Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
posting for no reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

are you gonna beat Cubivore this year?

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Grand Prix all cups 3 stars EXCEPT 200CC cups I only got gold on: Special, Egg, Crossing, Shell, Banana, Lightning, Triforce, Bell)

ill probably get the remaining 3 stars soon...

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
when i swapped to baby rosalina (after using normal rosalina) and got more used to braking on sharp turns it started resembling a playable game again

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Grand Prix all cups 3 stars EXCEPT 200CC cups I only got gold on: Special, Egg, Crossing, Shell, Banana, Lightning, Triforce, Bell)

ill probably get the remaining 3 stars soon...

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Grand Prix ALL CUPS IN 50CC, 100CC, 150CC, MIRROR AND 200CC 3 STARS)

switched to a Waluigi setup for a couple of cups near the end but the last one I did (lightning cup) I was failing over and over and was getting insanely frustrated (gently caress grumble volcano) so i went back to Baby Rosalina for the hell of it and got it. :feelsgood:

You get nothing for getting 3 stars on all cups.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

ArfJason posted:

Baby Rosalina.

i used regular rosalina exclusively but switched at 200cc cuz the baby characters are easier to steer i think? what iread at least...

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

HalfHazard posted:

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes on Extreme. Code Name: Night Owl

nice one

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

Tetris effect is fine but its the sjw c*ck modern implementation of Tetris aka the t spin variety. Sad

This

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i thought far cry 2 was pretty good

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Grand Prix ALL CUPS IN 50CC, 100CC, 150CC, MIRROR AND 200CC 3 STARS)
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)

bleh. music is bad and the last 2 act zone was dogshit. will not be continuing with this

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
a lot of it is okay but it being made for the gba is a severe handicap

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Then I got to the hosed up last level that sends you all the way back to the start of the act if you die to any of the 3 bosses.

this was a glitch that the devs ended up keeping in because they liked it

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
play the jp version of ngiii (aka Ninja Ryukenden III) if you want an easy time

efb

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I think I'm ok with limited continues, but we'll see how it goes. I definitely wanna get better at the first game in the future

if you've already grinded past the checkpoints while credit feeding a basic 1CC isn't far away. a no death isn't even all that hard, that just comes down to the last stage really

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

herculon posted:

Super Castlevania 4 - the diagonal and upward whipping and the stairs being more forgiving were definitely major upgrades, but I think 3 is still a better game.

yeah agreed. aesthetically Super Castlevania 4 is the poo poo, just really great moody atmosphere throughout, but it's too long and the whole first half of the game is a complete cakewalk so it's kind of a drag to play repetitively

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
beat ganon's tower in legend mode on hyrule warriors. thought i'd get credits or something and be able to make an official games beat post here but maybe i need to do the two remeaining linkle and cia missions too i guess? but that just might unlock more missions

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

welcome posted:

Life Is Strange

agreed

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)
3. Alien Syndrome (US version, 1-ALL 1CC no death, reached 2-6) - video

great creepy atmosphere in this game. definitely going to keep going with it

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)
4. Sonic 3 Complete (Knuckles)

hadn't done a knuckles playthrough in a long time, was gonna do it last weekend but just didnt for whatever reason. I remember it being a little longer, like I seem to remember there being a little bit more between Lava Reef and the final boss but guess not. I got stuck inside of a wall or blocked off test area and had to reset a total of Four times.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

didn't want to try AIR?

nah i was playing on my Genesis

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)
4. Sonic 3 Complete (Knuckles, Tails)

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)
5. Tatsujin Ou New Version (1-ALL 1CC) - video

Is it in poor taste to include your own romhack on a games beat list

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

In Training posted:

The details of my life are quite inconsequential. I played this game on a display SNES at Sears while my family was waiting to get out family portrait taken. Even at 12 years old something about the way it looked troubled me. It looked like plastic where the preceding two games looked like clay. It stank of the worst type of appalachian Americana. Who invited the Country Bear Jamboree?
                                                                                                                                                                              /

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)
5. Super Mario World (96 exits)

What a great game

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
its the best of the trilogy. wake up sheeple

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
metal gear?!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)
6. Super Mario All-Stars: Super Mario Bros. (no warps, no continues)

usually id play it on NES but the super nintendo was hooked up

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

elf help book posted:

i beat persona 5 in 2017

me too

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)
7. Truxton II (1-ALL, 1CC) - video

hardest shmup i ever beat. took like 200 hours

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
thx yall

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)
8. Bonk's Adventure (NES)

one of those chill hudson nes sidescrollers with cool music, like Jackie Chan's Action Kung-Fu and Adventure Island. one of the first games i discovered through emulation back in the early 2000's. two or three bosses kind of suck

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)
9. Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu (NES, no death)

a solid sidescroller i was passingly familiar with from my early days of browsing through roms. most of the game isn't very demanding, and the special attacks you get aren't really useful beyond getting extra damage + i-frames on bosses except for the one where you blanka-roll across the screen, which incidentally isn't super useful on bosses. the charge-up attack i never used. the stages could've been a bit harder considering how tough the final bosses are as most of my attempts were reaching the final bosses with ease and then eating poo poo because i couldn't figure out a strategy, even after continuing some to practice them. a no damage run i could see being doable but idk if i like this game enough to keep going. kickass music

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
4's aesthetics are near-unmatched in classic Castlevania, but it's too long and the first half is too easy, which if you're trying for a 1CC makes it a slog after a while. 1, 3 and Bloodlines have tighter designs which makes extended play more enjoyable

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)
10. Persona 4 (Normal ending)

i think i like this one better than 5. it's shorter and no part of it drags, characters are more memorable, the story is much more interesting. im probably about to hop right into ng+ in fact.

i only made it a little over halfway thru 3 because some midboss walled me hard and i kinda drifted away but my ranking currently stands 4>5>3. i will try 3 again but i think i'll emulate the psp version instead of fes

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

The ruling is Fadam needs to be decapitated with a scimitar ISIS style for introducing imp zone pioneer.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
yeah i burnt out on that cuz theres not much to do but fight dudes

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

ArfJason posted:

They caught all the apes.

[in tears] they could escape again!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)
11. Castlevania (NES, 1-ALL, no death, game over at 2-4) - video

pretty much perfect first five stages with a sloppy final stage. second loop destroyed me, bats and medusas are freaking everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)
11. Castlevania (NES, 1-ALL, no death, game over at 2-4) - video
12. Yakuza Kiwami

35:4x, 26.04%

guess ill do premium adventure for a while til i get bored