Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Placeholder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

1. Koudelka. I ended up really liking this despite the fact that half the game is random battles. I'm excited to move on to Shadow Hearts

what ending did you get? also enjoy SH, wicked cool games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Reserved. This is absolutely THE year for gaming... I plan on completing approximately 100 games before this time next year. Stay tuned imps, this is gonna be BIG!

gently caress yeah bro. You're crushing it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fadam posted:

1. Far Cry

Pretty miserable game. The first ~30% or so is actually kind of cool for a 2004 shooter, the maps are huge and the enemies are really lethal but also die really fast so you have to run around and set up traps and ambushes to clear areas. Then they add a bunch of mutants with a buttload of HP and OHKO melee attacks and keep putting you in levels where you're running through narrow corridors over and over. They didn't put any health packs in the last level and the last area is a big rear end volcano that's filled with invisible hit scanners. Oh well, now I can play Far Cry 2 guilt free :cheers:

Are you gonna play the Wii game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Reserved .

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mamkute posted:

1. Tales of Berseria (Moderate, All Expedition Treasures, Shenglong Defeated, Milla Defeated, Dark Turtlez Defeated, Phoenix Defeated)

Congrats on standing a chance

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fadam posted:

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2

I absolutely loved the first two hours of this game, and really hated the other 18. I no longer plan on playing every game in the Far Cry series.

Coward.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sudden Javelin posted:

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

I'm likely to keep playing this til Rise is out but I beat Valstrax and saw the credits so I'm listing it. very cool boss fight even if I did do a real poo poo job of it. been using aerial dual blades for the most part.

Haven't gotten to the end of G rank yet also but looking forward to whatever monster comes out of nowhere at the end

The G rank finale is one of my all time favorite hunts. It's dope

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

1. Yakuza Kiwami. The year of Yakuza starting strong

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

herculon posted:

The Castlevania Adventure (Game Boy)

Castlevania Adventure II kicks rear end, in case you were on the fence about playing the sequel

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

4) Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (4P Co-op, Hard mode) - All Bonus Dungeons Complete - 2/6/2021

Extremely long but really fun co-op game. The bonus content was a little uninspired but overall I loved the game...the final bonus boss took us over an hour and a half lol, it was one of the most ridiculous bosses I've ever seen in a game like this

Grade: -144.57
See me after class

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dongicus posted:

Pathologic 2 - Incredible game. Reminds me a lot of morrowind in that you're exploring a completely alien culture and have to piece together a lot of things by yourself through dialogue and context clues. Good poo poo, get the feeling I've missed a lot of content though, so I'll replay it pretty soon.

I really hope they get to make the other 2 characters

think about this game on a weekly basis since I played it last year. it's such a great experience, and yeah, one of those games where I couldn't even tell how much of anything I was doing was something somebody else even came across bc of how open the path to the finale is.

my favorite character was grace, the graveyard caretaker driven insane by the pile of plague corpses. i don't know if you ever even really have to interact with her but I checked in every day to try to keep her psyche intact. stuff like that sticks with me and it's basically mechanically pointless.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also liked stopping by the nutshell bc I fixed a lamp for the kids there and I wanted to see if the lightbulb kept working until the final day.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

2. Spyro 3, 117%. Good poo poo even if a lot of the random mini games they made were kind of whack. At least there was a metric fuckton of them so there was always something different around the corner. And all the actual levels themselves were good.

In Training fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Feb 17, 2021

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Quote posted:

Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie's Double Trouble.

I played this game on a display SNES at Sears while my family was waiting to get out family portrait taken. Even at 12 years old something about the way it looked troubled me. It looked like plastic where the preceding two games looked like clay. It stank of the worst type of appalachian Americana. Who invited the Country Bear Jamboree?

Who would ever swap the jungle for this setting? The first world especially doesn't feel like DKC at all. I feel like I'm playing a cheap Salute Your Shorts tie in by Acclaim or Interplay. Donkey Lips Kong.

I remember my mother coming to check on me periodically at the demo kiosk. The year before I'd gotten lost in a blizzard and she went through a very protective phase. She was wearing a black dress and shiny earrings. This was 18 years before American politics snapped her brain and she created an unhealable rift between us.

"Is this something you'd want for Christmas?" she asked.

I shook my head and felt the stiff collar of my white shirt rub against my neck. I already had an N64. I had played Mario 64. This game, brand new, was already a relic.

The game stuffers without David Wise doing the music. The music that is there is servicible, but I can't help but wonder about the jug band bops and hambone beats that Wise would have written with the new setting. But even that would have been a poor balm to spread over uninspired levels. Never once did I get a wow moment. Never once was I pleasantly surprised by a new mechanic or the placement of a bonus barrel.

Why does Kiddy Kong exist? He brings no new mechanics to the game. He serves the same role as DK did in the first game. He's the heavy. We have a heavy. His name is Donkey Kong. The main character of the series is unplayable more often than not in the SNES trilogy that bears his name.

There is one thing that I will give the game credit for--i found all the secrets myself. The removal of bustable walls that are all but unmarked is to thank for this. It was a black mark on the original and I'm glad it's gone.

I can't recommend this game. I played it because it occupied a small space in my head for 20 years. Space that can now be cleared, ready to be occupied by some other skulking thing that took root when I was young and the world was magic.

