Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

1. Deadcore (1/12)
2. Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey (1/31)
2a. Legacy of the First Blade DLC (2/8)
3. Cyber Shadow (2/4)
4. Wild Arms (2/21)
5. Spider-Man: Miles Morales (2/27)
6. Yakuza 4 (3/10)
7. Astro’s Playroom (3/15)
8. Demon’s Souls (3/22)
9. Monster Hunter Rise (4/6)
10. Resident Evil Village (5/13)
11. Nier Replicant (all endings/all sidequests) (5/16)
12. Alien: Isolation (5/27)
13. The Messenger (6/21)
14. Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne (7/3)
15. Amnesia: The Dark Descent (7/5)
16. A Plague Tale: Innocence (7/9)
17. Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs (7/10)
18. Dragon Quest V (7/17)
19. Dragon Quest IV (7/22)
20. Dragon Quest VI (8/1)
21. Amnesia: Rebirth (10/12)
22. Metroid Dread (10/23)
23. Castlevania (11/8)
24. Luigi’s Mansion (all ghosts/all boos) (12/12)
25. Metro 2033 (12/26)

Pablo Nergigante fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Dec 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

First game of 2021 beat is Deadcore. Pretty cool although a little frustrating at times. Not sure if I'll go for the good ending

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I think the Japanese version of NG3 has infinite continues. They changed a bunch of things in the US version to make it harder like I think you take double damage from everything.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey all main storylines. Way too long of a game lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cyber Shadow. Pretty close retro platformer published (but not developed) by Yacht Club, got pretty hard at points

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

can you refight bosses later on, theres a ton of challenge achievements for fighting bosses certain ways do they just expect you to restart if you mess them up

I don't think so. I got a couple of them by accident just from playing normally

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

AC Odyssey legacy of the first blade DLC

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Quote posted:

Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie's Double Trouble.

I played this game on a display SNES at Sears while my family was waiting to get out family portrait taken. Even at 12 years old something about the way it looked troubled me. It looked like plastic where the preceding two games looked like clay. It stank of the worst type of appalachian Americana. Who invited the Country Bear Jamboree?

Who would ever swap the jungle for this setting? The first world especially doesn't feel like DKC at all. I feel like I'm playing a cheap Salute Your Shorts tie in by Acclaim or Interplay. Donkey Lips Kong.

I remember my mother coming to check on me periodically at the demo kiosk. The year before I'd gotten lost in a blizzard and she went through a very protective phase. She was wearing a black dress and shiny earrings. This was 18 years before American politics snapped her brain and she created an unhealable rift between us.

"Is this something you'd want for Christmas?" she asked.

I shook my head and felt the stiff collar of my white shirt rub against my neck. I already had an N64. I had played Mario 64. This game, brand new, was already a relic.

The game stuffers without David Wise doing the music. The music that is there is servicible, but I can't help but wonder about the jug band bops and hambone beats that Wise would have written with the new setting. But even that would have been a poor balm to spread over uninspired levels. Never once did I get a wow moment. Never once was I pleasantly surprised by a new mechanic or the placement of a bonus barrel.

Why does Kiddy Kong exist? He brings no new mechanics to the game. He serves the same role as DK did in the first game. He's the heavy. We have a heavy. His name is Donkey Kong. The main character of the series is unplayable more often than not in the SNES trilogy that bears his name.

There is one thing that I will give the game credit for--i found all the secrets myself. The removal of bustable walls that are all but unmarked is to thank for this. It was a black mark on the original and I'm glad it's gone.

I can't recommend this game. I played it because it occupied a small space in my head for 20 years. Space that can now be cleared, ready to be occupied by some other skulking thing that took root when I was young and the world was magic.

103% 6 hours 12 minutes. Rating: Kool Kong

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

trying to jack off posted:

2 is ok, but i cant see myself going back

Had dreams… Two of ’em. Both had Diddy Kong in ’em. It's peculiar. I'm older now then he ever was by twenty years. So in a sense he's the younger Kong. Anyway, first one I don't remember too well but it was about meeting him in town somewhere, he's gonna give me some bananas. I think I lost it. The second one, it was like we was both back in older times and I was on Rambi goin' through the mountains of a night. Goin' through this pass in the mountains. It was cold and there was snow on the ground and he rode past me and kept on goin'. Never said nothin' goin' by. He just rode on past... and he had his t-shirt wrapped around him and his head down and when he rode past I seen he was carryin' fire in a horn the way people used to do and I could see the horn from the light inside of it. 'Bout the color of the moon. And in the dream I knew that he was goin' on ahead and he was fixin' to make a fire somewhere out there in all that dark and all that cold, and I knew that whenever I got there I would find a DK coin. And then I woke up.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wild Arms. Really fantastic game, definitely gonna continue the series

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Amid Evil kicks rear end and frankly so does Dusk

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Anyway I beat the Spider-Man Miles game. It was a lot of fun

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

Spinds awesome. Sony does have the best 1st party devs and now that the dead weight of japan.studio is gone well get even mpre amazing experiences like this

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

He definitely talks too much in the game but I liked it overall. Swinging around is still fun as hell and I used the based spider verse suit the whole game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Frenz posted:

I beat it right after release

Yeah but imp zone didn't exist yet. So you're more like the virtuous pagans in Dante's Inferno who go to Limbo because they were born before the light of Christ was revealed to mankind. Namaste

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yakuza 4. Messy story but great game nonetheless

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

What would life be like if I never returned Little Samson

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

The only imp zone pioneer is the Naruto: Road to Boruto poster

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

We’re on a road to Boruto, come on inside. Taking that ride to Boruto, we’ll take that ride.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Astro’s Playroom. Very cute and a real treat for SonyHeads

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

you gotta beat the game to post the game beat. come the gently caress on.

Furthermore, you gotta pay the troll toll if you wanna get in this boy's soul.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fadam it feels good to be a gamer.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

trying to jack off posted:

man that has beaten every ubisoft open world turd on release: i thought bringing achievements to the imp zone would make posting more fun

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The last time someone posted about a game in here without having recently beat it. NSFL.

https://streamable.com/0bpr9d

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The last man to lie about finishing a game? Gunpei Yokoi.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FINN TUTUOLA: Forensics came back. Found a bunch of Killing Floor 2 vouchers on the body

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

No, my first name ain’t baby, it’s Janet... miss Jackson if you’re Grant DaNasty

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Demon’s Souls. Kick rear end remake and now I can finally say I’ve beaten every Souls game lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

How does Genya Arikado figure into all this.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Who could forget Gay French Transfer Student and Incurable Disease Kid

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

I think I speak for every imp when I say you will not soon be forgotten.

Thank you.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MrMidnight posted:

Hades.

Great game but jfc I couldn't stand Meg and her vocal fry as gently caress voice

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got credits on MH rise today too but I wasn’t sure whether or not to count it because there’s so much game left.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fadam posted:

The rule typically seems to be reaching the credits = beating the game, but some games like Nier and RE2 make you watch the credits a bunch of times before getting the actual ending and I think most of us count getting there as actually beating the game. Not sure where I stand on Monster Hunter tbh...miss your thoughts?

Waiting for the Official Imp Zone Ruling on this.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

The ruling is Fadam needs to be decapitated with a scimitar ISIS style for introducing imp zone pioneer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

Finishing Hub as Village monsters in this game have like no health at all

I personally haven't even marked MHGU as beaten even though I've played it for almost 400 hours but that's just on me.

That's kind of what I'm thinking. I'm pretty much a MH noob and I still got credits less than a week after release.