Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

mycophobia posted:

i thought far cry 2 was pretty good

this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Xenogears - epic

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Vagrant Story - cool game but all the menuing got on my nerves and you fight the same dragon boss 12 times.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

return to castle wolfenstein. the game kicks rear end but lol at how terrible and easy the final boss is, like fps bosses are bad already but im not even sure what this guys attack was. anyway i didn't see anyone else had posted they'd beaten it yet so it looks like im also the imp zone pioneer on this one

I beat it right after release

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Ultimate Doom (PC) Ultra Violence - I think I'll play Doom II before Thy Flesh Consumed

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I liked 4 better and, before you try to call me a noob, keep in mind i have beaten Dark Souls--the hardest game of all time.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

mycophobia posted:

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Grand Prix ALL CUPS IN 50CC, 100CC, 150CC, MIRROR AND 200CC 3 STARS)
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)
3. Alien Syndrome (US version, 1-ALL 1CC no death, reached 2-6) - video
4. Sonic 3 Complete (Knuckles, Tails)
5. Super Mario World (96 exits)
6. Super Mario All-Stars: Super Mario Bros. (no warps, no continues)
7. Truxton II (1-ALL, 1CC) - video
8. Bonk's Adventure (NES)
9. Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu (NES, no death)
10. Persona 4 (Normal ending)

i think i like this one better than 5. it's shorter and no part of it drags, characters are more memorable, the story is much more interesting. im probably about to hop right into ng+ in fact.

i only made it a little over halfway thru 3 because some midboss walled me hard and i kinda drifted away but my ranking currently stands 4>5>3. i will try 3 again but i think i'll emulate the psp version instead of fes

if you can stick it out through 80 hours of tartarus and mostly bad slinks you will see 3 is better than 5

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Crispy Doom II PC Ultra Violence

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Ultimate Doom: Thy Flesh Consumed UV - Pretty good. The first two levels are really hard

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Grandia - good graphics, music and story but the battle system gets boring long before the game is over. there's some good boss fights though, just regular battles are boring

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Grandia 2 - better than the first game in most ways: they got rid of some tedious aspects that dragged the very good battle system from the first game down.

it's kind of hard to play because the ps2 version didn't work on my full bc ps3 and the hd remaster version on steam would crash 100% after a certain boss. apparently even the console versions of hd remaster crash often. luckily you can switch the steam version to the 'anniversary edition' released in 2010 which is stable.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Grandia 3 - not quite as good as the other two thanks to the story and some annoying battle system changes.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandia_Xtreme are u a bad enough dude to play grandia xtreme?

Yeah im not sure why i skipped that

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Dragon Warrior - pretty good despite being the first rpg ever. i was pleasantly surprised spells like outside, return, and repel are in the game

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Deacon St. James

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

fortunately i dont pay any attention to video game stories so this stuff doesnt bother me

it's cool when you play a 60 hour rpg and can't remember anythign that happened after two weeks

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

mycophobia posted:

[gets up from other computer to wobble the mouse on work computer so the Teams light stays green] UGH

i said in a team meeting that you can be working but the light will go yellow if the teams window doesn't have focus and everyone believed me.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Nostradingus posted:

Dragon Quest Builders 2. Definitely the best Minecraft-esque game.

they should make a new one every year or two

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Dragon Warrior VII - this game is long

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

In Training posted:

congrats. does the ps1 version have any postgame stuff

yeah but i'm not going to do it

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

To even do the postgame you have to do some insane brady games bullshit during the ending that you would never figure out on your own. You get teleprted inside the castle and everyone says “durr talk to the king” who is right in front of you then you lose control if you talk to him. Turns out, you’re supposed to leave the castle, go down a well, leave a key item (you have like 20 of these at this point) in a chest??? Then leave town entirely to talk to a guy you forgot about 80 hours ago who lets you save for some reason…. gently caress you Yuji Hori!!!

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

What was your final save file time. I looked it up and the Any% record is 15 hours and bizarrely the 3DS version is like 23 hours lol

98:05 before doing the final dungeon so probably 99 hrs after the ending. I did a bunch of grinding to get everyone the Hero job though.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Link's Awakening DX

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse - pretty good overall but i hated the last dungeon. the final boss makes up for it though. i think my favorite improvement over IV is how much easier it is to determine your ending. I can't remember what they changed about smirk. Did they add Magaon (removes smirk) maybe? I put that on the mc asap and kept it there the whole game.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition - I can't believe how gigantic this game is in all dimensions. 20+ giant areas, a thousand quests, 8 hr ost, 7 party members with multiple play styles for each, arts, skill trees, skill links, skill chains, gems, gem crafting, 5 armor slots per character, affinity between party members, affinity between npcs, affinity between areas, etc. I can't imagine trying to 100% it.

I like XBC2 a little better: it's funnier and Pyra, Mythra, and numerous Blades all have huge boobs.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Baxate posted:

Suikoden

Not as good as the sequel of course, but still very good, and its only 20 hours in length.

yeah i like how short it is

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

lol

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Shin Megami Tensei V - my least favorite out of 3, 4 and 4A. the battle system is as good as ever and i mostly like the changes but the story is barely there and not interesting at all. it's fun exploring the large areas trying to find all the quests and treasures but it's spoiled somewhat by a bad framerate. i may come back and do another play through for the true ending but i'm going to play something else first

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Here's my list for 2021:

Xenogears
Vagrant Story
Ultimate Doom
Doom II
Grandia
Grandia 2
Grandia 3
Dragon Warrior
Dragon Warrior VII
Link's Awakening DX
Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse
Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
Shin Megami Tensei V

I can't choose between Grandia and Grandia 2 as my favorite

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

i beat the hit megadrive game "alissa dragoon" with a rank of "Goblin Magician"

Thanks for your support all.

if you're a fan of the short lived b, c, and d-list "anime babe in fantasy saving a fantasy world" action platformer genre that flourished on the megadrive and pc engeine then check out Alissa Dragoon from game arts and gainax TODAY.

game arts win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Lol