Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Every year I say I'm going to play more single player games and every year I just play fighting games and dead MMOs. Considering my current gaming habits it's not looking good, imps. Beat a few games for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. All heart pieces. I was able to find almost all the heart pieces on my own from memory, but I had to look up the last three. Most of them aren't very well hidden anyway.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I can't tell what's real anymore.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

SaGa Frontier Remastered: All seven original scenarios on one system data. I didn't do Fuse yet but I got to the special developer room so I'm marking it as a win. Good thing I saved in there because the game locked up during a special battle sequence in the dev room, so I can finish exploring it. I blasted through this game thanks to all the new features. Once you know what to do to complete a scenario and have the strength to take on a final boss they are actually really short.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Immortal Severance ending.

I wasn't crazy about some of the late game areas but the final boss was extremely satisfying and tense.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I remember liking Renegade the most in Mass Effect 2 because you could do stuff like push a merc off the top of a skyscraper because he talked poo poo to you or make a scene at a store because they won't give you a discount. ME3 Renegade wasn't nearly as fun.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I didn't really like the last case though. The first four all kind of told this one larger story about Phoenix, Edgeworth, and the Feys that had its closure at the end of the last one, and then suddenly you're doing this weird side story with a bootleg Maya that had nothing to do with anything

Fwiw the 5th case in the original Ace Attorney is a side story because it was added in the DS release, which is why it has all the minigames like the fingerprint dusting and lets you rotate and examine evidence that aren't present in any other case of the original trilogy. I like the case a lot but it has some hosed up parts that are frustrating like when you cross examine Gant the first time and you have to ask him specific questions in a specific order to advance.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Apollo Justice is the nadir of the series in my opinion, but it's still worth playing, and definitely play the Edgeworth spin off games (the second Edgeworth game was not localized but there is a fan translation).

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles

Part 1 was mediocre but Part 2 was really really good. Some of the segments were maybe a bit too long, and I never did like the Sholme's Deduction segments due to having to watch the same sequence twice in a row. The final witness breakdown was top tier.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Metroid Dread, 100% items. Pretty good. I was bad at the EMMI stealth sections and some of the bosses, but the game is generous with checkpoints so it stayed snappy.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

You should play the other, better, silent hill games that came out before that one.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Shin Megami Tensei V, Chaos Ending.

Will be going back to beat the superbosses and potentially 100% the compendium since macca is pretty easy to come by in this game.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

mbt posted:

shin megami tensei: nocturne - true demon ending (normal difficulty)

after playing 1 and 2, 3 is an incredible jrpg. press turn rules extremely hard. I don't like how there aren't many choices to be made, does siding with someone get you anything special? avoiding a fight and a different ending maybe? in 1/2 your alignment would get you unique demons and send you on different paths.

Yeah siding with a Reason gets you an ending with that Reason. I did Musubi path and I didn't have to fight Noah for instance. I think if you side with Chiaki you still have to fight Baal Avatar because her Reason is all about ruling through strength.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The Legend of Zelda, First Quest. I will not be doing second quest this time. Moving on to Zelda 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The Legend of Zelda 2: The Adventures of Link. Not ashamed to say I needed a guide for the final palace. Running from the bird knights is highly recommended. I also cheesed Dark Link cause I was on my last life and didn't know if I would have to fight Thunderbird again, and besides the game is hard enough already.