Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

*starting to smile slightly at knuc* reserved 2

lol

1. Alba: A Wildlife Adventure (1/23)
2. Suikoden (108 Stars) (2/17)
3. Monster Train: The Last Divinity (3/25)
4. It Takes Two (4/3)
5. Yakuza Kiwami (5/30)
6. Tyranny (6/19)
7. Chicory: A Colorful Tale (7/3)
8. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (7/15)
9. Red Dead Redemption 2 (10/3)
10. Cyberpunk 2077 (100%) (11/14)
11. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (Magick Archer, main story, Everfall, Bitterblack completed) (12/17)

tawal fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Dec 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

i beat covenant 25 monster train with the plant champion with the cultivate effect which no one told me was insanely strong. thanks for your support all

the exiled hellhorned champion with rally x2 + resolve: queen's impling, sacrifice imp, either of the imp artifacts (imp-cicle, queen's tail) is the most broken run I've had yet. congratulations on your covenant 25 win

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

You can almost go infinite and it's badass. Can scale up to like 500 attack

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

stil not close to finishing anything, dunno how peopel are doing this.

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

2. Suikoden (108 Stars)

My favorite of all the PSX RPGs, first replay in ~15 years. Holds up with great characters, excellent pacing and coming in at sub-30 for a 100% run makes it the perfect length for me

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

being shot to the top of toran castle out of a cannon ftw

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

American McGay posted:

5/20 - Hateboard 2145 (Any%)

i played it and i dont think the gameplay concept was fully developed op, its more style over substance here. only in the final boss does it start to make sense with the concept for sustaining yourself in the air with timed bursts to maintain a combo but that makes doing tricks completely unnecessary outside of initially building meter for that first attack, worst of all all the levels before dont encourage ro provide much of a means for this playstyle until the end anyway. momentum isn't utilised in a way that makes it feel like skateboarding and ramps are more of a nuisance than an opportunity to build score and meter, if there was a more developed trick system and height buildup with the skateboarding aspect emphasized it would give more to do when not hitting the burst button

mmm. mmm.... mmhmm.

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

7. Chicory: A Colorful Tale

Neat little game, but the best part is the music by Lena Raine (Celeste). Worth it for the boss fights

https://i.imgur.com/Ho3rHXh.mp4

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

8. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Not sure why so many people are iffy on this game. it's loving great. Ready to jump straight into Zangetsu mode

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

Fungah! posted:

yweah it's really good, its another igavania. stoked for bloodstained 2 where he can go a bit crazier

:hai:

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (100%). Insanely good game even though a couple dungeons got on my nerves. The dual worlds gimmick could be really neat when they played with it and it was fun hunting down all the secrets and heart pieces. Between this the release of Skyward Sword HD a couple days ago I’m getting extremely hype for Zelda and think I might dive back in to all my Zelda games on 3DS and Switch, maybe figure out a GameCube emulator and finally play Twilight Princess and replay Wind Waker, have a whole big Zelda project. Maybe… make a whole year out of it…

Twilight Princess runs great on Dolphin without any configuration. Hope you enjoy it! It's one of my favorite Zelda games

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

ArfJason posted:

iconoclasts: all over the place. it doesnt really commit to any of its ideas in gameplay, the plot seems to go into interesting places at first but ultimately doesnt feel like it means much or does anything with any of the interesting parts, the pace is killed by a boring tower level full of elevators and slow crawling sections. sprite work is godly, as expected of a konjak joint, and some of the bosses were very fun. i dont think ill 100% it even if it means missing out on a cool extra boss. i feel bad slamming it cause konjak is an unsung indie hero, with noitu love being one of the first paid solo indie games using multimedia fusion, and he spent like 9 years working on this, but its mostly just ok.

dead space 2: great re4 clone. there a bit of lull in the middle section, and isaac sounds a bit too confident at times, and rarely frightened. ellie was cool though, the ending was great, the final boss battle is unbelievably stupid, and the game controls super smoothly. idk i cant really say anything that hasnt been said or anyone doesnt know about this one already. fantastic game

I just picked back up on iconoclasts last week. I originally quit at the tower section, so hopefully it doesn't happen again. it looks so good and the music is fun as hell for sure

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

*Burp* I turned myself into a circus case Morty! I'm Turnabout Rick!

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

3 years huh. Well don't worry, you'll beat it soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

mbt posted:

ghost trick

everyone needs to play this game immediately

It rules