Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Happy New Year Imp Zone. Let's beat some games.

This year I'm going to try and finish all the games I started last year before starting anything new, but there are some very tempting games on the horizon...

1) Ninja Gaiden (NES) - 1/26/2021
2) Ninja Gaiden II - The Dark Sword of Chaos (NES) - 1/26/2021
3) Ys Origin (Nightmare/Toal) - 1/28/2021
3.1) Ys Origin (Nightmare/Hugo) - 1/30/2021
4) Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (4P Co-op, Hard mode) - All Bonus Dungeons Complete - 2/6/2021
5) Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (co-op) - 3/14/2021
6) La-Mulana 2 (Hard Mode, 100%) - 3/22/2021
7) Monster Hunter Rise - 4/6/2021
8) Slap City - Story Mode with all characters - 6/7/2021
9) The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (13 hearts/Green Armor/Master Sword) - 6/23/2021
10) Doom II: Hell on Earth - (Ultra-Violence 100% Kills/100% Items*/100% Secrets on all 32 maps) using the PrBoom-plus source port - 8/3/2021
11) The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures - 4p co-op on Dolphin - 8/6/2021
12) Doom: Ancient Aliens (All 32 Maps Ultra-Violence/Pistol Start/No mid-level saves) - 8/23/2021
13) Big's Big World - Good Ending - 8/24/2021
14) Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - 4 Player Co-op - 10/13/2021
15) Etrian Odyssey V - (Advanced mode with Fencer/Masurao/Harbinger/Necromancer/Rover) - 10/20/2021
16) Silent Hill 4: The Room - Halloween playthrough, worst ending - 10/31/2021
16.1) Silent Hill 4: The Room (Best Ending) - 11/01/2021
17) Metroid Dread (100% in 8:09:25) - 11/11/2021
18) Fight Knight - 12/1/2021
19) Tetris Effect: Connected Journey mode - 12/1/2021
20) Bowser's Fury (100 Cat Shines) - 12/9/2021
21) Shin Megami Tenesi V - (Hard, Neutral, Demi-Fiend defeated) - 12/17/2021
22) Super Metroid (46%, 1:12) - 12/31/2021

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jan 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWDJhIpep4o this song is good

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

1) Ninja Gaiden (NES) - 1/26/2021

I've always wanted to beat this game, and I finally have. Albeit with like a 30 continue clear lol. I actually thought this game started out relatively forgiving compared to what I'd heard, checkpoints were everywhere and dying to a boss only sent you back to the last part of the stage. Then I got to the hosed up last level that sends you all the way back to the start of the act if you die to any of the 3 bosses. It was really satisfying getting good at that last level as ridiculous as it is.

They will see me next, I definitely wanna play the other 2 now.

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jan 26, 2021

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mycophobia posted:

this was a glitch that the devs ended up keeping in because they liked it

Lol well...I kinda like it too.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

2) Ninja Gaiden II - The Dark Sword of Chaos (NES) - 1/26/2021

Quite a lot easier than the first one but there are still some giant dickhead enemies in this and a few annoying gimmicks in the early levels. The bosses are also a lot less prone to cheese since they removed the spin slash move which was a bit too ridiculous in the first game. Really fun and still feels great to control. I haven't ever even looked at the third game so I'm excited to see what it has in store.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I think I'm ok with limited continues, but we'll see how it goes. I definitely wanna get better at the first game in the future

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

fadam posted:

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
3. Halo 2: Legendary Co-op

The shittiest of the campaigns I think. The Covenant weapons feel really awful in this one and you have to use them for most of it.

The carbine is amazing dude. as is the beam rifle

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

3) Ys Origin (Nightmare/Toal) - 1/28/2021

So drat good, Toal is such a blast to play as. There were a few roadblocks on Nightmare but overall it wasn't too bad difficulty wise. Love the true final boss

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 28, 2021

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

3.1) Ys Origin (Nightmare/Hugo) - 1/30/2021

Always thought Hugo was pretty boring so I never finished a playthrough with him, but his overpoweredness kind of lends itself to Nightmare mode. The final boss was really good with him. Now I've unlocked the bonus modes for the first time ever I so I may give EX Yunica a try on Nightmare as well.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Nice work gamer

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mycophobia posted:

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Grand Prix ALL CUPS IN 50CC, 100CC, 150CC, MIRROR AND 200CC 3 STARS)
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)
3. Alien Syndrome (US version, 1-ALL 1CC no death, reached 2-6) - video
4. Sonic 3 Complete (Knuckles)

hadn't done a knuckles playthrough in a long time, was gonna do it last weekend but just didnt for whatever reason. I remember it being a little longer, like I seem to remember there being a little bit more between Lava Reef and the final boss but guess not. I got stuck inside of a wall or blocked off test area and had to reset a total of Four times.

didn't want to try AIR?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

4) Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (4P Co-op, Hard mode) - All Bonus Dungeons Complete - 2/6/2021

Extremely long but really fun co-op game. The bonus content was a little uninspired but overall I loved the game...the final bonus boss took us over an hour and a half lol, it was one of the most ridiculous bosses I've ever seen in a game like this

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Feb 7, 2021

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ArfJason posted:

Hermione:Its SaGa, not saga.

Lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I made a video game blog in grade school where I wrote multiple entries about how Sonic Adventure DX was the greatest game of all time.

You were right

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I used to rent and play through games overnight with my friend and one of the ones we played was Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon for the Wii. It's a huge pile from the era where they used to make 3 different versions of the same game, one for Wii, one for PS360 and one for handhelds. hope you enjoy it IT.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I want to play wizardry 7 pretty bad but I probably never will because the wizardry 6 save I was going to carry over corrupted in the final dungeon after 60 hours

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I know there is some end game content, but not sure if gonna take part...

