Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

1. INSIDE (1/2)
2. Refunct (100%) (1/2)
3. Katamari Damacy REROLL (1/6)
4. Super Mario 64 (120 stars) (2/1)
5. DOOM Eternal (2/19)
6. Amid Evil (2/28)
7. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
- Golden Deer (4/22)
- Blue Lions (NG+) (5/1)
8. Terraria (6/8)
9. Deadcore (6/29)
10. Journey (7/8)
11. OMORI (SUNNY route, good/secret ending) (7/13)
12. Cave Story+ (Best ending) (9/8)
13. Super Mario Odyssey (11/8)
14. Ghostrunner (11/18)
15. Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania (story mode) (12/19)

symbolic fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

fadam posted:

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2

I absolutely loved the first two hours of this game, and really hated the other 18. I no longer plan on playing every game in the Far Cry series.

fadam posted:

If I end up having as much fun with the rest of Far Cry 2: Redux as I did with the ~2 hours I just played it's probably going to be my favourite non-Doom, non-Deus ex FPS of all time.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmfao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

Love to fight an orc named Jezub who has a poison sword and fire axe that differentiates him from an orc named Jebuz who has a fire sword and poison axe. The gameplay is emerging.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Rating: Kool Kong

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

amid evil - bad final level, really good design in the rest of it though. i like having no hitscan enemies so you can strafe around. probably going to play dusk soon

DUSK pwns, you're for in for a treat, gamer

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

trying to jack off posted:

man that has beaten every ubisoft open world turd on release: i thought bringing achievements to the imp zone would make posting more fun

reading it in Homer Simpsons's voice and loling

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The last time someone posted about a game in here without having recently beat it. NSFL.

https://streamable.com/0bpr9d

lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmfao IT why

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

American McGay posted:

Imp Magic is a force to be reckoned with.

:stare:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Chuck typing out that probation like

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

*Hangdog expression with hands in pockets* Wish I was unemployed...

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

b_d posted:

it pwns. sorry to all teh unemployed and physically go to work ppl.

being declared essential hasn't been the worst thing in the world. it only makes me value the free time i have to game more.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

American McGay posted:

Sonic Fangames HQ

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Major Isoor posted:

I don't know what you're talking about! :D

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i liked the Witness but the puzzle in the greenhouse(?) with all the lighting changes ended up giving me the first migraine i had in a couple years at that point which hampered my overall experience

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sharto

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Apparently he saw Dongicus getting a ton of empty quotes for making a “don’t go to ____ tomorrow” joke in here and thought he’d try it in GBS lol

"What do you get when you cross an emptyquote-hungry poster with a subforum who bans him and treats him like trash?!"

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

b_d posted:

lmfao. welcome to c-spam brother. here's your gun and gang tag.

lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bicyclops posted:

i have opinions on it but it feels too :words: to go into in great detail, even the tl;dr feels like a diatribe. especially because there are two separate things going on.

basically: i don't want to master a game like Pro Wrestling or Slalom, i just want to get a sense of how hard it was, see all the content, and see where it fit in the landscape of games at the time. you can observe why wikipedia says that Pro Wrestling has one of the most notoriously hard end bosses ever without having to replay an hour of beating the same fives dudes three times in a row.

with burger time, for example, i tried it sans save states, got owned a bunch, got better but not great, then used save states pretty aggressively for the first three levels to explore the first three levels, then, once i had learned a ton about how it worked, i started over. at that point i only used save states whenever i got interrupted. sure, there's a pause button, but leaving an arcade game like that and coming back for two hours isn't realistic, you need to get your rhythm back.

obviously, i like castlevania more than burger time, so i used save states a lot less. i did use them before bosses.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Arrhythmia posted:

gamer christmases past, past, past, present, present, past, present, past, present, and future

Fungah! posted:

and so as larry p. observed, "god bless us, every one"

lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bicyclops getting shown the Cratchit family playing New Super Mario Bros on a battered Wii and feeling inspired by Tiny Tim's excitement over beating a level in a single try

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Here lies Bicyclops

He never scored (legitimately)

lmfao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bicyclops posted:

i have absolutely no idea what the hell i'm doing in Mighty Bomb Jack, but i thought i was doing okay anyways until like four levels in this suddenly happened, lol:

lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Luigi’s Mansion, all ghosts all boos. Super fun game, can’t believe it took me so long to check it out. Definitely gonna check out the sequels next

i can't speak for Dark Moon, but unless 3 takes a hard nosedive at some point in the last third of the game, i like it a good bit more than 1. there's a lot more puzzles compared to the OG & you get rewarded a lot for exploration rather than it being mostly room-to-room ghost-catching. i really ought to buckle down and finish it soon.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

b_d posted:

the last boss fight is so bad it makes the whole thign worse.

Alexa play Simple Plan Untitled topic full volume

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i really liked what i played of DE but i think i played too much of it too quickly and got burnt out trying to absorb all the world info and dialogue. feel like it might be a good game on the shortlist to beat for 2022, albeit with starting over

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mamkute posted:

41. Cars (Full Size)

never change, Mamkute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

1. INSIDE (1/2)
2. Refunct (100%) (1/2)
3. Katamari Damacy REROLL (1/6)
4. Super Mario 64 (120 stars) (2/1)
5. DOOM Eternal (2/19)
6. Amid Evil (2/28)
7. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
- Golden Deer (4/22)
- Blue Lions (NG+) (5/1)
8. Terraria (6/8)
9. Deadcore (6/29)
10. Journey (7/8)
11. OMORI (SUNNY route, good/secret ending) (7/13)
12. Cave Story+ (Best ending) (9/8)
13. Super Mario Odyssey (11/8)
14. Ghostrunner (11/18)
15. Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania (story mode) (12/19)

overall, not many games beat but still a pretty deec year. gonna aim for at least 25 in 2022