Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

1. Koudelka. I ended up really liking this despite the fact that half the game is random battles. I'm excited to move on to Shadow Hearts
The first two Shadow Hearts games are great, I hope you like them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ArfJason posted:

god i want tetris effect so bad
It's really fun, IDK why a bunch of people here didn't like it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

who the heck doesn't like tetris effect? I haven't played it yet but it looks like it just wraps one of gaming's all time greatest in a pleasing shell and adds features.
It's totally possible I'm misremembering again

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

welcome posted:

Final Fantasy Legend II

Robots are cool but RIP to evolving into unbelievably OP monsters an hour into the game like the original.
Does the Switch bundle come with the original American instruction manuals as a bonus? The Legends III manual is pretty great.

http://www.thegameisafootarcade.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Final-Fantasy-Legend-III-Game-Manual.pdf

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

WEEDCAT posted:

Middle Earth: Shadow of War

The nemesis system is cool and does a great job of making orc captains varied and interesting.
Love to fight an orc named Jezub who has a poison sword and fire axe that differentiates him from an orc named Jebuz who has a fire sword and poison axe. The gameplay is emerging.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cubone posted:

the nemesis system never seemed that cool to me because I never got any of the revenge mechanics or recurring dudes
I think maybe because all I did was kill them (but like... why wouldn't I???)
it was just this endlessly replenishing chessboard of orc boys that the game would say were "enraged by spiders" or "flatulent" or whatever. idk dude seems to me like they all die the same
I had a good experience with the nemesis system in Shadow of Mordor, the first time I played it. But it's too easy after that first playthrough, and Shadow of War is way too long and aimless, for it to do much that's interesting.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

also kiddy kong exists because rare are a bunch of perverted freaks that find the babys stinky diaper irresistible op

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lets hang out posted:

5. Kowloon High-School Chronicle
How was this? I saw it in the Switch store and it seemed interesting.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jenny Agutter posted:

Thumper in VR. hell of a game, my hands are still shaking. last level was one of the most intense gaming experiences i've ever had
Thumper's definitely the best VR game I've played. Fantastic game.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Picross S, all regular puzzles no hints. Doing the Mega Picross puzzles now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

b_d posted:

mega picross ftw. have you done it before?
No, this was my first Picross game. I've done the first page of Mega puzzles and they're not as bad as the tutorial made them seem. The 20x15 regular puzzles were way too easy so I'm hoping these will be more challenging.