It seems pretty extensive before reaching the perfection tracker or w/e. if you haven't fixed willy's boat yet there's a whole massive new area full of stuff

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

5) Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (co-op)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The Klowner posted:

coop runs are sweet. final verdict on the game?

Really easy co-op of course, if I ever play it again I might try and convince my friend to do low SL or something. I've always liked DS2, the weapon variety is really good and I ended up using like 8 different weapons this run. Used several different hammers after getting an early demon's great hammer, then different DLC weapons once we made it there, ending up with the fume greatsword and powerstanced bone fists.

We're doing 3 next and I'm going with sorcery which I've never really done in any souls.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

6) La-Mulana 2 (Hard Mode, 100%)

I can't say it's flawless, but drat it if doesn't have every single thing I want in a 2D game. Perfect soundtrack, amazing exploration and puzzles, and tough as nails bosses and mini-bosses. Hard mode really ramps up the bosses and mini-bosses, they all get new patterns and smaller windows to hit them. I already miss it and I finished it 5 minutes ago. One of the GOATs. What I wouldn't give for more games like this.

Now I have every achievement in the game except for beating all of the bosses on hard mode without subweapons...Gotta get that one next time.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fartlancer posted:

Definitely try a randomizer run its perfect for this game.

https://github.com/Coookie93/LaMulana2Randomizer

Lol I downloaded it at 3am last night and started one. I got a lot of great stuff in the village but my first area was the hall of malice which I don't think I can escape from due to the corridor of blood starting vertical there

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 22, 2021

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

I never pick alucard because he sucks and his routes stages are all terrible EXPECIALLY the falling block stage

I was trying to play with just trevor once and picked alucard. Big mistake

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

castlevania 4 is only better if youre a noob

indeed

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Waiting for the Official Imp Zone Ruling on this.

Finishing Hub as Village monsters in this game have like no health at all

I personally haven't even marked MHGU as beaten even though I've played it for almost 400 hours but that's just on me.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

7) Monster Hunter Rise

All quests currently in the game cleared, many of them several times. Going to be playing a whole lot more but I can't wait for the updates.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Post your weapon usage chart

very well

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I don't have to imagine it. Though due to my current obsession with games that I wouldn't consider beaten without fully completing them my lists are growing shorter every year.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

• Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Oxenfree
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Night in the Woods
  • Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2
  • Yakuza 3 Remastered
  • Binary Domain

Which ending?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

fadam posted:

Insanity, Renegade Lesbian, All Side Quests

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sounds like a whole different experience than the Renegade Lesbian run.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

Sonic Unleashed

How many medals.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

Lmfao

Does any one have the video of missing the click

https://clips.twitch.tv/SmoggyFaithfulHummingbirdLeeroyJenkins

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

it's not that important iirc because using aeons is usually a trap except in situations like that big blob thing in the arena. every final fantasy gives you these big flashy summons and then a reason not to use them at all, lol

Aeons are extremely strong lol. For the story at least

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

8) Slap City - Story Mode with all characters

Probably the only fun I've had in smash singleplayer since like melee adventure mode when I was 12

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

even I think forces isn't remotely worth putting any time into, it's just that boring

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

25. Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne (PS2 ver., True Demon Ending). figured I was going to absolutely love this game and it exceeded my own wildly inflated expectations. it loving kicks rear end from minute one until the end. almost tempted to start again on Hard and try a different team but ill do that some other day in the future when the remaster goes on sale for 5 bucks.

Do it again now with the hardtype mod op

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

9) The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (13 hearts/Green Armor/Master Sword)

The hardest part about this was just that you have to spin attack to even hit Ganon but it's never been a super hard game regardless of what you're doing. It was fun to revisit, it's been a while. Probably gonna start up LBW after this but I'm gonna take that one slow.

welcome posted:

The Legend of Zelda - 2nd quest swordless

Way easier overall due to earlier wand/bomb upgrades + only one forced wizrobe fight.

Yeah it's so much easier to get going than first quest. First quest just has some nightmare rooms in L5 and L6 and there's still a ton of wizzrobes even after you finally get the wand

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It doesn't favor button mashing as much as it requires you to use boss weaknesses if you don't want to spend forever on the bosses. If an enemy flashes red to an attack they're weak to it and if they flash blue they resist it. Even so you can for sure dodge well enough to kill nearly any boss with any glyph, some will just take a lot longer. There's even a minor reward for no-hitting bosses. You get the ability to quick swap glyphs pretty early on (immediately on hard mode) and it's a much bigger part of the game than others where you typically just stick with your strongest weapon.

You certainly can button mash like crazy if you want to use the rapier or secare for the whole game but most other glyphs, especially magic ones, require you to alternate x and y with a little more timing.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

10) Doom II: Hell on Earth - (Ultra-Violence 100% Kills/100% Items*/100% Secrets on all 32 maps) using the PrBoom-plus source port

An imp killed me after I blew up the Icon of Sin and it counted. Good enough for me. what a terrible boss lol. There's a lot of annoying maps in the city levels and the beginning of the hell levels but I enjoyed it a decent amount overall, I can't wait to play some wads now.

Glad to have finally done it. Now I can play IMPZONE.wad

*MAP 27 blows for many reasons but you also can't get all the items in it. Not that you should want to but there are 2 computer maps in it and you can only pick up one. still not sure why I bothered going for 100% items

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The Sega version is the first one I've played with clip picross and it looks like you have to unlock all the clip pieces by playing all 3 other modes...gonna 100% this bitch