Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Carrion

I love hideous graphics and terrible europlatformer maze levels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Final Fantasy Legend II

Robots are cool but RIP to evolving into unbelievably OP monsters an hour into the game like the original.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
GB version. Being stuck with a tier 3 monster from the dragon race all the way until the final dungeon because Odin would not give up the good meat sucked.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Life Is Strange

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Final Fantasy Legend III

Meh.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Romancing SaGa (SNES)

Started with Alfred and finished with Sif (joined during intro), Miriam, Aisha, Jamil (all joined ten minutes after the intro concluded), Claudia (joined many hours and several temporary characters later)

What a weird, fascinating mess of a game.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord (NES)

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Patapon (plat)

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Deliver Us the Moon

It was okay.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Dragon Quest XI S

Still have a couple of tickington quests left and some red wood (ugh) to farm but I killed the purple sky guy. Real good, I kinda want to play it again in 2D

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ (1000000%)

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Yakuza 0

Holy poo poo.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
City's probably better but I loved the creepy feeling of Asylum, especially at the end when it's just batman hunting down the last few chattering teeth or whatever with a small handful of lunatics outdoors.

Flashbacks trying to 3 batarang rumble in the jungle (hard), lousy claw always hosed up my freeflow bonus.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Yakuza Kiwami 81.25 %

Almost as much fun as zero after a rocky start, and I still got a kick out of Majima popping out of trash cans right up to the end. Doubt I'll 100% it due to impossible tasks (haruka karaoke, finding idol goro even once) but I'm going to gently caress around in premium adventure for a bit before moving on to 2.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
The Legend of Zelda - 1st quest swordless

Less hard than expected, but very tedious early on due to the inability to sequence break - you need the raft in level 3 to get the ladder in level 4 to get the bomb upgrade in level 5 to get the wand in level 6, which means you have to bomb entirely too many darknuts and wizrobes to death with short supplies. Pretty smooth sailing after that though, death mountain was easy with only 5 forced fights.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
The Legend of Zelda - 2nd quest swordless

Way easier overall due to earlier wand/bomb upgrades + only one forced wizrobe fight.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Yakuza Kiwami 2

:eyepop:

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster (Fighter/Fighter/Red Mage/Red Mage)

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Arrhythmia posted:

It's cheating to use two fighters. Do it again.

Crumbs.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
There are definitely still mindflayers in the ice cave, but the encounters seem like they're in a bunch of smaller zones in this one? I felt like I was running into the same group 4-5 times in a row all game long.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster (Monk, Thief, White Mage, Black Mage)

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Yakuza 3 Remastered

Boy that ending. Now to finish Twelve Minutes.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Twelve Minutes

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Good luck with 10 Yard Fight, learning the piano, and Koei's least penetrable games.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Yakuza 4 Remastered

It was okay.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Just think of all the pioneer points they're racking up.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Hades (credits)

Kicked rear end but I expect I'll burn out before the 200 additional runs required for the epilogue.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Hades (epilogue)

I'm going to run out of things to do before I get bored at this rate. What a game.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

b_d posted:

this was me , i ended up going for all the in-game goals (prophecies + the 32? heat statue). that was fun. THEN i went for buying everything in the shop thing which required doing a bunch of runs aiming to buy diamonds and stuff. that wasn't hard, just an excuse to do a bunch of more relaxed runs and screw around.

i tried to get a high heat on all the weapons but it was too hard. my 32 win was a really lucky run with the gun iirc. aspect where you reload before every shot and do a million damage.

then i tried to do speedruns for in game time for like a week and got some mediocre results and then i was finally sated. that was 6 months ago and i haven't played since. maybe i'll play it again in a few years.

Forgot that I still need lots of diamonds, no doubt Charon will stop stocking them now that I've maxed out all the aspects I care about and am almost done with ambrosia.

I'm still pretty low heat wise, highest clear is 10 with the rail and I think next closest is 6? Lot to do now that I think about it, find the last few stubborn legendaries/duos/hammers, max all trinkets, rob Charon (I don't think I've seen his stash once...), get the last two companions - plenty of game left.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Also catch the last ??? fish, 80 some runs and Chaos has had fish twice...

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I'm scared of EM Hades after blowing through all my defiances the one time I fought EM Theseus.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Final Fantasy IV Pixel Remaster

By far the easiest version of this game but nobody's playing this one expecting a challenge so who cares. I wish all versions had infinite arrows, Rosa and Rydia doing max damage on half the monsters in lunar subterrane was a blast.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Bicyclops posted:

do you have any handle on what they changed?

definitely agree it's the easiest (non Eastytype) version, but i couldn't put my finger on why i was doing so well. i thought i might have been over-leveling to fill out the bestiary for awhile, but it got easy before i started doing that.

The fixed ATB system seems to be pretty unbalanced in the player's favor, my front line guys were routinely getting in two rounds before the enemy's first for the whole back half of the game. Also I probably fought more than usual thanks to autobattle and the game was always easy enough (3D version aside) that even a little bit of grinding is overkill. Only pain points were Zot (1 healing staff user is extremely not enough by this point) and Sylvan Cave (ugh, menus).

I'm pretty sure they tweaked the drop rates too (got pink tail + all summons without having to refill sirens), but with absolutely nothing useful available pre-moon this didn't matter.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon

Sadly this has not aged well, mostly due to the castle's layout being very hostile to any traversal options you might receive - all of the rooms are S-shaped and jam-packed with monsters, and the teleports are all in very inconvenient places. I did get all the bat lady drops and the two trick candle cards but refused to bother with the arena so shamefully finished with 14/16 DSS.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Bicyclops posted:

you must have gotten lucky. i got the pink tail on siren 99 (which is all you can have, without glitching your way into the tower - you can't refill them in the new version).

You can buy them in Namingway cave.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Bicyclops posted:

in the pixel remaster? pretty sure that's exclusive to the GBA version

Absolutely in the pixel remaster, unless it's mobile only for some reason.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Bicyclops posted:

lol. i'm almost tempted to go back and get the summons now, just to finish getting what achievements i can. do you know if they fixed the glitch that locks you out of getting all the hidden items?

Which ones were you missing? If it's sylvan cottage/land of summons, those items aren't even collectable until after the giant of babel, because three trips through the sylvan cave wasn't enough apparently.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I've never seen level 4 of Burger Time, good luck with Mr. Pickle.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Carto

Pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Apparently Burger Time has a kill screen so you have 253 levels left.