam posted:

Are you going to do Mooncrash? It's also really good.

i didnt buy that and now that we're not on sale it seems pricey. Rip.

archiviles sort of zig zagaround arbitrarily with no apparent destination or forethought and respect arbitrary linedefs but not others......remind any one of a recent american revolution involving total disrespect of a sealed off tarp covered scaffold but great respect for velvet ropes around paintings of great americans like newt gigrich????

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i didn't know what to play so i played map 28 uv pistol start and no saving AGAIN but this time in prboom+ instead of gzdoom this had the effect of:

1. making it harder to slip past the first cyberdemon i had to really ride his rear end for him to move out of the drat way
2. i blew myself up on an inifintely tall cacodemon since prboom has no zclipping like the original engine (but it was added in heretic/hexen/strife) but gzdoom has zclipping on by default. thanks all.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

not sure what variations of map 28 i can do next but i'll keep you all updated if i do. maybe a borderlands style gameplay mod that adds epic dubstep + numbers flying off of the monsters head???

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

not sure what variations of map 28 i can do next but i'll keep you all updated if i do. maybe a borderlands style gameplay mod that adds epic dubstep + numbers flying off of the monsters head???

I can send you a zip with what I use.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

First game of 2021 beat is Deadcore. Pretty cool although a little frustrating at times. Not sure if I'll go for the good ending

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
rez infinite: over a decade ago a friend lent me his dreamcast which was kinda dying, and which sorta sometimes maybe read pirated discs so when i pirated Rez it didnt work. on nulldc the sound was all hosed up so what was the point. so now, in 2021 i can finally say i finished rez. Area X is where gaming should be headed. it was cool seeing all the things they reused for child of eden, which is never coming to pc or getting vr. at least theres tetris effect

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

1. What the Golf (100%)
2. 198X

I'm unsure to even count this game considering it was like an hour long and ended with 'to be continued'. Still, it was an alright experience, good art and good music.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

1. What the Golf (100%)
2. 198X

I'm unsure to even count this game considering it was like an hour long and ended with 'to be continued'. Still, it was an alright experience, good art and good music.

you count it as an easy win on the 2021 scoreboard

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

A contested shot is worth as many points as an easy layup, which is why my Goodreads reading challenge this year is going to be all manga volumes baby

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

whenever someone talks about beating a snes game or or doom wad in under an hour you should immediately play it. its free real estate

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Snes game yes, but doom wads are emphatically not games

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Nostradingus posted:

You're right. They're works of art.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes on Extreme. Code Name: Night Owl

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

HalfHazard posted:

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes on Extreme. Code Name: Night Owl

nice one

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Thanks. Just looked it up and its the worst code name you can get on that difficulty level lmao. Gotta try again soon, I missed a dog tag anyway

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Nostradingus posted:

:gonk:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i beat covenant 25 monster train with the plant champion with the cultivate effect which no one told me was insanely strong. thanks for your support all

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Shenmue 2 - It can't top shenmue 1, but, still.... an amazing game

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jan 13, 2021

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
1. Control (PS4) - 1/3 - Didn't really care for the writing but enjoyed basically everything else.
2. Doom Eternal (PC) - 1/6 - Prefer the simplicity of Doom 2016. Hated the design of the Marauders. Still a very good game.
3. Shadow of the Colossus (PS4) - 1/12 - Still a masterpiece. Beautiful remake.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

reached the epilogue in hades

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

2. super mario world 2: yoshi's island

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

JOHN CENA posted:

2. super mario world 2: yoshi's island

nice. did you get some of the bonus levels for getting all the coins and flowers?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
rez infinite. a decade+ chapter finally comes to a close. i want more mizuguchi stuff. please someone give him money. god i want tetris effect so bad

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ArfJason posted:

god i want tetris effect so bad
It's really fun, IDK why a bunch of people here didn't like it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's really fun, IDK why a bunch of people here didn't like it

cause they are capital r retarded

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

who the heck doesn't like tetris effect? I haven't played it yet but it looks like it just wraps one of gaming's all time greatest in a pleasing shell and adds features.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

who the heck doesn't like tetris effect? I haven't played it yet but it looks like it just wraps one of gaming's all time greatest in a pleasing shell and adds features.
It's totally possible I'm misremembering again

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

ArfJason posted:

rez infinite. a decade+ chapter finally comes to a close. i want more mizuguchi stuff. please someone give him money. god i want tetris effect so bad

ArfJason if you have pc or Xbox it is on game pass you can get a month for 99crnts if new

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Thank you doom co creator and gaming legend john romero