Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i wont beat any games this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Maya Fey posted:

1. The Sinking City. Not a great start for 2021

its very easy to pwn this game by calling it the stinking lovely and by all accounts that should be its real name

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm temporarily number 7 on the dailly leader board for monster train until more people play it so i'm going to say i beat it even tho i haven't beat covenenant 25 yet. thanks

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i finished the hit doom megawad ancient aliens i magaed to pistol start and no save up to map 28 on uv but maps 28 and 29 were nuts so i had to make a saves after each of the big fights. extremely strong maps for the most part except for maybe one or two duds and the soundtrack is sick. czech it out if you wish you could talk to the aliens

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mysterious loyall X posted:

i finished the hit doom megawad ancient aliens i magaed to pistol start and no save up to map 28 on uv but maps 28 and 29 were nuts so i had to make a saves after each of the big fights. extremely strong maps for the most part except for maybe one or two duds and the soundtrack is sick. czech it out if you wish you could talk to the aliens

i went back and i did uv pistoal start 28 w/o saving thanks for your support. not sure how to do 29 consistently yet tho theres one arena with a million archviles above you.....brutal edoom and mario jump boots mod perhaps???

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

trying to jack off posted:

for sure, you can tell the archviles to gently caress off and then use a take down on them leaving behind a field of real photos of jewish corpses

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

archiviles sort of zig zagaround arbitrarily with no apparent destination or forethought and respect arbitrary linedefs but not others......remind any one of a recent american revolution involving total disrespect of a sealed off tarp covered scaffold but great respect for velvet ropes around paintings of great americans like newt gigrich????

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i went back and i did uv pistoal start 28 w/o saving thanks for your support. not sure how to do 29 consistently yet tho theres one arena with a million archviles above you.....brutal edoom and mario jump boots mod perhaps???

i didn't know what to play so i played map 28 uv pistol start and no saving AGAIN but this time in prboom+ instead of gzdoom this had the effect of:

1. making it harder to slip past the first cyberdemon i had to really ride his rear end for him to move out of the drat way
2. i blew myself up on an inifintely tall cacodemon since prboom has no zclipping like the original engine (but it was added in heretic/hexen/strife) but gzdoom has zclipping on by default. thanks all.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

not sure what variations of map 28 i can do next but i'll keep you all updated if i do. maybe a borderlands style gameplay mod that adds epic dubstep + numbers flying off of the monsters head???

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Nostradingus posted:

Snes game yes, but doom wads are emphatically not games

:gonk:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i beat covenant 25 monster train with the plant champion with the cultivate effect which no one told me was insanely strong. thanks for your support all

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Tetris effect is fine but its the sjw c*ck modern implementation of Tetris aka the t spin variety. Sad

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

tawal posted:

the exiled hellhorned champion with rally x2 + resolve: queen's impling, sacrifice imp, either of the imp artifacts (imp-cicle, queen's tail) is the most broken run I've had yet. congratulations on your covenant 25 win

thats a good combo. i like the imp queen but a lot but ifyou don't have a way to reliably kill your imps the last couple areas will kill you. implosion or the otherone that gives you bonus energy + holdover makes it nuts tho.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i finished reading and clicking thru tokimeki memorial and mio kisaragi the anemic book loving girl told me she loves books. aND me :swoon:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Sybthetik is tite

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

disco elysium easily claims the title of greatest rpg of all time by removing the combat layer aka the worst part of ALL crpgs whether j or w :twisted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i finished the hit Doom megawad "eviternity" which was pretty amazeballs all around. the ice levels [with ice physics!!!!] and the hell levels [aka ALWAYS boring] were my favorite parts tbh. lots of cool memorable fights.

i wont ever be able to uv pistol start maps 32, 19, and 29 w/o saving so did i really finish it? idk. also the custom end boss is awful, which i guess is still an improvement over the icon of sin.

the "fun factor" is not as high [4.5] as ancient alients [a 5] however.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i really cant think of any good fps boss fights off the top of my head so im not surprised

the best ones i can think of atm are the ones in amid evil altho they're merely "okay."

