Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
1. Deadcore (normal ending): first person platforming, ftw.
2. Refunct (100%): short "chillcore" platformer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Baby Rosalina.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
yeah everyone i heard talking about its an alright dkc style game

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Prey (2017) this is gaming

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

fadam posted:

Are you going to do Mooncrash? It's also really good.

i didnt buy that and now that we're not on sale it seems pricey. Rip.

trying to jack off posted:

for sure, you can tell the archviles to gently caress off and then use a take down on them leaving behind a field of real photos of jewish corpses

mysterious loyall X posted:

archiviles sort of zig zagaround arbitrarily with no apparent destination or forethought and respect arbitrary linedefs but not others......remind any one of a recent american revolution involving total disrespect of a sealed off tarp covered scaffold but great respect for velvet ropes around paintings of great americans like newt gigrich????

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
rez infinite: over a decade ago a friend lent me his dreamcast which was kinda dying, and which sorta sometimes maybe read pirated discs so when i pirated Rez it didnt work. on nulldc the sound was all hosed up so what was the point. so now, in 2021 i can finally say i finished rez. Area X is where gaming should be headed. it was cool seeing all the things they reused for child of eden, which is never coming to pc or getting vr. at least theres tetris effect

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
rez infinite. a decade+ chapter finally comes to a close. i want more mizuguchi stuff. please someone give him money. god i want tetris effect so bad

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's really fun, IDK why a bunch of people here didn't like it

cause they are capital r retarded

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Thank you doom co creator and gaming legend john romero

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

fadam posted:

If I end up having as much fun with the rest of Far Cry 2: Redux as I did with the ~2 hours I just played it's probably going to be my favourite non-Doom, non-Deus ex FPS of all time.

fadam posted:

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2

I absolutely loved the first two hours of this game, and really hated the other 18. I no longer plan on playing every game in the Far Cry series.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Ys 1... now onto 2.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
lumines challenge mode loving finally lol this game is cool

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Spoderman posted:

1. mr driller drill land
it seems like theres still way more ahead of me, but i beat the story mode and got end credits so im taking it as a beaten game

i forgot to buy the mr driller game that got added to steam during last sale >_o

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
tetris effect: im gonna cry at the whales bro. what a great game. the coop is super fun too

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

American McGay posted:

It's super cool. I haven't dipped into the co-op stuff much. I really want to try it with friends but no one will download the game to play with me (even though it's free on Game Pass).

They've got community event weekends and stuff to help promote the online. I should play it more.

i dunno if it has crossplay with xbox or whatever but im playing on gamepass so if you wanna play im game

anyway
i completed the thing where you play all of story mode in one go

this game is incredible

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
ys 2: i know theyre supposed to be like two halves of one longer game but man, its insane just how much better 2 is compared to 1 in a lot of respects. maybe the levels were a bit too labyrinthine and large, but still, it was pretty good.
and while the final boss wasnt as garbage as in ys 1 it still full of bullshit that made me actually pissed off. nothing like guessing the coinflip wrong on where its gonna fly off to while firing a beam, only to then turn out he flew right next to me and cornered me then stunlocked me with 2 unavoidable yellow bullet barrages. or the times i avoided the flying comet things that then resulted in being unable to move out of the way of the incoming boss who traps you an stunlocks you again.

my attempt where i got to the second phase with almost all of my magic for the shield spell the goddess bracelet froze the boss not once, not twice, not thrice, but 6 loving times in the middle of the arena where he is unreachable. god im still reeling

like the attacks are good, theyre interesting to dodge and all but the way they sometimes overlap with each other and the amount of guesswork and how some poo poo is just out of your control drives me up the loving wall. and it's still better designed than ys 1's. still, a great game and once again a loving crazy good soundtrack. ys ftw

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

goferchan posted:

It hasn't clicked with me yet but I know I'll eventually have a "Ys Era" in my gaming career and I'm looking forward to it

Playing oath sold me instantly on the series even if every 2 titles or so they completely change how they play. Maybe you gotta find the style that suits you best

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Its a good game. Did you do nonlethal

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

mycophobia posted:

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Grand Prix ALL CUPS IN 50CC, 100CC, 150CC, MIRROR AND 200CC 3 STARS)
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)

bleh. music is bad and the last 2 act zone was dogshit. will not be continuing with this

i remember the first stage's music fondly

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

mycophobia posted:

a lot of it is okay but it being made for the gba is a severe handicap

yeah, the instrumentation on a bunch of these is really rough

oh huh, this was from advance? i completely forgot in fact i remember it sounding better than it does. i recall a lot of people mentioning one from advance 3 like chaos zone or whatever. i dont think i ever played more than a couple stages of it.