103% 6 hours 12 minutes. Rating: Kool Kong

Lol cool write up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The details of my life are quite inconsequential. I played this game on a display SNES at Sears while my family was waiting to get out family portrait taken. Even at 12 years old something about the way it looked troubled me. It looked like plastic where the preceding two games looked like clay. It stank of the worst type of appalachian Americana. Who invited the Country Bear Jamboree?
                                                                                                                                                                              /

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

Hunter s thompson: i was nobody at the time and met up with a sailor from the yucatan pulling a second shift as supplier for the zetas. The drugs got him years later, and it made no headlines, but what made the papers were his wares, and for good reason. He was hip enough to use the obviously fake name "Uncle N.", and supplied nitrites so powerful they could propel the challenger and have enough for the trip back home. I took a whiff of some poppers and followed him down a hallway. Whatever room wasnt plastered with leather daddies and fetish gear was covered in glass bottle shards from the brawls taking place earlier, but soon he took me to a special pristine room, for a unique new type of gas.

In this clinical room, he turns on the lone computer.
i beat gender bender gas dna twister.
It was then that i knew, football season truly was over.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

I remember when I had my own web site in 2004 and I wrote epic screeds about my life for each video game review of hits like illusion of gaia, earthbound and Intellivision's beauty and the beast.

when do we get to see your sprite comic, op?

I made a video game blog in grade school where I wrote multiple entries about how Sonic Adventure DX was the greatest game of all time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Wild Arms. Really fantastic game, definitely gonna continue the series

WA2 pwns, 3 seems cool too though I barely started it, been sitting on my ps4 for ages

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

3. Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly (100%). The game is a real turd that barely runs and has constant audio glitches. I looked it up and apparently it's the only game the studio ever made, pretty cool

In Training fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Feb 27, 2021

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"Universal Interactive originally licensed the studio to develop two Spyro titles (which the studio chose to develop at the same time), causing the game to be only 15% complete when they reached their deadline. Universal Interactive refused to give the team an extension and released the game in this state, with the team being forced to rework the Ripto miniboss into the final boss of the game."

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I used to rent and play through games overnight with my friend and one of the ones we played was Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon for the Wii. It's a huge pile from the era where they used to make 3 different versions of the same game, one for Wii, one for PS360 and one for handhelds. hope you enjoy it IT.

theres also a ps2 release of that one, im probably gonna choose that version.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

4. Monster Hunter: World (basegame). Replayed this to get hype for Rise. It's still dope but the cutscene stuff is extremely annoying, especially on replay.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

Remember the first hour or so of Death Stranding gameplay where Die-Hardman and Deadman are hitting up your codec every 20 steps to explain a new gameplay mechanic to you? Imagine that, but for 50 straight hours.

they're just trying to make good on their e3 trailers, they don't want to be accused of false advertising

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

5. Dragon Quest

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

6. Dragon Quest II. I've never finished this one before, got stuck frustrated when I tried the NES version years ago during the Summer of Dragon Quest. The switch port is great though, whatever they changed to make the numbers less stressful worked perfectly. Awesome expansion of 1, even though some of the dungeons still had awful design. I used a map in Cave of Rhône when I started falling through the floor randomly. Starting III tonight, can't wait to keep trucking.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

iii is so good, imo the best nes one

I've started it multiple times and really liked it but i had the same problem I had with ffv, I'd play aboht a third of it and get mad I was playing on a phone with touch controls. last year I finally played ffv and loved it and now it's time to make DQ amends

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

do we have a bounty system for Server First clears now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trading in my 2022 Imp Zone Pioneer - Assassin's Creed: Safari token for 5 emptyquotes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

we all beat persona 5 strikers while living at the same orphanage but forgot about it due to retrograde amnesia caused by a time travelling witch's curse

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

7. Dragon Quest III. Insanely epic. Might be in my top 3 dragon quests, but I need to replay IV, which, hell. Nows the time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Klowner posted:

Dark Souls 3 (All Trophies, 100% Inventory, No Cheats/Mods)

nice. Personally I also just got the dark souls III platinum (cheated by lying about it)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

stfu

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The last time someone posted about a game in here without having recently beat it. NSFL.

https://streamable.com/0bpr9d

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

POV 35 minutes after you asked the Boys to defend their FF tier lists

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. SaGa Scarlet Grace: AMBITIONS (Urpina playthrough). I thought I finished the game halfway through but then you just have to wander around the map multiple times collecting Shards and dispelling rumors until eventually you stumble into the final boss. Absolutely baffling game narratively but the combat system and regional stories were so cool I never minded. Only annoying thing is that by the last third your blacksmith is maxed out and you have all the gear you'll ever need so the difficulty doesn't really change much. But also at that point the world map starts filling up with bonus bosses to battle (I collected Quintshards for beating them, no clue what they do).

Looking online for info finally I probably saw like 20% of what's in this game and there are 4 playable characters to start with and a fuckload of missable characters to recruit and Events to find. Might start a NG+ file to see what it's like! Highly recommended for anybody looking for a deece switch JRPG.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

Alucard is Dracula spelled backwards.

Holy mother of god.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Right. I’m fairly certain In Training or someone else smashed through the village in one sitting.

I haven't finished village yet but I am HR6.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to do an Iai Counter Slash on fadam and cut him in half for the Pioneer bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol