Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
1. Nier Automata (A, B, C, D, E, G, M, O)
2. Rusty Lake Hotel
3. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (100%)
4. Blazing Lazers
5. We Love Katamari
6. Lakeview Cabin 2 (early access, episodes 1 and 2 all endings)
7. Oxenfree
8. Resident Evil Village (village of shadows, all challenges, all unlocks, mercenaries SSS)
9. DOOM (hurt me plenty)
10. Neversong
11. Later Alligator
12. Batman: The Telltale Series
13. Google Doodle Champion Island Games (all trophies)
14. Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin
15. Oxygen Not Included (No Sweat, Home Sweet Home)
16. Psychonauts 2 (100%)
17. Weird City Interloper (26/26 topics, uttered the second lingomancer phrase and destroyed the godharness)
18. Inscryption (game complete, 100% achievements)
19. The Messenger
20. Sethian
21. Monster Bash (episode 1)

Cubone fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Dec 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
did not go as planned

I was going to see all the endings then wrap up some cheevos I didn't take care of but I ended up playing the credits game and I got help from a previous player's sacrifice (ty Hoppy from Taiwan who likes 9S) but while playing I took a hit and Hoppy's data was deleted, which I didn't know could happen. so when they asked me if I wanted to sacrifice my save data for another player, which I planned to do eventually, I couldn't say no because I didn't want Hoppy's sacrifice to be in vain.
(come to think of it they might not have meant Hoppy's data was removed from the server but I was pretty tired)
so I left the game finished but at like 80% completion w/r/t missions and poo poo. calling this one done until I'm not sad anymore

Cubone fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jan 25, 2021

Cubone
May 26, 2011

2. Rusty Lake Hotel

I guess this counts. bought it on a steam sale not knowing what it was. it's an escape room game. takes maybe an hour.
going in blind was kinda fun though. it's a bit like The Static Speaks My Name in that it doesn't give you a lot of context or tell you who the protagonist is or what they're doing but you can tell there's something off

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Brasseye posted:

That guy called me a spineless worm and i didnt even stab him in the back. i think he's just rude

how did you know you're talking about the same guy if you didn't stab him in the back

Cubone
May 26, 2011

it's kind of surprising how much donut county sucks because it's a katamari rip-off and katamari owns, but everything that works in katamari just doesn't work in donut county
the levels are too small, there's not enough stuff in them, and just on a basic level it doesn't make sense because why would a hole get bigger when you put stuff in it?

in katamari, there's a great sense of progression because stuff that blocks your way (or is literally the ground you walk on) eventually you're rolling up into your cute growing chaos ball. you can't block a hole in the ground

and it's non-linear- it's thrilling when you get your katamari big enough to pick up traffic cones right when you're at a big line of traffic cones, you feel like you're nailing it.
donut county, if it's not time for you to collect that yet, you just don't collect it and find something you can, and it's just like rock -> bigger rock -> bigger rock -> oh the level's over

I give indie games a lot of leeway, but at some point I just had to admit I wasn't having fun

Cubone
May 26, 2011

the nemesis system never seemed that cool to me because I never got any of the revenge mechanics or recurring dudes
I think maybe because all I did was kill them (but like... why wouldn't I???)
it was just this endlessly replenishing chessboard of orc boys that the game would say were "enraged by spiders" or "flatulent" or whatever. idk dude seems to me like they all die the same

Cubone
May 26, 2011

mycophobia posted:

metal gear?!

you knew!?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

2. Rusty Lake Hotel
3. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (S-rank on everything but 12, 34, and 40, 80% side ops)

I think I'm done

I forgot about the create-a-character at the beginning so it was pretty funny when Ocelot told Big Boss "this is your new identity" and handed him a passport for "Spaceman Puddinpop"

e: never mind I finished the side ops and S ranks

e2: never mind I 100% it

Cubone fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Apr 12, 2021

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I want a remake in the style of Bomberman: Act Zero.

wtf

Cubone
May 26, 2011

2. Rusty Lake Hotel
4. Blazing Lazers
5. We Love Katamari

are you supposed to beat Oxenfree a certain number of times? on my second run I collected all the letters and found all the rock radio thingers and got the ending where you don't go to the island, which seemed like a logical closure point, but there's still an option to continue. would I just be sending the perspicacious teens back to hell? hmhmhm
if not, 7. Oxenfree

Cubone
May 26, 2011

resident evil 8 on normal

Cubone
May 26, 2011

lmao

Cubone
May 26, 2011

in mass effect 1 you visit a blue lady who says a bunch of new age gobbledygook and if you reply "thanks I guess" she sucks your dick against your will
I was doing a gay man run and this completely ruined it

Cubone
May 26, 2011

DOOM (hurt me plenty)

this game kicks rear end

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Neversong

it was ok
short, intuitive indie puzzle platformer with simple but smooth hack n slash combat. dug the atmosphere and the setting
but I'm getting pretty sick of games revealing near the end that whatever you thought was going on isn't happening because it's actually a metaphor
hey, metaphors supposed to make both kinds of sense. you don't tell the story of the grasshopper and the ant by going "the grasshopper and the ant strapped on their jetpacks to shoot lasers through the 8 sinister worlds of dr. catastrophe!" and then at the end go "the grasshopper woke up in a frozen winter hellscape. no food. his friend the ant was nowhere to be seen" what the gently caress are you talking about?
just let me go on an adventure for gently caress's sake. and sto making me straight

Cubone
May 26, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

fortunately i dont pay any attention to video game stories so this stuff doesnt bother me
how did you make it through Wizard Sniffer

Cubone
May 26, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

i shall not ever play that game op
[in the tone of voice of somebody telling you to listen to King Crimson]

gotta play Wizard Sniffer, man
gotta play Wizard Sniffer

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Later Alligator

cute

wasn't sure what this was, thought it was like a mystery adventure game or something?
it's not, really, it's a... cute alligator game. :shrug:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Simply Simon posted:

- Hades*
- Slay the Spire*

*as much as you can "beat" a Roguelike
all the fuckin way b*tch lmao

Cubone
May 26, 2011

[chuckling nervously and tugging at collar]
haha wow that's heavy huh

anyway, uh, I beat Batman - The Telltale Series and I had some thoughts

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Google Doodle Champion Island Games (all trophies)

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin

Cubone
May 26, 2011

2. Rusty Lake Hotel
4. Blazing Lazers
5. We Love Katamari
7. Oxenfree
8. Resident Evil Village (village of shadows, all challenges, all unlocks, mercenaries SSS)
9. DOOM (hurt me plenty)
10. Neversong
11. Later Alligator
12. Batman: The Telltale Series
13. Google Doodle Champion Island Games (all trophies)
14. Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin
15. Oxygen Not Included (No Sweat, Home Sweet Home)

it played a cutscene, I'm counting it

this is probably the best I've ever done at, whatever this type of game is
it has a nice smooth learning curve ala Don't Starve where you figure poo poo out just from playing
I restarted like 3 times, not out of frustration, just like "ok I could have done this way better"

I could probably keep improving, there's a lot of micromanaging that I'm pretty sure I could fully automate, but gently caress it, Psychonauts 2 awaits

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Psychonauts 2

still loving around in the postgame, might 100% later

possibly my goty? some of the levels were kinda samey around the middle but overall drat they really pulled this off

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Casey the cyberpunk sloth? in anthropomorphic Vancouver???

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Weird City Interloper (26/26 topics, uttered the second lingomancer phrase and destroyed the godharness)

text adventures are cool

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Inscryption was good all day

kind of annoyed that the second half of the plot is buried at gps coordinates tattooed in the final boss's butthole, but I'll just ignore that until somebody writes an article

Cubone
May 26, 2011

I think you know in your own heart if you beat a game or not. no one's looking over your shoulder

if you use save states in mario world but only because you don't want to waste time going all the way back to top secret area and then star world to get your favorite color yoshi again, to me that's just being sensible
but if you used them because you can't beat Outrageous... like, c'mon

Cubone
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Does Cave Story count.
I wish more search action games were like Cave Story, where they tell me where to search and I search there. no sense mucking around

e: this post reads sarcastic but it's not

Cubone fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 17, 2021

Cubone
May 26, 2011

The Messenger

Cubone
May 26, 2011

b_d posted:

how'd you like it? i liked it the whole way through. it was really weird to have a huge lore dump at the very end though. didn't really fit the tone of the rest of the game. i don't even remember what it was about.
I skipped that cutscene lol
no idea what was going on by the end

I wasn't going to post my thoughts because, I don't have much to say about all the ways that it's good, and it would take a while to explain the things I didn't like, and I didn't want to sit here mostly bitching about a good game that I enjoyed

I guess I could just say I liked it? I somehow bought it without knowing about its big gimmick, so that was a cool turn. I liked the moment-to-moment gameplay, it's really good at getting you into the zone

I mostly just hated some of the layout choices
time gates blocking the only entrance to an area so you have to backtrack to get in there in the other time period, and maybe there's a secret there or maybe it's just an unclimbable wall, and in either case you'll probably have to backtrack again
screens that punish you for rushing in with instant kill smashers, which, fine, whatever, I don't have a problem with that on principle, but the rest of the game makes rushing in feel loving awesome, and they're always like 5 screens deep from the last checkpoint, so I keep getting into a flow on the way there and then blundering into the same deathtrap like an rear end in a top hat
also the shopkeeper's music kept getting stuck in my head
I guess that's it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLZ8o5rzhyk

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Sethian

learning the grammar of a made-up alien language to get information from one of their computers is a cool idea, but it has all the problems of normal text parsers except in a made up alien language, and the game is more about... uh, like, the philosophical question of whether self-determination is more valuable than lasting contentment? and it's so excited to get there that it basically leads you by the nose for the entire ~2 hours of game

Cubone
May 26, 2011

I only played the NES version of Elevator Action and I don't know why I'm surprised to learn there was a better arcade version, that's very normal

but I did play Elevator Action Returns in the Taito Legends 2 collection and it blew my mind because it's basically exactly how I imagined Elevator Action to be before I actually played it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Monster Bash (episode 1)