even though this is to me the quintessential gba good song it still seems like with a better chip it could really sing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrpoqgIG28I

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

herculon posted:

Castlevania 3

Really need to get back to that one. I think i stopped at the aquaduct stage or prolly the one after

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Same i played it mostly as trevor. I tried sypha for a bit and got pissed that i hit a chandlestick accidentally trying to hurt a monster and lost my cool spell causw it got replaced by a lovely one fuuuu

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
I saw the show and she says sypha beldanesh

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

grow cube, because someone linked to the grow games and im addicted to them again

i loved those

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
four-sight: by the synergy weirdos who made GADGET INVENTION TRAVEL AND ADVENTURE, except theres even less info about it online. the only video on it is on vimeo and it doesnt even reach the credits, which for a almost interactive series of quicktimes that totals 30 mins or less is something. i dont even know if i should put this here cause its barely a game but its cool. very psychedelic and surreal. thank you junko kubota

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
I also shold get back to that one

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
thumper: left my save halfway the penultimate level and after like 2 years i decided to finish it. cool as hell game, had to relearn everything during some hard parts. the final stage is cool as poo poo but a bit bullshit. cool game

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Doom 2: the Plutonia Experiment

that city level near the end where you press a switch and have to investigate every building to find which small thing changes sucked balls

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

ArfJason posted:

Doom 2: the Plutonia Experiment

that city level near the end where you press a switch and have to investigate every building to find which small thing changes sucked balls

i did the secret levels

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Hermione:Its SaGa, not saga.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Youre missing 12 stars. Youre missing out on a cool easter egg

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Hunter s thompson: i was nobody at the time and met up with a sailor from the yucatan pulling a second shift as supplier for the zetas. The drugs got him years later, and it made no headlines, but what made the papers were his wares, and for good reason. He was hip enough to use the obviously fake name "Uncle N.", and supplied nitrites so powerful they could propel the challenger and have enough for the trip back home. I took a whiff of some poppers and followed him down a hallway. Whatever room wasnt plastered with leather daddies and fetish gear was covered in glass bottle shards from the brawls taking place earlier, but soon he took me to a special pristine room, for a unique new type of gas.

In this clinical room, he turns on the lone computer.
i beat gender bender gas dna twister.
It was then that i knew, football season truly was over.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
nights into dreams
ever since i was a kid i wondered what this was about. plenty people saying it was this hidden masterpiece and uhhh lol
theres potential for a really good game hidden here, but the camera is so uncooperative, and some stage gimmicks are just awful like the sled one, and some of those top down segments. The game is short but its really made to score attack it, and some of the combo timings are insanely unforgiving (theres stage gimmicks that seem specifically made to end your combos), and not a lot is explained. you kinda have to guess that to get ranks above c you have to skip over the finish line to do a second or third lap to rack up points since time left on the clock doesnt matter. thats kinda cool cause it forces you to get as close as you can to 0 without dying. the music was really cool and the general vibe is really unique. its a shame that the sequel and now Balaamb Wonderland or whatever apparently both sucked rear end and didnt live up to the potential of this. oh well.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

In Training posted:

3. Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly (100%). The game is a real turd that barely runs and has constant audio glitches. I looked it up and apparently it's the only game the studio ever made, pretty cool

a while back i saw theres this dude that digs info on bad games' and he talked about spyro and it was pretty hosed from the get go warning tho his sense of humor is gbsesque https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omgUaQKUIEo

absolutely anything posted:

yeah i like it as a score attack game but its definitely been hyped up as more than it is by lunatics for the entirety of its life

i can see why its got a cult classic its a very very unique game with a tremendous vibe and the score attack aspect encourages replays, but its just short on a couple aspects that could make it an actually good + fun game. after playing the stage once or twice, you can really think of the lines you gotta take to be speedy and get high scores, which feels great, but rather because of learning some execution heavy task its more about memorizing the stage because the camera is so hosed. its quite tragic really

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Those generators are fire. Based oscorp transducer capacitors. Octopus phd is sus

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

meant to post this a week ago but i forgot, persona 5 strikers

congratulations dude. its cool to see real trailblazers in the p'zone now and then

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

deus ex human revolution
the graphics still look really good. the powerups are a bit underwhelming (hoping mankind divided improves this) but the gameplay is really fun for a while. i went full stealth, but I probably should have learned my lesson from dishonored and not cared about meticulously reloading if I get discovered and just fought it out.

Good art design outlasts graphical fidelity
-shigeru "mario" miyamoto

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
hades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation