Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

reserved. this is going to be a good year for beating games

1. mr driller: drill land - 1/18
2. aero porter - 1/20
3. the rub rabbits - 1/24
4. snatcher - 2/3
5. project diva: mega mix - 2/10
6. super mario 3d world - 2/16
7. sega bass fishing (arcade mode) - 2/20
8. legend of zelda : a link between worlds - 3/7
9. pocket card jockey - 3/12
10. ridge racer 2 - 4/21
11. legend of zelda: ocarina of time 3d - 7/3
12. super mario run - 7/15
13. metal gear solid - 7/29
14. tri force heroes - 10/10
15. metroid: zero mission - 10/18
16. super metroid - 10/24
17. metroid dread - 11/5
18. metroid fusion - 11/11

Spoderman fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Nov 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

1. mr driller drill land
it seems like theres still way more ahead of me, but i beat the story mode and got end credits so im taking it as a beaten game

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

ArfJason posted:

i forgot to buy the mr driller game that got added to steam during last sale >_o

keep an eye out for it next sale. its really good

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

aero porter. really cool puzzle game by yoot saito, the sim tower guy. weirdly mesmerizing and i kept having tetris style dreams of luggage carousels revolving after playing it.

the game doesnt have end credits but i maxed out my airport and did great at the max level just now so i know in my heart that i beat it.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

3. the rub rabbits. it was okay but much worse than the first one. it really felt like they were completely out of ideas in this one while the first one seemed loaded with them. still, not bad.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

4. snatcher
i wish i could play it for the first time again. after fifteen years i still remembered all the twists and plot beats. still a great game though.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

5. project diva mega mix
i cleared all the songs from the main game and dlc pack 1 on hard mode, which im counting as beating.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

super mario 3d world (wii u)

tied for my favorite 3d mario game with 64. but it’s really in a class of its own. its really sad to play this without miiverse stamps showing mario farting on something at the end of every level though. rip.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

sega bass fishing (arcade mode). the last stage was funny. cool game.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

legend of zelda: a link between worlds

what a game... this is the first zelda i’ve beaten since links awakening and it’s great to be back. really fun minigames too. just a cool game to hang out in.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

pocket card jockey. this might be the best game ever made. 3DS stays winning.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

American McGay posted:

Alucard is Dracula spelled backwards.

interesting theory.. not sure if thats canon though. i think alucard is actually dracula’s son

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

mycophobia posted:

[in tears] they could escape again!

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

ridge racers 2 (psp).

amazing game. ridge racer forever.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

lmao

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

lmao

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

11. the legend of zelda: ocarina of time 3d

this is a really satisfying one to cross off of my list. i got this game when it first came out, but had never actually beaten it for one reason or another. i made a rule for myself in like 1999 that i could not let myself buy another zelda game until i beat any of the ones i already had and this game was basically reason #1 for that. i tried again in college but stopped playing right at the last castle and dropped it. in like 2014 or so i finally started beat link's awakening and slowly have gone through zelda games since then. anyhow, net cafe scandal's thread made me want to play ocarina of time again, and now i've finally done it. i've beaten it. it's alright.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Fungah! posted:

i will say commutes pwn AS LONG AS youre not driving yourself. 30-60 of commuter train in the morning and evening ftw

absolutely this. commuter gaming is the ultimate way of handheld gaming.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

P-Mack posted:

I want to take my switch on the train but it's summer vacation and the kids need it more

bring your 3ds instead. not seeing the problem here.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

super mario run. its fine but it’s not the best that super mario has to offer.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

American McGay posted:

Did you get all the coins?

thats my next goal. but i’m considering that post-game content.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

metal gear solid. hard mode, otacon ending. 103 continues, 42 alerts. code name mammoth. yikes…

i’m much worse at this game than i was when i played it a few years ago but it’s still so much fun. might play it again soon to get the tux and try to get better at it again.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Hey Chief posted:

Murder Dog IV: Trial of the Murder Dog

that game rules

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

lmao

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

tri force heroes. this might be my favorite zelda game. just a really fun time all around. going to try to 100% it if i can stand to wait around in the lobbies i’d need to

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

metroid: zero mission
clear time 4:00:01, 69% items

what a great great game. off to the next one.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

super metroid. 5:57 clear time, 70% items.

this is my favorite metroid game. i hadn’t played it in over a decade so i’d forgotten a whole lot. this is a good trick so maybe i’ll leave super metroid fallow until about 2035 so i can play it with fresh eyes again. i quit samus returns halfway through and good riddance. just such a dull game. i’d never get to dread at that rate.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

kid icarus is really good & definitely a top nes game. from what i noticed people only started saying bad things about it once emulators came out because if you only play fifteen minutes of it before moving onto another rom you downloaded, it doesn’t really seem like anything special. it gets better the further in you get

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

i have absolutely no idea what the hell i'm doing in Mighty Bomb Jack, but i thought i was doing okay anyways until like four levels in this suddenly happened, lol:

lmao

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Major Isoor posted:

lmao, I think we might need this to appear for Jeff Bezos :D

lmfao

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

metroid dread. really sick game. easily one of the best games on the switch. it’s good to have metroid back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

18. metroid fusion (100% items, 5:17 clear time)
it’s definitely a lesser metroid but it’s a great game. i don’t think i like this game enough to put in the work to get 100% items under two hours but i also know it’d be really fun to do.