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

alexa find c drive gog screenshot. edit: wrong window

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

alexa find c drive gog screenshot. edit: wrong window

the expak boss in blood is truely amazing

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i beat the hit megawad valiant which was very good. thanks. not too hard to pistol start uv all the levels EVEN the secret map 32 with 1600 monsters. the custom monsters were cool and the new weapon the super chaingun was epic. IT also had 0 icon of sin levels and has probably the best doom last boss ever since its just a pissed off red archvile. thanks. i hoipe skillsaw makes another big wad some day since valiant and ancient aliens are amazeballs.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Here come all the raretards to defend the objectively worst European platformer of all time, donkey kong country 3.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

its the best of the trilogy. wake up sheeple

none of them are very good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

2 is ok, but i cant see myself going back

the music is the best part tbh.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ArfJason posted:

nights into dreams
ever since i was a kid i wondered what this was about. plenty people saying it was this hidden masterpiece and uhhh lol
theres potential for a really good game hidden here, but the camera is so uncooperative, and some stage gimmicks are just awful like the sled one, and some of those top down segments. The game is short but its really made to score attack it, and some of the combo timings are insanely unforgiving (theres stage gimmicks that seem specifically made to end your combos), and not a lot is explained. you kinda have to guess that to get ranks above c you have to skip over the finish line to do a second or third lap to rack up points since time left on the clock doesnt matter. thats kinda cool cause it forces you to get as close as you can to 0 without dying. the music was really cool and the general vibe is really unique. its a shame that the sequel and now Balaamb Wonderland or whatever apparently both sucked rear end and didnt live up to the potential of this. oh well.

Segatards are truely sad

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I bought that whilst high on the drug maryjuanno but haven t got very far. Seems cool

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

amid evil had shockingly good bosses for an fps. which tbh is an insanely low bar to clear. but the last boss was a stinker yeah. i want to try it in the mode where soul mode activates automatically someday [they patched in the ability to activate it yourself later i guess]

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i like scary mages riding spooky crystal dogs

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

American McGay posted:

Remember the first hour or so of Death Stranding gameplay where Die-Hardman and Deadman are hitting up your codec every 20 steps to explain a new gameplay mechanic to you? Imagine that, but for 50 straight hours.

Spinds awesome. Sony does have the best 1st party devs and now that the dead weight of japan.studio is gone well get even mpre amazing experiences like this

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

meant to post this a week ago but i forgot, persona 5 strikers

we all beat persona 5 strikers while living at the same orphanage but forgot about it due to retrograde amnesia caused by a time travelling witch's curse

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i never got far in grimrock and they made me want to play eye of the beholder 2 but then i gave up on that after like 10 minutegs as well . :twisted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Roth posted:

I beat I wanna be the Guy just search for my let's play on Youtube for proof. It's the one with unregistered hypercam 2 on the video, just make sure your parents aren't nearby because I swear like a sailor

gently caress you

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

sounds like youre the imp zone pioneer on that one, welcome to the club

i credit fed thru it once like 13 years ago and never played it again because i don't like most pre-dodonpachi shmups. SO i'm the pioneer

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fartlancer posted:

Whomp 'Em for the nes

i should have kept the cartridge of that and little samson instead of returening them to blockbuster i'd be rich

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Idk you can usually make it work. And if you pick plant clan with rejuvenate champion u have to try to lose since its insanely strong. What usually kills me is like picking a challenge like all enemies do +6 damage and then getting blown up

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

little munchkin posted:

i was doing both clans randomized until level 20 or so at which point i chose rejuv plant guy + melting every time. my decks were either insanely strong or i lose due to never seeing a way to deal damage.

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fungah! posted:

dragon quest. its insane how much longer i thought this game was when i was a kid, i thought it was this big epic adventure and it took like three days of nonstop gaming to beat. this time it took like five hours lol. still a great game though

Uou probably played a newb remake with faster exp gain. Die!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Finally beat PErsona 5 Royale this weekend. The ending after the last boss is literally 3 hours long and It caused a fight with my wife because I wouldnt eat my dinner, thinking it was going to end soon (it did not loving end soon).

Goddamn...what a wild journey...147 hours and 29 minutes total lmfao...

This game was long, the story fell off massively, but the battle system and style was good enough to keep me going. If I had one thiong to say to sum up this game is that it wore out its welcome immensely.

spoliers!

The main story blew chunks and the Akechi character was horrible. Dude literally killed two of the main characters parents and tried to kill the Joker and everyone gets sad when hes gonna disappear...who honestly gives a gently caress lol, Like he never endeared himself to me in any way and I was not shocked in the slightest the he was the betrayer. LAst semester was assy too. The dorky loving councillor changed reality because his girlfriend was sad...give me a break you dumb nerdy son of a bitch. Get another girlfriend!

lmao a lot of that extra story wasn't in the original and he was still terrible. gently caress you atlus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Baxate posted:

Crosscode

I liked this game a lot starting out, but it was too drat long and the dungeons were a drag. This game took me 34 hours to beat. Overall very nice though.

The stuff outside the dungeons is paced very well and advances the story. Then they throw you in a dungeon and it just goes on forever and every room has a long rear end puzzle you have to do and there’s like a million rooms

The dungeons kick rear end and the puzzles were cool